It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

55 Year Old Sets Himself on Fire Because of Debt

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Empathy is what helps us be humans. You should try it out sometime, think to yourself....lets see this man committed self Immolation with gasoline. I wonder if maybe for him the problem were worse than this...I guess they were or he would not have DONE IT!

The monetary system is evil. :shk:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
If you are going to end your life, why do it in a fashion in which causes you to endure MORE HELL than you already went through???

This is another good reason to own a firearm... better to end it all in a PAINLESS split second with a bullet to the head rather than to set yourself on fire.

Reason number 1,434,255 to own a firearm.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Sorry but I cannot respect a person that doesn't respect them-self.

some people can't get through the darkness.

have you faced it yet? its not pretty when it comes for you.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbread

a man that lived 2 blocks away from me blew his house up with him inside a little while back. he took his pets to the vet so they were safe and then stockpiled gasoline and kerosene. all because he was in debt and getting foreclosed

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Se7enex

Suicide has nothing to do with self-respect. Did the monk burn himself because of self-respect issues?

I've attempted suicide before and let me tell you, it takes true courage to do something like that.

reply to post by macman

Not having money complicates everything. If you don't have money you are pretty much valued as worthless in this society. People don't commit suicide out of stupidity, they do it out of hopelessness.
edit on 17-9-2011 by Se7enex because: Additional Stuff

No it takes true courage to face and deal with your problems in life. Sometimes life is good sometimes it's bad, it's called living. I am sorry to hear you had that dark of a moment in life to attempt that. Everyone has their own demons I get that and different people deal with it in different ways I get that as well. But over money??? Seems a trivial thing to kill yourself over. Loss of a child, loved one, things such as that I could understand people going into a dark place. But this is destruction by materialism at it's finest. I myself am far from rich, I have been delt some pretty lousy hands in life as well, but I suppose I have my kids and family so it keeps me in check and keeps those kind of things far far from my mind.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Well on the off chance this is the only life I get, I sure as hell am not gonna check out early. If anything I will be the one trying to buy extra time at the end. But I have always been stubborn like that.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerozero00

Maybe the images are deceiving, but in the 1st image the fuel bottle looks half empty as he pours it over himself, but the next image shows the bottle looking rather full

You know what?? I went back and had a peek and YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!! Hopefully this wasn't just some sort of dis-information to play with our minds.......

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerozero00

Maybe the images are deceiving, but in the 1st image the fuel bottle looks half empty as he pours it over himself, but the next image shows the bottle looking rather full

Also:
He appears to have six toes on his left leg in the 1st picture.
What is the cause of the very dark spot on his chest here? The fuel?
His t-shirt is saturated in the first shot so it is reasonable to
assume that his pants would also be wet with fuel, yet there
is no sign of any flames near his pants.
Strange and awkward to not leave the cannister down before striking the match.
(at least it looks like a box of matches he uses to ignite himself).
Reflections of the flames should be seen on the bull-horn surface.
The belt seems to be connected to the bull-horn in a different position comparing picture 2 and 3.
The buckle should not be visible in picture2, judging by it's position in picture3.
The cone shadow doesn't look right in picture4.
The policemen are very nonchalant about helping the victim and the shadows don't
look quite right in the last picture.

I would not put it past these publications to create dramas like this with cgi, just for the story.
The victim looks very much like sadaam hussein in the last picture.

Anyone else see any potential anomalies?
edit on 17-9-2011 by pshea38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Coming soon to a city near you, and i am not kidding about this,i feel sorry for him, thankfully they came in just in time to stop from killing himself.

such a sad story

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeleneLux

Empathy is what helps us be humans. You should try it out sometime, think to yourself....lets see this man committed self Immolation with gasoline. I wonder if maybe for him the problem were worse than this...I guess they were or he would not have DONE IT!

The monetary system is evil. :shk:

Sorry anyone who sets themselves on fire is well beyond my expertise. Now had he approached me or been a friend of mine, perhaps I could have been some help to him to prevent his actions. Just because I am calling him an idiot for taking life and trying to waste it because of something trivial as money doesn't mean I am without caring. It means that I personally cannot stand people who would kill themselves when countless others that never had a choice got dealt the crappy hand of an early death. In my world it takes a true coward to take the easy way out of this world by killing themselves. Your feelings are different as are others no need to pretty much call me a heartless person because of my view on it. I'd jump in front of a bullet for a stranger if I could jump, but no way am I gonna respect someone who doesn't value their own life.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
wow he shouldnt have done that ...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Like I've said before maybe he had more reasons than JUST money and felt like sending a message.

SPOILER ALERT: Not everybody is selfish and greedy.
edit on 18-9-2011 by Se7enex because: Additional

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Not everybody is selfish and greedy.

Yes they are. Just to different degrees!

But not everyone is real!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Like I've said before maybe he had more reasons than JUST money and felt like sending a message.

SPOILER ALERT: Not everybody is selfish and greedy
The question is more: why do people do selfish and greedy things without having a selfish and greedy intent?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Disillusionment?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

You sound awfully dramatic. In the state I live in,if you dont pay your debt,guess what happens to you. Nothing.

It may be worse for greeks but in the part of America I live in,nothing is done to you for not paying your debt,unless it is child support debt than you will be put in jail for 6 months or until its paid.

Why is the national debt so high and such an issue? because noone pays their share of debt. So in america ,dont pay your debt,your not the first or the second. In greece,you may get killed because of it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join