It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam, Christanity and Judisam.....What is the difference?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
ISHHHHH

Listen, there is NO difference, it's all the same god, it's different interpretations of their prophets! Prophets are not god, they are humans with special abilities that everybody have but not everybody can use these skills!
That really really brake my heart peeps! The all-man-made religions Amuk talked about are a way to create what is "intolerance towards other religions" to divide the world and cause wars....everybody falls for it! and it works so well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget about it! We are all humans from the same god, whatever they told you at school! Our soul is attached to the source and that is god...there is no difference, it's the interpretation of the "saint book" that was corrupted

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
please, can you just listen to your voice of faith and love in your heart!

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
And one more thing, as long as muslims who are not regarded "fundamental" by my government keep on saying that people who say Mohammed is a pedophile should be killed in the name of Allah, I -wether I want it or not- will not be positive and open towards the Islamic religion in general.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia

Listen, there is NO difference, it's all the same god, it's different interpretations of their prophets! Prophets are not god, they are humans with special abilities that everybody have but not everybody can use these skills!
That really really brake my heart peeps! The all-man-made religions Amuk talked about are a way to create what is "intolerance towards other religions" to divide the world and cause wars....everybody falls for it! and it works so well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amelia, it is not that simple, even though I wish it was.
Some things just happened in history and can not be denied.
One of those things is the origin of the Islamic religion, and the time in which it was created, and the books the Koran is derived from.

Forget about it! We are all humans from the same god, whatever they told you at school! Our soul is attached to the source and that is god...there is no difference, it's the interpretation of the "saint book" that was corrupted

Indeed, all from the same God.
The difference is that some "find" God in their lifetime, and some "find" him after their lifetime.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
The difference is that some "find" God in their lifetime, and some "find" him after their lifetime.

I know dear! But I feel so sad about it, I'm a very deeply spiritual person that don't belong in any religion...religions were all made-up! And even if I fight for it on ATS, I can't win! What will they do when the earth is invaded by aliens...will they still want to kill each other or unite everybody in the world as Humans?????? See, do we need a big event to wake-up humanity or we can continue to promote hate towards "crap religion" founded on a prophet who wrote a book 2000 years ago and we got no proofs that god had something to do with it! Why can't people be just "a child of god" and love without fighting for thier beleifs? BELEIVE in your own SOUL, you true attach to god! I'm so so sad guys....really

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia

I know dear! But I feel so sad about it, I'm a very deeply spiritual person that don't belong in any religion...religions were all made-up! And even if I fight for it on ATS, I can't win! What will they do when the earth is invaded by aliens...will they still want to kill each other or unite everybody in the world as Humans?????? See, do we need a big event to wake-up humanity or we can continue to promote hate towards "crap religion" founded on a prophet who wrote a book 2000 years ago and we got no proofs that god had something to do with it! Why can't people be just "a child of god" and love without fighting for thier beleifs? BELEIVE in your own SOUL, you true attach to god! I'm so so sad guys....really

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Haha interesting point.
I actually thought like that a while ago.
It would take a massive invasion of aliens for this world to finally stop fighting and unite. It's the sad truth.

Anyways, christianity, is the one and only religion for me, and Jesus my example. I think it's safe to say if everyone would be like Jesus there would not be any war/fighting anymore.
I don't think we can say that about Mohammed. ;+/

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Anyways, christianity, is the one and only religion for me, and Jesus my example. I think it's safe to say if everyone would be like Jesus there would not be any war/fighting anymore.

See, If you'd like to be like Jesus, you would say that Mohamed is a child of god but maybe his work was corrupted by some unhappy men who wanted to have some power!
If you wanna be like Jesus, you will have to admit that you love everybody on earth, even your enemies, send love to those you beleive need help to get closer to the light...
Jesus, if he existed, would be very very sad to see what the world looks like today, but he would forgive us and love everybody, even those who beleive in Allah!

BTW, those who love jesus, they love the image because all they know about him is what was written in the bible.....the image is a loving guy who love everybody unconditionnally, that is what you should do!

