It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Pilger Documentary banned in the land of the free (USA) so don't talk about democracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
John Pilger's new film 'The War You Don't See' is released online for the first time. You can watch the film online (worldwide excluding Australia)

'The War You Don't See' premiered at the Barbican in London on Tuesday 7 December 2010 and on British television on Tuesday 14 December 2010. It is also available to buy on DVD in the UK and in Australia.

On 7 June 2011, the Lannan Foundation in the United States banned the film and cancelled a visit by John Pilger without explanation. Read John Pilger's response to Patrick Lannan's subsequent statement about the cancellation.

"Jhon Pilger is a hero and he turned his back on the corrupt main stream media to bring you the real news at a great personal cost and this documentary is so powerfull that the puppet masters in the USA decided to ban the documentary because they think they can decide what you can see and cannot set so just what is this democracy the USA thinks it can spread around the world to people that don't want it.

Jesus most americans are still unable to get any answers to 9/11 and still think they are free when in fact they are nothing more than slaves, debt slaves and they must wake up and take a stand."

Read More

Tony Blair and his treason

"In his latest column for the New Statesman, John Pilger writes about the "paramount war crime" defined by the Nuremberg judges in 1946 and its relevance to the case of Tony Blair, whose shared responsibility for the Iraq invasion resulted in the deaths of more than a million people. New developments in international and domestic political attitudes towards war crimes mean that Blair is now 'Britain's Kissinger'.

Tony Blair must be prosecuted, not indulged like his mentor Peter Mandelson. Both have produced self-serving memoirs for which they have been paid fortunes. Blair’s will appear next month and earn him £4.6 million. Now consider Britain’s Proceeds of Crime Act. Blair conspired in and executed an unprovoked war of aggression against a defenceless country, which the Nuremberg judges in 1946 described as the “paramount war crime”. This has caused, according to scholarly studies, the deaths of more than a million people, a figure that exceeds the Fordham University estimate of deaths in the Rwandan genocide.

In addition, four million Iraqis have been forced to flee their homes and a majority of children have descended into malnutrition and trauma. Cancer rates near the cities of Fallujah, Najaf and Basra (the latter “liberated” by the British) are now revealed as higher than those at Hiroshima. “UK forces used about 1.9 metric tons of depleted uranium ammunition in the Iraq war in 2003,” the Defence Secretary Liam Fox told parliament on 22 July. A range of toxic “anti-personnel” weapons, such as cluster bombs, was employed by British and American forces.

Such carnage was justified with lies that have been repeatedly exposed. On 29 January 2003, Blair told parliament, “We do know of links between al-Qaida and Iraq …”. Last month, the former head of the intelligence service, MI5, Eliza Manningham-Buller, told the Chilcot inquiry, “There is no credible intelligence to suggest that connection … [it was the invasion] that gave Osama bin Laden his Iraqi jihad”. Asked to what extent the invasion exacerbated the threat to Britain from terrorism, she replied, “Substantially”. The bombings in London on 7 July 2005 were a direct "

Read more

John Pilger is no coward and is fighting back, doing his duty

"These days, the stirring lines of Percy Shelley's "Mask of Anarchy" may seem unattainable. I don't think so. Shelley was both a Romantic and political truth-teller. His words resonate now because only one political course is left to those who are disenfranchised and whose ruin is announced on a government spreadsheet.

Born of the "never again" spirit of 1945, social democracy has surrendered to an extreme political cult of money worship. This reached its apogee when £1trn of public money was handed unconditionally to corrupt banks by a Labour government whose leader, Gordon Brown, had previously described "financiers" as the nation's "great example" and his personal "inspiration".

This is not to say parliamentary politics is meaningless. It has one meaning now: the replacement of democracy with a business plan for every human activity, every dream, every decency, every hope, every child born.

The old myths of British rectitude, imperial in origin, provided false comfort while the Blair gang built the foundation of the present "coalition". This is led by a former PR man for an asset stripper and by a bagman who will inherit his knighthood and the tax-shielded fortune of his father, the 17th Baronet of Ballintaylor. David Cameron and George Osborne are essentially fossilised spivs who, in colonial times, would have been sent by their daddies to claim foreign terrain and plunder.

Today, they are claiming 21st-century Britain and imposing their vicious, antique ideology, albeit served as economic snake oil. Their designs have nothing to do with a "deficit crisis". A deficit of 10 per cent is not remotely a crisis. When Britain was officially bankrupt at the end of the Second World War, the government built its greatest public institutions, such as the National Health Service and the arts edifices of London's South Bank......................."

Read More

We are all tired of lies from the media and this man is showing the way and needs all our suport to encorage more of the press to change sides and to start doing the job people exspect them to do.
edit on 17-9-2011 by Master_007 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/9/11 by masqua because: added 'ex' tags for external content

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
USA has been descending to barbarism in all ways.Not long before it collapses.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003

collapses is the best outcome for the USA and it will allow americans to take control back from bent politicains and the zionist corporations who pay them.

