It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin Has Not Survived Perihelion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Elenin was from the Oort Cloud. And just like two other comets from the Oort Cloud, Ikeya-Seki, which had a shorter orbital period than Elenin, and West, which had a longer orbital period than Elenin, it disintegrated.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

That´s the funniest thing I read all day!!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Aurvandil

and then WHAM!!!
its a keeper lol

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Not so sure this comet has melted, but say it is made of mostly ice and actually has, where would the "water" go? It would continue on the same trajectory of course, and when it hits colder space again it will freeze solid again. That is no mystery.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
You see, this is exactly why governments keep secrets from us. I don't agree with it, but I do understand it. Firstly, there's the simple truth that whatever you tell your public, you tell the world, including all your enemies, so it's probably best to keep secret from the public everything you don't want your enemies to know. Anyone who thinks our governments tell us everything that's really going on doesn't understand politics.

Imagine if Elenin never existed, if it was a complete fiction, a test to see whether or not the public was ready. Ready for disclosure about aliens, what's going on in the space around us, of how often our world is in peril, of how close we may have come from real danger, feeling confident that we could be told without freaking out and forming a mob.

If it was a test, if the explanation for all the inconsistencies was that it was a simulation, then surely we failed. Every time there's a little whisper on some blog or news site you've never heard of before, saying they've heard from a very reliable source that has happened, shows a blurry photo of some stars with a big arrow on it, and there's yet another thread where the same people believe every word as Gospel, the same people who throw any debunk they can at the problem to make it go away, the same polar sides refusing to step away from the opinion they'd already formed at the start and haven't questioned since.

Elenin might be anything. Things from the far reaches of space, where we're never been and have only ever peered at through machines and made speculations based on the results, we can't say what they are. Anything is possible, we learn new things and see new things all the time. The problems always come when somebody declares something to be absolutely true. We've believed some crazy things to be true over the centuries, and we've never been right yet, do you really think we've catalogued and understand everything that's out there?

It could be anything, it could be nothing. It could be very good for us, it could be very bad for us, it might not be anything to us at all. We may never know what it really is or was, and our governments may or may not know, they may or may not be lying to us.

We need to observe, to analyse critically everything we see or hear, don't panic and foam at the mouth, don't close your eyes and recite a mantra, don't pretend you don't know deep down that "what we know to be true" and "what we tell the public" are 2 very different things.

If we can all do that, maybe we can pass the test

edit on 17-9-2011 by TheIrvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Can we get some credible confirmation here?

I'm so sick of the fear mongering that goes on about this comet that I'd love to show people this stuff.

To those Elenin scaremongers: What would you do if the comet was really going to hit this planet?

Not a damn thing

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
You forgot to "PROOF" or "ABSOLUTE PROOF" to your title. I am glad that maybe just maybe there will be no more doom and gloom threads with proof that Elenin is a spaceship or going to wipe us out. Good woork!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

On August 19, a massive solar flare and coronal mass ejection hit the comet, which may have been the beginning of the end for the much ballyhooed lump of ice and dirt.

The mighty sun took care of business for us.

“We’ve been following it in the STEREO spacecraft images and a number of amateurs have been following it in their telescopes,” said Australian amateur astronomer Ian Musgrave, author of the Astroblog website. “Shortly after the coronal mass ejection the comet flared up and you could see some beautiful details in the tail, with the tail was twisting about in the solar wind. But shortly after that Earth- bound amateurs reported a huge decrease in the intensity of the comet. We think it may presage a falling apart of the comet.”

www.universetoday.com...

Seem's like we alrite

Nice thread S&F.

The Sun must have figured out what it's evil dark twin was up to and decided to take matters in it own hands. I have it from very high level sources that the Sun contacted the UN and let us know it was going to "Take out" El. It (the Sun) reportedly told the UN Security Council "I never really liked Elenin". All UFO's with Elenin were likewise destroyed.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This thread makes me want to read Rendezvous With Rama

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
So basically, the mega disaster, the 3 days of darkness from the 26th September - are not going to happen?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
Not so sure this comet has melted, but say it is made of mostly ice and actually has, where would the "water" go? It would continue on the same trajectory of course, and when it hits colder space again it will freeze solid again. That is no mystery.

