It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam, Christanity and Judisam.....What is the difference?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
amuk, at first the crusades was not a war of religion, infact only a few were for religious reasons, they even attacked non-catholic christians in the crusades, most in the church didnt even approve of war for religion but the ones at the top used it as an excuse, thats when it fell apart, originally the first crusade was in response to muslim aggression on an ally- not for god.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Difference is really easy. And they DO NOT believe in the same God. Allah was a Moon god from mecca's polytheistic society before muhommed the pedophile arrived on scene and took the Greatest of the gods as he is still called, and the moon is still in islams symbol... but to the difference.

In Christianity God sent his son to die for you......

In Islam you must send your son to die for god.

Umm...Crusades?

Plus, you are trying to compare God's intentions and the intentions of a few fanatic Muslims. I wouldn't say God could be compared to a person. As well, I think we know fanatics exist everywhere.

But anyway, all three seem to have a base in Sumerian/Babylonian mythology and aren't exactly original, including the story of Jesus.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Quite imature attacking Amuk, he's one of the most humble men on this site.

Judiasm/Christianity/Islam are all part of the same tree, if you were to ask me. Though I am not a theology major, I will provide whatever information I can to help. It seems that not a soul has given theological differences/similarities, only attacking it soley based on the acts of a fanatics.

Yes, Christianity believed in Jesus Christ as the sun of the Lord, of whom they tout as being the Jewish Messiah, Yeshua. I do not believe this to be true though, as the train of thought during the molding of Christianity was to destroy all those who would not convert, or assimilate them instead, more than likley, Judiac teachings were integrated into Christianity. The Prophet Muhhamed does not rever Jesus as the sun of God, but a mere prophet, a prophet who preached Allah. Muslims seem to believe that the God of Moses, Yahweh, the God of Abraham, El Shadai ( High God of Caanite, no ? ) and the God of Jesus, were all Allah, as defined by Islam. Seems quite odd, but also follows the sort of mind early Christians had in Assimilating Paganism. Islam also believes that Jesus's Bible, a Bible that his disciples had written was stolen/burnt/hidden by the Jews, and the Bible we preach is but a fraud.

Well, that was a bit sketchy and short, I'm kind of tired. I'll get back to this thread later, sorry.

Amadeus, Leveller, are two that come to mind for more indepth answers. Maybe a U2U to them could do you more justice.

Deep

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
amuk, at first the crusades was not a war of religion, infact only a few were for religious reasons, they even attacked non-catholic christians in the crusades, most in the church didnt even approve of war for religion but the ones at the top used it as an excuse, thats when it fell apart, originally the first crusade was in response to muslim aggression on an ally- not for god.

May not have been a religious crusade but it was done in God's name.
www.medievalcrusades.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
no, mostly was to repell muslims and gain control of former lands, hell its not as simple as that even, it was many wars and not all for the same reasons

[edit on 25-8-2004 by namehere]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
You will find that the differences in factions of one religion are often far different than the differences between major religions.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   
None of this has anything to do with spirituality or trying to live as God desires us to live.

It is all tied up with politics, money (oil), and ethnic hatred. Any truly religious and spiritually aware person would only kill as a means of last resort defending himself, or more likely his family from an immediate threat.

There are vast numbers of people from all these three religions that just want it all to stop.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Warpspeed
None of this has anything to do with spirituality or trying to live as God desires us to live.

It is all tied up with politics, money (oil), and ethnic hatred. Any truly religious and spiritually aware person would only kill as a means of last resort defending himself, or more likely his family from an immediate threat.

There are vast numbers of people from all these three religions that just want it all to stop.

That is exactly the point. Things done "in" god's name. Not what god would want you to do.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I have seen a lot of threads bashing one religion or the other from different usually of the OTHER religion and I have a question for all of you....

What is the difference between yours and brand X?

All three believe in one God, the same one really
All three give the same message
All three promote an us against them agenda
All three demote women and childern to a status of property
All three promote slavery
All three allow and encourage violance against the "unbelievers"
All three claim to be the infalible word of God

I think you get the message.

I am serious what makes YOUR version special? Maybe its just because I am a hopeless Heathen but I dont see any REAL difference

[edit on 24-8-2004 by Amuk]

If you cannot see the answer before you, you will never accept an answer.

Islam is determined to dominate the planet and establish Islamic Law world wide. One Nation One Community. Tolerance in Islam is non-existant. Atheism is punishable by death even today. Today in the Sudan Arab Muslims are ethnice cleansing the Sudan by removing the Black Christian and Black Muslim in an effort to change the face of the Sudan from african to arab. Jangaweed Militias are paid to exterminate the local tribes all through the Darfur region. With tactics such as Rape and castration. In Europe, honor killings are going on in modern Islam. Iran is seeking nuclear weapons to exterminate the Jews. Palestinian children are raised in school to HATE Jews. Palestinian children are being programmed to die a martyr and take as many Jews as they can with them. Stark differences between Christianity and Islam. Christianity promotes the preservation of Life under the premise that every life is sacred, Islam rewards murder and death. The Evolution of one over the other should give you some sort of clue. If not, I repeat, you will never accept an answer.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Looking4clues:

Guess what, we've heard this before, with a different scapegoat: The Jews.