I'm outta here.

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

See, If you'd like to be like Jesus, you would say that Mohamed is a child of god but maybe his work was corrupted by some unhappy men who wanted to have some power!
If you wanna be like Jesus, you will have to admit that you love everybody on earth, even your enemies, send love to those you beleive need help to get closer to the light...
Jesus, if he existed, would be very very sad to see what the world looks like today, but he would forgive us and love everybody, even those who beleive in Allah!

BTW, those who love jesus, they love the image because all they know about him is what was written in the bible.....the image is a loving guy who love everybody unconditionnally, that is what you should do!

I'm outta here.

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well done Jakko! Bravo!

Amelia - you are reminding me of the Movie "Bruce Almighty" were
Jim Carrie's Character is told by "God" (played by Morgan Freeman):
"Thats the Mistake that you people keep making - you always keep looking Up"!
Now Read my Signature! I am saddened by how much Christianity has been Twisted over Time -> Jesus' message was very Similiar to Buddha’s -> Don't Look Outside of yourself for God,
Look WITHIN Yourself (i.e. Christ/Buddha Nature)!

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   

As a christian I take my religion very serious as well, but I think the christian religion is way less agressive towards people who sin, people who do not believe and people who disagree with me regarding my religion.

The Islamic religion is not aggressive towards people who do not believe. The Quran specifically says that there should be no compulsion in religion (2:256).

There is a lot of difference between all these religions, but since christianity is basicly the "fullfilled" jewish religion (as a christian would put it) and the islamic religion is just a cheap rip off of the old testament (as some christians would put it) for christians these religions do not come down to the same at all.

And a muslim would say that that current christianity is a corruption of Jesus's message, and Islam is the "fullfilled" jewish religion. How does saying something make it true?

The most important aspect of the christian religion is Jesus, God becoming human, and entering His own creation to pay for the sins of creation itself to balance it all up for us. This aspect is not seen in any of the other religions, and this is what sets christianity apart from any other religion in the world.

That is the thing that bothers me most about current christianity. "Believe in Jesus and all will be right". That is basically saying that if a fellow moves into a secluded forest, grows his own vegetables and spends his days praying to Jesus, his life will be fullfilled. Excuse society for being greedy, but I think his life would have been wasted. Belief by itself is worth nothing, it must be followed by action. "Looking within yourself" is very noble, but don't leave what is outside!

And one more thing, as long as muslims who are not regarded "fundamental" by my government keep on saying that people who say Mohammed is a pedophile should be killed in the name of Allah, I -wether I want it or not- will not be positive and open towards the Islamic religion in general.

Wouldn't you be mad if someone called Jesus a pedophile? It is about just as true. Forget the fact that there is controversy about the actual age of A'ishah, you should understand that this is in the desert heat of 600AD Arabia. Girls had to toil in the blazing sun. The age of maturity was much less.

Jakko, what is it about the origin of Islamic religion that make its God different? By the way, the Quran is not "derived" from any other book. And why would there be fighting if people emulated Muhammad? How can you emulate Jesus if you consider him to be God? Do you plan on fasting 40 days and nights? Do you have the power to heal and raise people from the dead? It is interesting how christians are so willing to insult Muhammad, while muslims wouldn't dare insult Jesus.

It seems your understanding of Islam is not correct. The only way to achieve peace, tolerance and unity is through understanding. We can't wait for some alien to attack.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
The Islamic religion is not aggressive towards people who do not believe. The Quran specifically says that there should be no compulsion in religion (2:256).

The Islamic religion wants people to follow the rules of the Islam, wether they believe in them or not. The Islam is against seperation between state and church. as mentioned several times in the Koran. What do you think about that?

And a muslim would say that that current christianity is a corruption of Jesus's message, and Islam is the "fullfilled" jewish religion. How does saying something make it true?

I don't think you get it.
The Koran was created AFTER the bible was created. The bible is pretty objective about Jesus' life, and full of exact quotes.

