It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

55 Year Old Sets Himself on Fire Because of Debt

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
If the the too big to fail banks do fail... Everyone would have no money because the momentary system would collapse... which might be great if your irresponsible and have massive amounts of debt. However, horrible if you thoughtfully were saving for or retirement or rainy day.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
He should have set the bank on fire not himself.

Yes logic would didtate that !

It was a guy that set himself on fire that started the revoloutions in the middle east, or so they tell us but it just took MOSSAD handing out guns and money in Libya to solve that problom.

I like the sweet smell of revolution in the morning don't you.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I find it hard to understand why when people have nothing left to lose, they go and punish themselves. Surely, this is the time to take it up with the bank, not with god!

yeah, and second all the posters who say "Don't pay it"

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
If only the nutlets in D.C. would follow suit.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
very sad. I have had some dark days, but they always pass. wish he would have had someone to talk to or get help from

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This is absolutely stupid. I have no tolerance for people that value their life like this, just another weak spirited individual. Think of all the people who died because of circumstances out of their control then look at this idiot. It's called no respect for the life you have been givin. There is just no excuse for it, I suppose it's natures way of culling the weak though.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

your opinion makes me want to kill myself

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Sorry but I cannot respect a person that doesn't respect them-self.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
2 American Veterans set themselves on fire in 2010 and both died.

One was in India, the other Ohio. The guy in India was fairly old, mad at America and something about losing his income. The kid in Ohio burned himself up because there are no jobs.

Clearly this Greek man needs some training on how to burn yourself to death. We're leading the world on per capita deaths from burning yourself to death with fire.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbread

Instead of setting himself on fire, why not reflect on life, realize that the loans he took where his decision and work to repay the debt.

Or, just file bankruptcy and let everyone else pay his debt.

Stupid comes to mind.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Suicide has nothing to do with self-respect. Did the monk burn himself because of self-respect issues?

I've attempted suicide before and let me tell you, it takes true courage to do something like that.

reply to post by macman

Not having money complicates everything. If you don't have money you are pretty much valued as worthless in this society. People don't commit suicide out of stupidity, they do it out of hopelessness.
edit on 17-9-2011 by Se7enex because: Additional Stuff

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6
Honestly just don't pay your debts(thats my Aunt's solution anyway) .

Yep, beats the hell out of setting yourself on fire. It's only money. The guy is simply a kook. 'Nuf said.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Origin

Ah, so you know his personal life and all of the reasons behind the act to assume hes a "kook"?

edit on 17-9-2011 by Se7enex because: huh

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

Stop equating money to hope and no money to hopelessness.

It is an excuse either way.

He took the loans. Now pay the consequences of his actions.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
*snort* While this might...and I mean barely might change the world, hopelessness is useless.

What I often see in cases where we wind up doing charity work is that there is some horrible life choices going on for a lot of these folks. If you have a big screen TV, sell the tv and feed your kids. There's no point in having a cable bill when your family runs the risk of having the electricity being shut off. It's not just the money, but the desire of things that you don't honestly need OVER things that are required to sustain life. I don't know what this man was so unwilling to give up that could have made life so intolerable, or even if he was to the point where he gave up everything or not, but it frustrates me when people give up what they do still have over what they can't afford.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Suicide is definitely not a good thing and it is sad, especially when money is the cause of it. Maybe,just maybe he couldn't afford to feed his family. Maybe he already sold his big TV. Maybe.

reply to post by macman

Like I said before maybe he had more reasons to do that besides the fact that he was broke.
edit on 17-9-2011 by Se7enex because: Reply

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6
Honestly just don't pay your debts(thats my Aunt's solution anyway) .

lol sounds like your aunt and I have something in common. Everytime a debt collector calls me I scream very hateful things in the tele and hang up

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

So setting himself on fire will provide him the means to feed his family?

I guess if they were cannibals.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

That's the silliest rebuttal I've ver seen!

Truth is we don't know and probably never will all the reasons he did it. All we are doing is making assumptions.
edit on 17-9-2011 by Se7enex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
His third time?

Why is he not in a mental institution?

How is he allowed to buy petrol still? lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join