There is no chance of it melting into water droplets . The temperature of outer space is approx -273 Kelvin and water freezes at +273 Kelvin www.funtrivia.com... Its most likely split up into small fragments that have moved away from each other instead of being in a tight cluster.Therefore it seems like its disappearing when its in fact dispersing.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Wow. Can you say owned?

Good thread otherwise, OP! I learn something new everyday.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Elenin has FINISHED it's work. It flashed the red cross or it's wings and tail for everyone long enough. And so IT begins. What begins you may ask? All the HYPE and DISINFORMATION goes out the window now.
First the code has been broken on what E-L-E-N-I-N stands for. The word EL is the name for Jehovah GOD.
Second the word nine spelled backwards is code to help you understand that the comet is ushering in the ninth plague of Epypt (Exodus 10:21 22, 23). The THREE DAYS Of DARKNESS are next.
The Dark shadow that is directing the light diode called Elenin is NEMESIS the brown dwarf. TPTB know this and are preparing as best they can to ride it out. It's too bad they didn't believe what Nostradamus had to say about the time frame of the bearded comet (Elenin). His prophesy stated that there would be fire in the sky at 45 degrees which places it directly over the Americas, and the Yellowstone caldera (to be exact). Old Rene also stated that KING OF TERROR would arrive. Most people still mistakenly think he is refering to the AC but, it is really Jehova GOD (Job). In either case we need to be PRAYED UP, LOOKING UP, cause darkness that can be felt is coming down.

link   
Just being devils advocate here. The backgrounds on the pictures do not match, so the photos could be from any point in the sky.

link   
In our distant past, our ancestors used to erect monuments, monoliths and altars to study and pay due respect to heavenly bodies and events. Special events or phenomena was met with either celebrations, or more often panic, sacrifices, and praying, hoping that the "Gods" did not destroy us.

It's ironic that much of mankind hasn't changed. It amazes me that someone like Applewhite can get people to kill themselves because of a comet. And here we go again.. another comet, and another round of people freaking out, even though there was absolutely nothing to suggest it was anything but your standard old comet flying through our solar system.

And as it breaks up, people try to come up with alternate stories to keep their odd hopes that it wasn't something mundane alive. Sorry folks.. it was a comet, and they DO sometimes break up. It doesn't just "melt." The suns gravity also has a large part to play with it. Solar winds, gravity and flares can all make short work of a ball of dirt and ice. It has happened before, this was hardly an "exception." I don't know why some posters don't bother to do a modicum of research before making such ridiculous comments.

Oh well.. we'll see this again, every time another comet makes its way through our system. To some, it will always be something sinister, top secret, or a harbinger of doom. I personally feel as someone who enjoys astronomy, that it being "just a comet" is amazing enough. There is no need to invent fantastic tales to make it more than it was.
edit on 17-9-2011 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Or...... Comet Elenin simply exhausted what was left of the material that made it's tail and is now an asteroid, black and cold, zipping it's way towards Earth to an impact point off the Russian-Alaskan coast where there is a big red "X" that marks the spot.

edit on 17-9-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by icecold7
im sure im just an idiot

edit on 17-9-2011 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
To all the fear mongers who shamefully tried to con people into thinking that the end of the world is nigh I would like to add

edit on 17-9-2011 by Kreeger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thank you for the information, though to state that all the other posts were wrong I think is a little premature and ignorant but that is just my opinion.

I actually believe Elenin will be a none event, for my own reason, the main one being, if the s*it was going to hit the fan due to a comet we the sheep will never know about it until it happens. That aside I do have some issues with your source.

First of all you only provide 1 source in your OP and then go to deliver this information as fact.
I would like to see some other sources regarding this claim other than Michael Mattiazzo, a quick search and for some reason not only on google but also here on ATS we seem to be seeing what he says as fact.

I see other amateurs stating otherwise, for example:

I am just going to use one source like yourself.

He also has another video from the 7th with breaking news that the comet has not broken up.

Now I am not saying your source or my source is correct, but what I am trying to say, to presume one source to be fact without any other sources or references is just dam silly, and then to make a post that seems to deliver this information as fact is just wrong.

If you had your own telescope and were sharing this information for your own observations that would be a different story, but I am guessing you don’t, like myself.

So bottom line can you provide me with some more sources to your claim?

A star for you for bringing this information to my attention.

Thanks.

edit on 17/9/2011 by TheDon because: fix link hopefully

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BroketheWall
...Last time I checked no one knows everything...

Allow me to introduce myself...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join