That is the thing that bothers me most about current christianity. "Believe in Jesus and all will be right". That is basically saying that if a fellow moves into a secluded forest, grows his own vegetables and spends his days praying to Jesus, his life will be fullfilled. Excuse society for being greedy, but I think his life would have been wasted. Belief by itself is worth nothing, it must be followed by action. "Looking within yourself" is very noble, but don't leave what is outside!

If this is truly the thing that bothers you most about christianity, then I am quite sure you don't understand the point and meaning of this, because it's probably one of the coolest things about christianity.
Of course God wants you to translate your choice to follow Jesus into action, but the actual action is not what is most important. Not what your religion depends on.
Christianity is just about accepting the offering that Jesus gave to you, the actions *should* follow automaticly if your choice is for real.

Do you understand how complex this is? And how a simple start (following Jesus) actually means a LOT if you are true in your choice?

Wouldn't you be mad if someone called Jesus a pedophile? It is about just as true.

Not sure where that came from. I wouldn't be mad no. Some people say ignorant things and are out to provoke others, you can't make it stop by getting mad. I would just try to talk to them and find out why they are saying that kind of things.

Forget the fact that there is controversy about the actual age of A'ishah, you should understand that this is in the desert heat of 600AD Arabia. Girls had to toil in the blazing sun. The age of maturity was much less.

Making excuses for Mohammed?
Sorry but this was not what the discussion was about. Wether or not Allah is a pedophile is up for depate. What is for sure that people who say it shouldn't be killed in the name of Allah. I hope we can agree on that one.

Jakko, what is it about the origin of Islamic religion that make its God different? By the way, the Quran is not "derived" from any other book.

Yes it is.

And why would there be fighting if people emulated Muhammad?

Because Mohammed is not exactly the most peacefull and loving person in the Koran, even though he is the most important person in the Koran.

How can you emulate Jesus if you consider him to be God? Do you plan on fasting 40 days and nights? Do you have the power to heal and raise people from the dead? It is interesting how christians are so willing to insult Muhammad, while muslims wouldn't dare insult Jesus.

I didn't insult Mohammed, if you take what i said as an insult you are reading what you want to read. I can not *be* like God because God is perfect. But I can try to be like the example God gave us through Jesus. Even though I will probably never succeed 100%, if I really try I will make the best out of it. And that is what God truly asks us.

It seems your understanding of Islam is not correct. The only way to achieve peace, tolerance and unity is through understanding. We can't wait for some alien to attack.

I agree fully, the alien attack was just a joke actually.
It's ironic how such an attack would actually do this world good, if we survive that is.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   

The Islamic religion wants people to follow the rules of the Islam, wether they believe in them or not. The Islam is against seperation between state and church. as mentioned several times in the Koran. What do you think about that?

That makes no sense. Someone who is not muslim will obviously not follow the rules of Islam. The Quran doesn't give any rules for those who are not muslims.

I don't think you get it.
The Koran was created AFTER the bible was created. The bible is pretty objective about Jesus' life, and full of exact quotes.

And the bible was created AFTER the Torah was created. What is your point? It was written by people who never even met Jesus, so I would question how "objective" it is, and how "exact the quotes are".

Christianity is just about accepting the offering that Jesus gave to you, the actions *should* follow automaticly if your choice is for real.

So if someone performs the "actions" (Charity, honesty, kindness, genorousity etc.) while totally refuting Jesus's divinity, would he be OK by christian standards? According to a lot of Christians, he's still be bound for hell, while your hermit monk in the forest, doing nothing but praying and reading the bible, would get a place in heaven.

i]Originally posted by Jakko
Not sure where that came from. I wouldn't be mad no. Some people say ignorant things and are out to provoke others, you can't make it stop by getting mad. I would just try to talk to them and find out why they are saying that kind of things.

My feelings exactly about what people say about Muhammad!

Making excuses for Mohammed?
Sorry but this was not what the discussion was about. Wether or not Allah is a pedophile is up for depate. What is for sure that people who say it shouldn't be killed in the name of Allah. I hope we can agree on that one.

