It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin Has Not Survived Perihelion

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
A few comments to mention, One is how could these photo's have been taken when ELENIN is obstructred from earth observation til 23rd of september accordign to various websites and nasa etc, so no one could confirm any news of ELENIN break up, The image doesnt look like elenin maybe it was another space object. Also interesting to note is why did nasa only build there tracker model on observations til 1st august yet they updated the tracker they still havent changed the last observation date, surely there is more observations been carried out that will update the accuracy . i have seen plenty of information on elenin and have remote viewed this myself and elenin has an electric charge according to my remote viewing sessions and this does not bode well for any electrical alignment with sun earth and elenin, we might just see some affects here on earth we might not but there is something there and there are millions of coincidences about this and lots of disinformation, but there are so many nut jobs jumping on the bandwagon and it discredits the rest of the information. To ignore it all is very naive if nothing happens and you have made some preperations or precautions then no halm done but if something does happen and you have not even thought about the possibility it will be too late, snooze you loose, Its sad that the human mind seems to be so closed to something that is infact inevitable relating to a world wide disaster resulting from space. we are not indestructable and we see the power mother nature has on earth , well this is nothing compared to the power of teh universe, respect it and maybe it might save your life

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

As I've stated in numerous threads, it's not just the dimming that indicates it has broken up. You also can see an elongation in the nucleus. Then there's the fact that astronomers like Robert McNaught and Leonid Elenin have done recent observations to determine the make-up of Elenin's coma and they are no longer finding water vapor. That is a clear indicator that Elenin has broken up.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I have a definite explanation for what happened.

The govt launched a giant disk into space on the 14th of September with black anti-reflective paint to mask the comet. Proof if this launch can be found here it was launched from area 51 in Nevada and covered it up.

This guy was paid by TPTB to put a screen on his telescope slowly dimming the comet until the 14th when they launched this disk. Then when he gives the last image of it not being there and people go to look they will agree with his findings.

There definite proof

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by ZIPMATT

As I've stated in numerous threads, it's not just the dimming that indicates it has broken up. You also can see an elongation in the nucleus.

i dont know how you can see that > its an unknown known coming from yourself . its an object/asteroid acc to nasa . i will however agree if you can show where the nucleus is, even elongated. and i will look myself.
acc with mattiazzo the tail we do see is an 'ion stream' . would that be charged ions? this is where i defer to knowledge other than what i can see in front of my face. is there an estimate on how long that tail is ?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Out of curiosity, what about this particular comet made some of you think it was something other than a comet?

I just don't get where the wild ideas are forming from. It looks like a comet, acts like a comet... is there something special about this thing that made some of you jump off the normal astrological object bandwagon?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

It has now not visible from his view point

this is where i stopped reading.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Its gone because both motherships and nibiru are now blocking it from view.

sl

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Keep digging that hole nice and deep brother...

IRM

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMav
i wish people would concentrate on constructive theories like 9/11 rather than hideousy like a comet passing or some crap about 2012; made up by people who sacrificed people to feed their serpent god! i really dont think were that important
edit on 17-9-2011 by BlueMav because: (no reason given)

Right because that fairy tale is so much more worthy of everyones attention. Free Will Blue. We have it and you have it. There's a thread on here somewhere that addresses your personal tastes so just go there and play.

This comet was real. The science behind it was real and understandable and irrefutable. 911 ? Unless your're going with the terrorists then your story is made up.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulofsirius
well what about all of the people who come forward and are killed off like phil shnieder......you are correct as not every amatuer astronemour is working for the powers that be is not trying to hide things.....but if tptb dont want something getting out theyll make sure of that........dont you think its wierd too how much official people are pushing thats its gone and nothings going to happen....i fell like if that were the truth they just wouldnt care what people say about it and move on

The media never gave this comet more attention then it meritted. It was just a comet. Interesting but not ground breaking. The hoopla surrounding Elenin was created on the internet on sites just like this one. The reporting of its break up is also not being made a big thing. It is mentioned for people who were interested in the comet. Comets are not a yearly thing. They are pretty rare as occurrances go. Of course there is going to be reporting on it and on its break up if that happens. That does not make the comet a dooms day event and it never did.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Oh well it was fun

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
To all the Elenin Debunkers and Sceptics, may I ask, how exactly did this 4 km diameter Comet just "break up" in deep space?

I'm guessing it felt the need to "self-destruct"?

Hundreds of Comets pass close to the Sun every year without "melting".

For example, Comet Encke (4.8km in diameter) is slightly bigger than Comet Elenin (4 km in diameter) and it gets much closer to the sun during its perihelion - 0.3302 AU. It hasn't "melted" or "self destructed" since its discovery date in 1786.

So naturally, it begs the question: Why did Comet Elenin have to be the exception?

Its surface area is MASSIVE the fact it is 4 km in diameter, and it was only 0.482 AU from the Sun - a large enough distance to escape the threat of "melting".

Until these scientists can give me a reasonable explanation, Comet Elenin is still relevant and kicking in my books.
edit on 17-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

Not ALL comets that fly close to the sun get hit with flares/CMEs.

This one did.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Damn I knew I should have predicted this 6 months ago. Nice find sorry doomers.

