It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are Some Americans So Shockingly Cruel?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gameoverforyou

America... and every other country estabished. Land was gained through war and genocide. If you look throughout history, you will see Europe has been bloodied, Africa and South America. Its not an U.S. problem, its a human problem.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
We need to identify the source of this meanness, and stop beating around the BUSH!

Who in this country ALWAYS cuts programs for the poor and needy?

Who invariably supports wars?

Who always is against raising taxes on the rich?

Who, in-fact, always cuts taxes for the rich?

Who is against universal healthcare?

Who is for abolishing Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid . . . or at least cutting it to the bone?

Who cuts education budgets?

Who cheered at a debate that an uninsured man should die?

Who supports raising the defense budget and never advocates cutting it?

Who supports cutting of breakfast programs for the poor children, and have done it!

Identify the vicious and negative entity that is the answer to the above and you will have the answer to what in this country mostly brings the people down to the level of animals

edit on 17-9-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeroK
Why do 5% of the world's population consume 30% of its resources?

Those percentage numbers don't seem to ever change.
How recent is your source? 1970s?1980s? 90s? This year?
Did it change when american manufacturing was shipped overseas?
The recession?
Did we start with 30% of the worlds resources?

I'm not questiong the numbers they may be true but if they were shouldn't they vary just a little?

Originally posted by inforeal Who cuts education budgets?

I think it should be cut, we have the most expensive public schools graduating the least educated students in the world.

edit on 17-9-2011 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Partly because Randian Objectivism is an American institution. Rand believed in taking the Darwinian approach towards those unable to care for themselves.

It's also largely because of the culture of revenge, which really goes right back to the initial Puritans. American Christians are a vicious, spiritual exclusivist group who believe in the supremacy of their own warped morality, and who are entirely happy to throw away the key or apply the death penalty in whatever form, to people who they think need it.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I think the real, truthful question would be: why are so many human beings so shockingly cruel?
Cruelty in the human animal extends to every culture on the planet.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Never a problem, my friend. We can display that trait that is ignored by so many humans: brotherhood and camaraderie. My apologies if I didn't make myself clear on the first occasion.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Nods...You are welcome.
edit on 17-9-2011 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Because Americans have been cold and hostile for years, it's nothing new. I've adapted, it's hard to adapt to things when you're just sick and tired of being sick and tired, if you get my meaning.
There are good people, bad people and idiots. Most of us have learned to deal with them and move on.
edit on 17-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted by someone who's name is heartisblack. i feel for you, but when you're sick and tired of being sick and tired you can't just "learn to deal with them and move on". what are you going to move on to? bigger and better things? you can't build a nation (or a building or a house of cards or anything, whatever) unless you have a good foundation. what you do is figure out what is wrong and then figure out the best way to fix it. but because most americans have the "learn to deal with it and move on"attitude is why americans are so mean. because no one cares enough to ask what is wrong and how it can be helped. there is no empathy and there is no compassion. but i do empathize and i do have compassion. help me spread the love.
edit on 19-3-2012 by couldbeanyone because: added the word "attitude" where it was missing

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Slavery's last stronghold

The usually stoic mother — whose jet-black eyes and cardboard hands carry decades of sadness — wept when she saw her child’s lifeless face, eyes open and covered in ants, resting in the orange sands of the Mauritanian desert. The master who raped Moulkheir to produce the child wanted to punish his slave. He told her she would work faster without the child on her back.

That is cruelty.

America is living at the Four Seasons compared to a lot of places.

Broaden your horizons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join