It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin Has Not Survived Perihelion

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
my take on it is the same as - thanks space changer for the advice, well word on the street is that all is not over - does anyone here remember the original movie jaws, when we all gave a sigh of relief the shark was caught - but in reality he was still out there, well this is similar and its known beleive it or not as the mstken id syndrome, thats mistaken in long form, we are all mistaken for what we think we now know we cannot see if u follow, as it is in essence a gas type of comet, so dont give up just yet, not that one is waiting for nasa or course, but remember its a gas type of comet, that simply put will re ignite, just like a gas cooker, if your not too sure google the society below for a looksee .. F.A.R.T..

thanks for listneing..

and hall a luu lee ar.. the doom and gloom scenario can really be finishined with so lets move onto christmas hey .. and a happy new year ..

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by soulofsirius

Russia building the bunkers is called being prepared. We still live in a world with nuclear weapons. Obama is not going underground on the 27th, he is going the Denver. However, the so-called alignments occurs at 10 PM September 26 in Denver, at which time Obama will be in Southern California. The claim about Elenin being under intelligent control was an April Fool's joke. And what people saw in the Southwest was a fireball, not a UFO. Fireball's occur with a frequency of about one a week, occasionally you'll get larger ones.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

NASA is not saying that elenin has not survived.

All the pictures you have posted proves that all of most of the ice has indeed melted off of whatever elenin is. It's my opinion that elenin is still there but is not made up of ice, or not a true comet. We will see it as it gets closer.

In your attempt to debunk elenin, this thread has given more ammo for the elenin is not a comet crowd. A comet is a ball of ice, if this object has indeed already melted off the ice that covered it, what remains is not a comet.
edit on 17-9-2011 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
so you think that allllllllll those things are just coincidence? it is clear that there is a dumb under denver airport i assure you.....also......what do you think of the earthquakes.....every 188 days.......this is the 4th time that has happened

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Wait, there's something I just realized. Elenin was supposed to have a huge tail of debris following it, right? Now that Elenin has supposedly "evaporated into nothingness," what happens to that debris? Does it keep following the original orbit, does it plummet into the sun, or does it scatter around randomly?
edit on 9/17/2011 by SonicInfinity because: Spelling fix

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by minkykeka

Elenin is compared to the movie Jaws?...where the preview for the fourth Jaws said: "This time...it's personal!"....but
because sharks are people too.

Word on the street is that there are sharks still wanting revenge for not getting any $$ for the movies.

edit on 17-9-2011 by Demoncreeper because: REALLY big fingers, really small keys.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by soulofsirius

What coincidence? You have a country being prepared. Obama being in an earthquake prone area when the "alignment" occurs. An April Fool's joke. And a common occurrence. I'm not seeing how these tie in to Elenin. As for the earthquake thing, I'm not familiar with that so I'll have to look into it. I will ask though, why would Elenin cause an earthquake every 188 days?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
elenin....nibiru....whatever you want to call it.....aligned with the sun and the earth when the chile earthquake happened......when the christchurch earthquake happened.......and when the japan earthquake earthquake happened.......all of those are in an exact span of 188 days.......now you go 188 days later and theres an earthquake in new zealand at a 7.3 magnitude.....sure its not a 9.0 like japan.....and you would assume as it gets closer it increases in magnitude right? well it does....but the reason why this most recent on wasnt worse was because mercury was in the alignment also..... once mercury moves out of the way....i figure around september 27th or so....it will be much bigger

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hmmm, I wonder what Richard Hoagland has to say about this? A little while ago, I was after him on Facebook for any evidence at all to support his claims that Elenin is a spaceship, to which he replied that I would have to pay money to go to his conference in Leeds to find out of course. I think I'll reactivate my FB account just to hear his thoughts on this. I'm sure it will cost me money to hear, however.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
see now that is the kind of stuff that makes conspiracy people look like con artists haha

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well im not taking the word of Michael Mattiazzo, i still believe there is more to Elenin.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
One Upon a Time There Was a lil Comet called Elenin
As it approached the Sun two CME's happened to be ejected in it's direction which caused it to break up and melt

THE END

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
My sources, I can not divulge, are telling me that Elenin is still there but has morphed into a brown dwarf star and is speeding up beyond imagination. I predict doom next week. Mark my words ATS...mark my words.

Anyways thanks for the post OP. I was hoping for a bit of a show of some sort, I guess i'll just have to live with it. Isn't space such an intriguing thing?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Looks like a star fart that vanished in the space wind

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CapnSnazz

Hoagland, zat you?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It may be premature to write off Elenin entirely, though it's certainly now a very faint, inconsequential object.

A very good (IMO) assessment here:

There’s sure been a lot of excited talk about the disintegration and disappearance of Comet Elenin this week, but we must be careful not to jump to conclusions based on only a small amount of evidence. I don’t think there’s any doubt that the small, several kilometer-wide comet body itself has broken into pieces, which are now vaporizing into a cloud of dust and gas. That began around the 19th of August when Comet Elenin started to fade and its coma became much more diffuse. The breakup was caused by heat and gravitational stresses from the sun in advance of its closest approach to the sun on September 10th. This behavior is not unusual and has been observed in other comets in the past. It demonstrates to us again that comets are not dense, rock-hard bodies like many of the asteroids. Being composed of ices and dust, they’re subject to break up and dissolution from the sun.

~ ~ ~

So is the comet there or gone? I’m sure that the dust cloud is still there but faint and difficult to photograph because of low altitude and evening twilight. A larger telescope and better conditions would undoubtedly show it. Indeed the comet may be 11th magnitude and just below the limit for Mattiazzo’s scope. Because it will get even closer to the sun from our perspective in the coming days, it may well be impossible to photograph again until it swings into the dark morning sky in mid-October.

astrobob.areavoices.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The contrast gets brighter as the days go on. I wonder if that was done on purpose to block out elenin. COMPARE THE CONTRAST

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulofsirius
see now that is the kind of stuff that makes conspiracy people look like con artists haha

Couldn't agree more. All of the crazy Elenin theories and utter bull posted make the believers and doomtards look like absolute morons. Only an out-and-out moron would still scream 'WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE' when faced with overwhelming evidence to the contrary, yes?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
chadwickus you didnt pull up the brightest of the pictures for the op.

if the cme was what lit it up so brightly , and the cme is now passed on , it doesnt necessarily mean the object has disintegrated. from the source i found no evidence of disintegration from mattiazo other than interpretation of it suddenly lighting up and fading again by his photographic observation.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

Whose word will you take? Terral Croft's? 9Narnia's? Richard Hoagland's? It's people like Mattiazzo that have observed Elenin since the beginning and made the observations for the orbit diagram. That's one of the things that annoys me the most about this whole thing. The hypocrisy. How many times have we seen NASA reports be used as evidence for a brown dwarf only to be told by the same person NASA can't be trusted? Now the people that have posted images from the JPL orbit diagram as proof of "alignments" are claiming the very people who made the observations that made the orbit diagram possible are not credible sources. It just gets more and more ridiculous and yet I manage to be surprised every time.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join