It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

a slight problem with planet x

page: 1
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
right so pardon my stupidity on this as i dont do a huge amount of reaserch on planet x/niburu so ill give you the basic idea of what i know and why it dosent make sense to me. The theory is Planet x orbits the sun extremly slowly and comes near earth every couple thousand years. its gravity interferes with our planets or its magnetosphere collides with ours or both and extreme extinction level events on earth. but if this were to happen every 20,000-30,000 years(is this right?) than life would never really be able to kick off and become more complex. Because every time life tried to evolve this planet would come back and destroy all progress, so how would this work, weve had 5-6(depends on who you ask) mass extinctions in the past, and they werent cyclical they happend at complete random, plus we think we have good explanations for most of them (there is debate about the ordivican extinction). So how does planet x make any sense. or is my limited knowledge of this just inaccurate




posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow
right so pardon my stupidity on this as i dont do a huge amount of reaserch on planet x/niburu so ill give you the basic idea of what i know and why it dosent make sense to me. The theory is Planet x orbits the sun extremly slowly and comes near earth every couple thousand years. its gravity interferes with our planets or its magnetosphere collides with ours or both and extreme extinction level events on earth. but if this were to happen every 20,000-30,000 years(is this right?) than life would never really be able to kick off and become more complex. Because every time life tried to evolve this planet would come back and destroy all progress, so how would this work, weve had 5-6(depends on who you ask) mass extinctions in the past, and they werent cyclical they happend at complete random, plus we think we have good explanations for most of them (there is debate about the ordivican extinction). So how does planet x make any sense. or is my limited knowledge of this just inaccurate

There is another thread on ATS that proves planet x/Nibiru was translated wrong while reading Samarian text (I would provide a link but im using my phone) which other ATSers would counter all day, but since that's what personally believe that's why it does not and could not exist.
edit on 17-9-2011 by 31Bravo because: Typos.



posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo
 


i had no idea, you search up planet x/niburu you get alot of results



posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Humanity has about 200,000 years of being Homo Sapien; about 50,000 years of being exactly like us....

Yet, the first discovered remains of solid housing is about 12,000 years old and it was most likely an community center.

The time of Noah is said to be around 13000 years ago.

The first records of history began appearing around 5000 years ago and these records can hardly be called comprehensive.

Strange, no?



posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow
 


Well before someone reads my first comment let me make it known that conspiracy y theorists pick and choose what they believe is true.. so don't take my word for it BUT I know that if there was such a planet or brown dwarf close to our solar system we would know.. simple physics. Btw S&F.



posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Oh I thought the problem was that nobody saw magical nibiru from their house. Never mind. It changes so much, went from being a planet, to a brown dwarf, to a comet, to an spaceship now it's trailing the comet and heading for us.

Ain't we heard that 1000 times ?
edit on 17-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack
 

yes yes.. and no matter how much irrefutable evidence is provided to the believer brigade they label them a troll.. unbelievable.

Oh and let's not forget about the credible YouTube videos that still get posted claiming that there HAS to be a brown dwarf heading this way


edit on 17-9-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow
 



You think we have evolved? Last time I checked the majority of the planet is still a bunch of poop flinging monkeys.



posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Its every 3600 years. If you look at geology it will tell you that something does happen every 3600 years. We have found million year old human bones. Think about advancement. I do not think it would take a million years to get where we are now. Just look at the past 50 years and how much we have advanced. We would have had to stay in the same technological stage for 100's of 1000's of years. I think something happens that holds humanity back. We get to a braking point then all of sudan advancement just stops. For example egypt and the maya, they seem to have just disappeared.
edit on 17-9-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8
 


The Egyptian's just disappeared? That's funny I could have sworn they had written history dating back to their earliest days. Not to mention they were still there when they were conquered by the Greeks and the Romans. Also, last time I checked there were still communities of Mayans living in at least Guatemala.



posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
reply to post by connorromanow
 


Well before someone reads my first comment let me make it known that conspiracy y theorists pick and choose what they believe is true.. so don't take my word for it BUT I know that if there was such a planet or brown dwarf close to our solar system we would know.. simple physics. Btw S&F.


If people choose to ask questions since they've been lied to over and over... and you have certain things going on, like an up-tick in building underground bases, grave liners, FEMAcamps and trains and excersizes...up-tick in extreme weather...we're only picking what we choose to believe is true... ? isn't that the way you're suppose to make a comprehensive decision on anything... ? By picking threw all the information, looking for solid facts/truths and throwing the rest in the garbage?

Your comment then makes no sense because the way I read it... very sarcastic on your part. *Conspiracy Theorists pick and choose...* Of course we pick and choose..whether you trust the Government, which btw, has been proven over and over and over to LIE to us on a limitless bases. Or whether you don't trust the Government...you have to CHOOSE the solid facts again to come to a conclusion on things so you don't DIE! or you're better prepared in case they SCREW IT ALL UP!!! Anyways.. just thought I'd point that little fact out to you... CHOICE is what this Country is based on and CHOICE is what you have when educating yourself on certain.....topics.



posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8
 


There is not evidence for an event every 3600 years. People are advancing and they do it without interruptions in any sort of cyclic manner.
Egypt disappeared? Are you kidding? So who was Cleopatra? Remember that is the last of Ptolemaic line that conqueror the Egyptians and they were conquered by the Romans.

The Mayans disappeared? Their civilization collapsed in the 8th and 9th centuries AD. The collapse did not end the Mayans. Remember that the conquistadors eventually conquered the remaining Mayan cities.



posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1
 



you have to CHOOSE the solid facts again to come to a conclusion on things so you don't DIE!

Do you have any solid facts about 2012 or a planet X or Nibiru or whatever you want to call it?


CHOICE is what this Country is based on and CHOICE is what you have when educating yourself on certain.....topics.

Which country are you referring to when you say this country?



posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow
 


Planet X and Nibiru are very different.

Planet X - the name given to a search for a new planet based on observations of movements of Neptune and Uranus. The issue was resolve in 1987 with the Voyager II flyby that showed that Neptune's mass was off by 0.5%.

Nibiru - A fictional planet made up a well known hoaxer named Sitchin that pretended the idea came from the translations of Sumerians tablets.



posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow
 


Since I didn't see this possiblity posted - how about the planet/object/or whatever it is that allegedly destroys civilization every so often IS evolution (in a sense).



posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jemcotech
 


Interesting idea there



posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist
 


Like I said I don't know much about this



posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
I think something happens that holds humanity back. We get to a braking point then all of sudan advancement just stops. For example egypt and the maya, they seem to have just disappeared.
edit on 17-9-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)


exactly.. Conquistadors!



posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8
 


There is not evidence for an event every 3600 years. People are advancing and they do it without interruptions in any sort of cyclic manner.
Egypt disappeared? Are you kidding? So who was Cleopatra? Remember that is the last of Ptolemaic line that conqueror the Egyptians and they were conquered by the Romans.

The Mayans disappeared? Their civilization collapsed in the 8th and 9th centuries AD. The collapse did not end the Mayans. Remember that the conquistadors eventually conquered the remaining Mayan cities.


Perfectly stated my friend



posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow
 


It's okay not to know. I was just trying to help out by giving a very brief intro to these names: NIbiru and Planet X.







 
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join