It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 52 - The DC Reboot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Anyone been reading these titles? I have and so far I've really enjoyed them. I have to be honest and say upfront that I'm pretty much a Marvel "zombie". I enjoy DC, but their characters don't really grab me, except for Green Lantern. I've been a GL fan my whole life.

That being said, I have to say that the reboot is really good. It's new but it still has hints of the familiar. I like how there is a lot that was changed, but a lot that stayed the same. I don't want to say too much if you haven't read it yet.

I do have one question tho, for those that have been reading...Have you noticed the girl with the hood that keeps randomly showing up in each issue? She's in about 1 or 2 panels in each of the new books. I think it's the same person that was talking to Barry at the end of Flashpoint. Any ideas who it may be? The only person I could think of would be a new Harbinger.

Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
is this a new 52? Or the older ones? 52, then a year later?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter.be

DC rebooted their entire universe. There are 52 new #1's. So, basically, all of their titles are starting over.

New 52 - The DC Universe Reboot

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Hey man, great thread! I havent checked out any yet but I wanted to check out Batwing, Justice League, Detective, JLI, Batgirl and Swamp Thing. I've always been more of a Marvel Zombie as well. Listen there is nothing better than walking into a comic store and inhaling the scent of fresh comic haha.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Oh yeah, I see you're a fan of good ol Early Cuyler so this ones for you...

"God is gooder than hell!"
-Early Cuyler

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I am planning to pick some up soon. I've heard mixed reviews. I wish they had launched the #1's together with a new animated series, so that it could follow the storylines of the comics like anime does for manga. I don't think it would really need filler, since it could just switch to a different character and storyline.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
wf???? What about the old issues... are they all stopping? Al the heroes young, again?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter.be

some stuff stayed, some stuff is new. it all happened because of what happened in Flashpoint. it sounds terrible, but it's actually really good.

you should check them out, if you have a means to.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
...Hey the Drifter (sic) ...is now in the mainstream DC universe... How can that be a BAD thing...?!!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
actually yes I have been reading them... so far it has been a hit or miss... I did not like the series but... the swamp thing one sold out quickly where I shop...

I liked the red lantern one....

and green lantern was ok... Jordan ringless and oans being 1984ish it seems...

as for grifter it was ok but seemed to be lost...

JLA was the same way.... batman, ryner (GL), and a younger supes.... first meeting..

OMAC- waiting to read.....

jl i - also waiting to read

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
i have been reading the new green lantern/ red lantern comics well the number one's anyways as that is all that is out. So far so good im really excited to see how they use Guy Gardner this time around im hoping for a larger role as he is my all time fave Green Lantern.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

he also did my favorite comic.... him and lobo trying to get the yellow ring.... and gardner ends up facing the original owner of it and winning against him

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Doesn't it have to do with the Superman rights?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
It's really gross how they are trying to sex up everything, I mean kids read this stuff regardless of any rating that might be on its cover. A lot of kids know and enjoyed Starfire as the culturally clueless teen from the cartoon show and in the new 52 is pretty basically the emotionless sex doll of the Outlaws, and anyone picking up Catwoman #1 probably isn't expecting it to end with a couple of pages of her and Batman having sex on a rooftop.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

while i have not read those particular comics i have been enjoying the green lanter reboots and have not noticed that as of yet. Though i have to admit this much if there is a content rating on the cover parents shouldnt be letting there children read it.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I agree to the thread starter that lots of things stays the same from older comics , that are totally new in the NEW 52 series. Especially in green lantern . Well i didnt went through GL .. but read in wiki that in GL they didnt start from scratch in the NEW 52 .
As for me , i only read the first three issues of The Swamp Thing (NEW 52) . It wasnt bad . But had a feeling i was missing something in the "New 52" and for that i got to read the old issues that started in the 70s.
edit on 1-9-2012 by RedDrag0n because: (no reason given)

top topics

join