I don't think question ever WAS whether Allah is a pedophile. The question was about Muhammad. And I told some facts, I made no excuses. By the way, I don't think an occasion has risen where a fanatic muslim killed someone for calling Muhammad a pedophile. Most people have the sense not to say such things around fanatic muslims. However, I agree, killing is not the best way to resolve the issue.

Jakko, what is it about the origin of Islamic religion that make its God different? By the way, the Quran is not "derived" from any other book.

Yes it is.

Please prove this zany assumption.

...Mohammed is not exactly the most peacefull and loving person in the Koran, even though he is the most important person in the Koran.

You seem to be under the impression that the Quran is about Muhammad. No, it is about Islam, and ALL the prophets, including Jesus. Muhammad is not the most important prophet in the Quran, the Quran says to make no difference between the prophets of Allah. Muhammad's peacefull and loving nature is not really addressed in the Quran, however, from reliable Hadith and from history, we can discover that he WAS an exceptionally peaceful and loving person. Sure, he defended his faith and people when attacked, but that does not make him a warmonger.

How can you emulate Jesus if you consider him to be God? Do you plan on fasting 40 days and nights? Do you have the power to heal and raise people from the dead? It is interesting how christians are so willing to insult Muhammad, while muslims wouldn't dare insult Jesus.

I didn't insult Mohammed, if you take what i said as an insult you are reading what you want to read.
I agree fully, the alien attack was just a joke actually.
It's ironic how such an attack would actually do this world good, if we survive that is.

I am sorry if I assumed you were insulting Muhammad, I suppose you weren't REALLY. I am just tired that everytime "Muhammad" and "Islam" come up, they are generally followed by "Violence" and "Pedophile" when this is not true. I realised that the alien thing was a joke, I just needed a good way to end my last post

[edit on 8-2-2005 by babloyi]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Babloyi - I know what you are saying - I started a Thread on it! It is the Mysterious Faceless Media that slips these Subliminal Messages to the American Public. I was watching TV News one day & they opened up a Koran & they were all like:

"The Koran says that it’s OK to Kill people of other Religions if they are not willing to Convert to Islam". I wonder if they could read in Arabic (because the Koran is written in Arabic). This was obviously done in a Sensationalistic manner for Ratings. The TRUTH is that there are plenty of Good & Non-Violent people in all Major Western Regions such as Islam, Judaism & Christianity - Unfortunately there are also the Extremists!

It is also Unfortunate that the Extremists seem to get all the Publicity - the Media should stop rewarding these Barbarians with Coverage! Anyhow for however “Neutral” & “Secular” World Governments proclaim to be - it is Impossible to totally separate Religion from the State - it will always play a Role & Influence Policy Makers!

I just wish that we can all start Conversing with each other like Civilized & grown Adults instead of what has been going on for the last Century = Throwing Slanderous Propaganda & Dis-Info @ each other!
Enough is Enough already!

[edit on 8-2-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Guys...While we all can keep fighting about the differences...please find time to consider this - Three groups of people left their homelands due to religious persecution in the land of their birth - the Jews, the Parsis and the Syrian-Christians. It is only in a Hindu land that the Jews were never persecuted. The holy places for the Zoroastrians are in India and not in the place where it was founded. The Syrian Christians were given an honourable place in the society by the Hindus. All of them not only maintained their religion, but also prospered socially and economically. In all the cases, the refugees reciprocated the goodwill shown to them by the Hindus.

When Islam and Christianity came here with the power of the sword, Hindu society resisted. Though some tracts have become non-Hindu, the rest of the society is sufficiently vibrant to ensure that the civilisation is still largely intact. While all the other ancient civilisations have been destroyed, the Hindu civilisation has lived on to become today the oldest surviving civilisation in the world.