The puppets in congress are getting more and more aggressive with the likes of China and Russia and these two alone could wipe the floor with the USA if they had too with Russia having energy and China being able to produce bombs for a tenth of the price that the tax payers are charge in the USA.

Sure the media will bang the drums of war as Russia/China pushes back against a corrupt goverment that is bombing people all over the world but the USA is already spending $2.5bn a day on wars it is starting that eats up over 50% of tax revenue and the joke is that China lends it much of that money to start with.

The puppets in the USA could well resort to trying to nuke China/Russia/NK/Pakistan/... Long list ..... as these parasites in congress hide in nuclear bunkers underground and they will do this without asking the public because they might object to being turned to glass.

Try asking the people in Europe if they want this missile sheild the american tax payers are paying for and you will receive a resounding NO and yet our puppets in Brussels will still allow the sheild to go ahead so that they continue to receive money from zionist bankers

It's quite simple, Money makes the world go around so follow the money.

Given the options i would say a collapses like the sovit union would be the best outcome for the people,

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The only way for a new governing system to be born is for the old system to collapse and die. It won't be pretty or easy, and it will take a lot of work over many years to recover, but recover we will as all societies have done in the past. The collapse is coming, and you should approach it with a level head. Breathe deeply and calmly, and don't let your fears get the best of you. Trust in your adaptability and creativity. We are all in this together. Work together with your neighbors, community and local craftsmen and farmers to rebuild society from the grassroots up. Bartering is about to make a comeback. I predict local currencies will see a revival. Hold on to your sanity; it's going to be an interesting ride.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Here we go, now everyone can watch it even in the USA and AUS

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master_007

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003

collapses is the best outcome for the USA and it will allow americans to take control back from bent politicains and the zionist corporations who pay them.

This is dangerous thinking.

You think that group has enough money and power to rule the world, but a nationwide revolt will affect them?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
How was it banned?

Some foundation or can't ban a thing across a nation. Was the Lannan Foundation just supposed to publish it and then refused to? If so, that sort of thing happens all the time in media. Right now film studios, art studios, game studios are all sitting on finished or unfinished properties they for one reason or another havent published or distributed. Does that mean they are all banned?

I'd agree that such an action could be interpreted as a de facto ban of sorts and depending on the material in question it could be seen as quite conspiratorial but that's all a pretty far cry from congress coming together and banning the material from the nation by force of law.

Also, democracy is notorious for banning things. A true democracy is simply mob rule and the mob loves to rip liberties from people left and right. The mob is the most irrational, bigoted and hateful thing on this planet and democracy just gives them ultimate power to whip negroes, burn homosexuals, beat women and lock all knowledge and experience away from any minority it chooses to.

ETA: I'm looking for the government act which banned the guy and his film. I've found a lot of letters and articles like this: www.greenleft.org.au... which mention his being banned but still no official act banning him.

Good people like Michael Ratner, Jeremy Scahill and Glenn Greenwald are shown as participants in discussion about freedom of speech. I am there, too, but my name is the only one with a line through it and the word, "Cancelled".

Neither David Barsamian nor I have been given a word of explanation. All my messages to Lannan have gone unanswered; my calls are not returned; my flights were cancelled summarily.

Was it a "terror watch list" scheme or something like Cat Stevens and England?

I'll keep looking.

Okay, I'm convinced the guy just had his appearance cancelled and decided to call it a "ban" for whatever reason.
edit on 17-9-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Big thanks to the mod who did the quote tags for me on the post.

Still a bit slow at using the menu and a little lazey so thanks again

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
This is dangerous thinking.

Crossing the road is dangerious and doing nothing is not an option.

The last revolution seem to have stood the USA in good stead for quite some time and they tell us it's needed on Libya plus the tree of libery needs a fresh watering of blood now and then.

Question

Do you realy think you have a democracy when your leaders take you to war and the only thing you get to vote on every 4 years is to vote for the lefthand or the righthand of the puppet master ! Don't be fooled it's one big fix.

thisguyrighthere

They are always trying to ban things not so much from me or you as they know we will search it out but more your sheep glued to the TV screen.

A film about Pricess Di coming out is banned in the UK and Youtube with it's master, Google are banning a whole host of stuff and this is the real danger and Big Bro Google needs putting back in it's box.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this.

I am a huge fan of Pilger's work.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Utopian

Thanks for posting the vids.

Funney but Jhon Pilger was all over the TV screens in the 1970's as one of the top reporters and then his reports started to get played later and later at night untill now where they are not played on TV at all.

I have nothing but respect for this man who's getting old and knows their is more to life than fiat money and mud huts on bits of land that you rent from the goverment and call it your's.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This is the best modern documentary I have seen exposing the Millitary Industrial Complex and the way "things are done".

The information John Pilger and his interviewees provide is vital to anyone wishing to maintain a conscience and a sense of what is real in this barbaric system of things.

Well done. A post like this should be right at the top, but it will not be because most Americans, Israelis and British citizens are in denial about what their leaders do, or they are so asleep and dead in their hearts as to not care.

You have proudly done your bit by posting this for us and I have done my bit by watching the whole of this documentary.