ALS

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
greetings.

i discovered this site recently while engaged in my ongoing Elenin research.
i like it here. There appears to be a nice balance of viewpoints discussing unpopular subjects.

i got a few things to add to this discussion on Elenin's "disintegration".

some facts on Elenin that i've gathered (some with links, others need to be googled)

out of 171 know long duration comets (orbits > 1k years), Elenin is the ONLY one in the plane of the ecliptic (1.8 deg).

12k year orbit.
anywhere between 4km and 100km in diameter. depends on how you apply the empirical formula that relates magnitude (brightness) to size. In fact we can only confidently measure the coma: last recorded at 88,000km?

ran into a solar flare: holy cow!

as far as i can tell either two things happened: the flare simply blew out the coma (as mentioned in one NASA blurb) or the comet had a massive off gassing (seen as a momentary brightening of the coma after CME impact) that caused the comet to break up into smaller chunks.

if the first is true (and given that our radio telescopes saw very little water in the comet's signature) then Elenin is a iron-ish ball (heavy and dense) and it will be very hard to see. If it has more volitiles still on/in it (hydrocarbons, hydrogen sulfide, etc) then it's coma should re-expand as it passes thru perihelion and we'll see it in STEREO come 9/23 ish. This is the best scenario i think.

if the second is true, then the comet broke up into smaller chunks. An at least 4km hill breaking up into a buncha very large mounds of...? who knows: iron? heavy metals? no ice, anyway. We know this happens cuz we've already seen it: in 1999 LINEAR (estimated .9 km) had a break up event near the sun (not in the plane of the ecliptic FYI) en.wikipedia.org... . So...Elenin breaks up into a buncha smaller pieces undergoing random accelerations just before perihelion...which means that the likely hood of large chunks leaving the predicted orbit goes way up. This is not the best scenario i think.

wait and see. you can be sure i'll have a telescope pointed at Venus next week.

oh and comet Honda (magnitude 5: naked eye visible) will be in the same part of the sky then also.
Then Oct 7 we should see a Draconid meteor storm (predicted to be extra active this year).
And finally on Nov 8 we will see asteroid yu55 pass between us and the moon! ummm aren't there satellites up there?

and don't forget to be watching for the 8 ton weather sat that will be reentering over N America in the next coupla weeks.

whew.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulofsirius
so you think that allllllllll those things are just coincidence? it is clear that there is a dumb under denver airport i assure you.....also......what do you think of the earthquakes.....every 188 days.......this is the 4th time that has happened

Where's your documentaton on that please.
second though really is this necessary?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
reply to post by Illustronic

Just a point...I take it that the telescope he used to get the pics would be expensive and state of the art, modern? yea....So why does he use a camera a 300D that is 8 years old, has a sensor that is rated at next to useless nowadays and in todays pixel count is no more than a baby?

, so why use an old eos 300d?

respects

You keep asking that like it actually makes a difference, I believe the correct answer is why not?
Who cares if it works, I use a 20D it's old, so what? Megapixels are overrated anyway. They shouldn't even come into to the picture(pun intended) in astro cameras.
Who knows the guy may have modded the camera, no point getting a new one and doing the mod all over.
edit on 17-9-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

To all the Elenin Debunkers and Sceptics, may I ask, how exactly did this 4 km diameter Comet just "break up" in deep space?

I'm guessing it felt the need to "self-destruct"?

Hundreds of Comets pass close to the Sun every year without "melting".

For example, Comet Encke (4.8km in diameter) is slightly bigger than Comet Elenin (4 km in diameter) and it gets much closer to the sun during its perihelion - 0.3302 AU. It hasn't "melted" or "self destructed" since its discovery date in 1786.

So naturally, it begs the question: Why did Comet Elenin have to be the exception?

Its surface area is MASSIVE the fact it is 4 km in diameter, and it was only 0.482 AU from the Sun - a large enough distance to escape the threat of "melting".

Until these scientists can give me a reasonable explanation, Comet Elenin is still relevant and kicking in my books.
edit on 17-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

Maybe because comets break up all the time in space, it just happens, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Why is it every time we have a comet passing by earth we always have these doomers and suicidal people coming out of the works. If Nibiru were as close as a year and as massive or greater then Jupiter we would have spotted it by now with out our government by far!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josonic

reply to post by Josonic

Did I say I was a doomsayer? Or did you just assume that I was?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Did I say you said you were a doomsayer, did I say you were a doomsayer, or were you just assuming?

Sounds like you got a guilty conscience to me.

Yeah actually, you did... you may not have said it so obviously, but you for sure pointed a finger.
Casius has only stated logical questions, and its true, the source in the OP SUCKS!
I could make a better site than that in a few min, post some info, and get it to the ATS front page in heartbeat...
So whos really denying anything here?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Interesting. I remember seeing you post about this earlier.

I have a technical question for you if you don't mind Chad.

I am not aware of the specifics on this information, and I am curious if the disintegrated comet can potentially leave a trail of debris that Earth may/may not pass through? Are the trajectory paths off by a large enough margin to prevent this from occurring?

I admit I have not followed the Elenin thing very closely, for obvious reasons.

I am just curious if we could have a very light meteor shower as a result of this in the near future. In a way I would sort of hope so, because it would be excellent if I could recover an Elenin meteorite and sell it on the market for a large sum of $$$. This would be a great way to earn a paycheck.

However if you believe there is no real chances of this due to the information you have reviewed than I will take your word for it because I believe this could take a lot of time to determine especially considering I am so far behind on this whole issue.

Thanks for listening Chad.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join