If you supplanted the word "Islam" for "Zionism" and the word "Arab" for "Jew," in your above post, you would have an exact copy of any one of Hitler's speeches.

So, let's just say you're correct anyway. Islam is Satanic and Arabs are evil.

What would be the final solution to the Arab problem?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Looking4clues:

If you supplanted the word "Islam" for "Zionism" and the word "Arab" for "Jew," in your above post, you would have an exact copy of any one of Hitler's speeches.

I do not have a problem with Arabs, Caucasians, Africans, or Asians, I have a problem with Muslims. Please learn the Difference and stop the racism. Islam is not a Race it is an Evil Ideology. Open your eyes to the death around you.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   
i think that they are just different ways of getting a message to people of different regions. well... the message may have been corrupted over time, possibly, i'll give it that, but the similarities are uncanny indeed. im not part of any of them, just giving an interesting perspective is all. dfh out.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by deafence#
i think that they are just different ways of getting a message to people of different regions. well... the message may have been corrupted over time, possibly, i'll give it that, but the similarities are uncanny indeed. im not part of any of them, just giving an interesting perspective is all. dfh out.

the Biggest brightest shining difference is about 500 years of evolution. Islam today is on par with Christianity of 500 years ago. Ponder that for a lifetime if thats how long it takes.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by looking4clues

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Looking4clues:

I do not have a problem with Arabs, Caucasians, Africans, or Asians, I have a problem with Muslims. Please learn the Difference and stop the racism. Islam is not a Race it is an Evil Ideology. Open your eyes to the death around you.

Ok man you've opened my eyes. What should we do about it?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Judaism, does not demote women and children, women are quite holy in Judaism, they are believed to be pure, all throughout Jewish history, Education was a big part of Judaism, and it was not only the men that we taught, women were always literate, and maybe before u bring up these topics u should do some research. Judaism promoting Violence!!!??? we are commanded by G-d to destroy the nation of amalek, which does not exist anymore, that we know of anyway, we do not go around killing the un-believers, that was the christians i believe in the Crusades, killing the Jews and moslems, except not only do they kill us byt they decided to expell us from Spain and England. We do not "promote" slavery, Jews are governed by strict laws regarding slavery. and of course all thes things are in biblical times. Everyone knows that Judaism predates all other religions, the language, the land, many other reasons. And i would appreciate if we werent compared to the religions that tried to erradicate us.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
i mean, you guys say it yourself, deny ignorance. All throughout history, people have tried to kill the jews. the reason they want to kill us is because we seriously pose a threat. unlike christianity, converting to judaism isnt simple, it take 3 years, usually a rabbi will turn you away straight away. you literally have to beg, Judaism dont want people who will convert for the sake of it, they will convert you if you want to convert, i mean REALLY want to convert.
And btw, its not only the Palestinians that encourage hatred towards the jews, the gospels are directly anti-semitic, some have been changed and now they are not taught as thoughorly as they used to be.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by looking4clues

are you relating to islam being evil based on the fanatics who use so called "terrorism" to kill others? if so, there are simpler reasons for this i assure you. im sure i could call any religion/ideology evil if i didnt look at both sides of the coin. dfh out.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TEDEX
Independentjournal friend, don't waste your time replying to this biker kid, it is obvious the he is not looking for answers, his ignorance is quite remarkable, and it is also obvious that his only intentions are to upset some and to find like minded individuals to justify his thinking patterns.

Kid

I probebly have socks older than you

How about yoiu enlighten me o wise one

What are the differences? Can you come up with any or will you just sit back with your pure and perfect love and sling mud and call names like a 5 year old?

My intentions are to try to find a worthy bit of difference between these three superstitions that are bringing the world to the brink of disaster.

So far all I have geard is "the other two are evil" or soime other nonsense

How about some FACTS to back up your claim

Or are all you are good for is childish name calling in the name of YOUR invisiable friend

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Ghostrider_
i mean, you guys say it yourself, deny ignorance. All throughout history, people have tried to kill the jews. the reason they want to kill us is because we seriously pose a threat.

What threat does Judaism pose, anyway?

Last I looked the only threat the Jews in my town pose is they might buy all the bagels at the coffee shop before I get there.

I've never seen Jews as a threat, but in history they have often been scapegoats.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Difference is really easy. And they DO NOT believe in the same God. Allah was a Moon god from mecca's polytheistic society before muhommed the pedophile arrived on scene and took the Greatest of the gods as he is still called, and the moon is still in islams symbol... but to the difference.

In Christianity God sent his son to die for you......

In Islam you must send your son to die for god.

If you want to get technical christanity is all about sun worship. In fact the roman ruler that brought christnaity to the fore front was a sun worshipper and mixed my rituals with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join