On a personal note; I can hardly carry on living knowing what I know, it is that paralysing now. This world has lost any sense of what is beautiful and compassionate. I pity the future inhabitants of earth because I KNOW that The Creator will act upon the guilty, all Judgement to Him who is The Righteous Judge.

Look out all your workers of iniquity and evil. Your Judge is coming.

edit on 17-9-2011 by Revolution9 because: spelling

edit on 17-9-2011 by Revolution9 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by boeserwolf
The only way for a new governing system to be born is for the old system to collapse and die. It won't be pretty or easy, and it will take a lot of work over many years to recover, but recover we will as all societies have done in the past. The collapse is coming, and you should approach it with a level head. Breathe deeply and calmly, and don't let your fears get the best of you. Trust in your adaptability and creativity. We are all in this together. Work together with your neighbors, community and local craftsmen and farmers to rebuild society from the grassroots up. Bartering is about to make a comeback. I predict local currencies will see a revival. Hold on to your sanity; it's going to be an interesting ride.

Or... It could be better than You imagine... IF We can release electrogravitics from black oops and infuse the system with energy, the need for money will dissipate while the standard of living available to Us will rise and rise. If We have a seed, a set of parameters that is widely circulated, Our society will blossom into a noble and glorious race.

For more on how We can create a better planet WITHOUT collapse, please read My posts at these links:

The End of Entropy - the foundation - read first

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform - the structure

Here's a simple schematic for drawing on the plenum ("dark"/Zero Point/"vacuum"/Radiant/Orgone/...) energy:

The Abundance Paradigm:

media.abovetopsecret.com...

We can succeed, IF We spread the word and call for electrogravitics to come out of black ops.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_007

This was shown on TV in the UK either at the start of the year or last year and has been online for as long, I downloaded it from youtube months ago?

How is this new?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Here is the documentary in Full, ONE part, on youtube

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
What a powerful piece of documentary. Wonder will it actually make any turmoil on american soil. Dont think so....
S&F

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

your headline is over the top sensationalist and misleading. some group in America chooses not to have a showing of the documentary does not mean it is banned in the land of the free.

why would you mislead people like this? it reflects on your name on ATS, your credibility.

"John Pilger Documentary banned in the land of the free (USA) so don't talk about democracy" is the headline. I wonder it will read tomorrow. i chuckle at this.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Our media and reporters are all wusses. They bow to government and corporate threats and support censorship in a country where "freedom of the press" is the public's only defense against government tyranny.

I've always blamed our media for not holding the Bush administration and Tony Blair accountable for their lying accusations about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction and their supposed involvement in 9/11. I can still remember Bush propagating fear and pushing for the war in Iraq by saying "We can not wait for the smoking gun, that may come in the form of a mushroom cloud."

I also hold the media accountable for ignoring the questions surrounding 9/11 and not investigating the official story. Here's another Bush quote that seems to try to steer independent investigations into 9/11. "We must speak the truth about terror. Let us never tolerate outrageous conspiracy theories."

Investigative reporting has been oppressed since the end of the Vietnam War. The public out cry of reporters televising the atrocities in Vietnam caused public protests and pressure on our government to end that war. Since then, our government has kept American reporters at bay to keep their criminal activities out of view from the American public.

We no longer have freedom of the press and government by and for the people.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

The puppets in congress are getting more and more aggressive with the likes of China and Russia and these two alone could wipe the floor with the USA if they had too with Russia having energy and China being able to produce bombs for a tenth of the price that the tax payers are charge in the USA.

Not to mention USA is vastly outnumbered.

USA : 311,800,000
China: 1.34 Billion

There you have it...for every US citizen, you have approx. 4.3 Chineses citizens. Unless of course, the US gets its ally India to throw their belt into the ring...that would even things up a bit.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
at some level, he wanted to be banned, it gives you instant credibility with the conspiracy crowd

clever clever move

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The system must collapse. If for the right reasons it will be for the better.
From the msm to the government to the economy, the whole system is so perverted and selfperpetuating, I think it must be destroyed before it can be changed. The people are without power. But power and motivation is what the people need to initiate fundamental changes. The current system will provide the later, because it creates so many losers and only a very few winners. The former we will have to acquire through revolution.

The people are not free of guilt either. I think it would be a good idea to mandatorily educate them in school about manipulation of public opinion. I will never understand how they are so easily influenced. How anyone could fall for the war propaganda on the iraq war. In this documentary as in others I hear apologies and excuses from the english speaking media for playing devils advocate regarding the iraq war. Yet all around the world, in every #ing capital of any country, from japan to all of the EU, people held protests to make the US public aware how awfully illinformed and wrongfull their aspirations to invade Iraq were. I myself spent much effort to fight back a wall of ignorance in fora. This happened on a scale impossible to overlook. Now the english media claims to have been deluded. I would rather call it deliberate delusion, which in fact is no delusion at all.

I hold a personal grudge against the destruction of Iraq. For me and other foreigners it was a paradise like arabian nights to live in - well before the first golf war. But now it's a total #hole. Thanks a lot.

edit on 18-9-2011 by CriticalCK because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join