Think about it !! A religion which is not even in your radar...A religion so great that is beyon One Muhammad or One Jesus...Where people don't fight or kill for religion...The religion which teaches Non-voilence,tolerance and Love...I think both - Christanity and Islam,in the present scheme of things, are pushing our very survival to extinction...Hinduism is the only religion which can save the world. Guys do some research about this wonderful religion which is THIRD in terms of number of followers on earth... Amazing!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by looking4clues
How about yoiu enlighten me o wise one
Amuk, it is ever so apparent that you can not be enlightened, because you do not want to open your heart. I could be wrong but I have seen these arguments a hundred times.

hahahah you got to be kidding me.....you are talking about HEART hahaha... this is coming from some1 that wants all muslims dead. My friend you have no idea what heart or love is in the first place. If you were more like jesus you would learn to forgive and turn the other cheek. Love all no matter what, wasnt that the message of Jesus.

I suggest YOU open your heart first before you even talk any further about it or try to convince some1 of opening their heart.

Besides not all muslims are the same... same goes for christians. I am sorry to bring this up but Priests that rape little children arent any better than a suecide bomber.

Love all.... and this is coming from a muslim.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Originally posted by looking4clues

If you cannot see the answer before you, you will never accept an answer.

Islam is determined to dominate the planet and establish Islamic Law world wide. One Nation One Community. Tolerance in Islam is non-existant. Atheism is punishable by death even today.

Stark differences between Christianity and Islam. Christianity promotes the preservation of Life under the premise that every life is sacred, Islam rewards murder and death. The Evolution of one over the other should give you some sort of clue. If not, I repeat, you will never accept an answer.

Christians are tolerant? They hold all life sacred?

Tell it to the Jews during the Inquisition
Tell it to the little old ladies burnt alive for being witches
Tell it to the Muslims during the Crusades
Tell it to the Muslim women in the Serbian rape camps
Tell it to the Homosexuals today

What a tolerant bunch

You have YET to show me one bit of real difference between the three all you have shown is your blind adherince to one and prejudice to the other two.

I love you man

"Tell it to the Muslim women in the Serbian rape camps"

I was going to write something about this as well since i am a MUSLIM from Bosnia.

In 1 day 8000 men women and children were raped and killed... and what happened..... NADA the world looked away my friend.

But anyway... i was raised muslim my whole life... but am far from it. I have read the bible and the quran and i think of myslelf as some1 seeking god within myslelf and not in scriptures written by man. If the message of god is love than love is all we need to make this world a better place.

Be smart follow your heart....

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

The Mathematical Odds of Jesus Fulfilling Prophecy

"The following probabilities are taken from Peter Stoner in Science Speaks (Moody Press, 1963) to show that coincidence is ruled out by the science of probability. Stoner says that by using the modern science of probability in reference to eight prophecies, ‘we find that the chance that any man might have lived down to the present time and fulfilled all eight prophecies is 1 in 1017."

That would be 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000. In order to help us comprehend this staggering probability, Stoner illustrates it by supposing that "we take 1017 silver dollars and lay them on the face of Texas. They will cover all of the state two feet deep. Now mark one of these silver dollars and stir the whole mass thoroughly, all over the state. Blindfold a man and tell him that he can travel as far as he wishes, but he must pick up one silver dollar and say that this is the right one. What chance would he have of getting the right one? Just the same chance that the prophets would have had of writing these eight prophecies and having them all come true in any one man."
Stoner considers 48 prophecies and says, "we find the chance that any one man fulfilled all 48 prophecies to be 1 in 10157, or 1 in 10,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 000,000,000."

www.conservablogs.com...

God says he will use prophesy to prove the scripture are from the one true God and he has

```````````````````````````````
Edit to add link and external tags

Please read Posting work written by others

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14/5/07 by masqua]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
''All three believe in one God, the same one really ''

Bible says otherwise and is the only religious book to use prophesy to prove it is the word of the Lord

''All three give the same message''

err not even close, the messages are quite different

''All three promote an us against them agenda''

not true , believers in Christ are to hang out with other believers and work and strive to overcome their filthy rag natures
kinda like alcoholics staying away from drinkers, but we are to witness to the lost, be kind ,be generous,be loving
and if need be die for our Lord, sadly many claim to be Christian but are not and deceive many

we have to deliver a message Jesus himself was crucified for and he said folks would hate us to because we are his
as the end of the age of men approaches it is easy to see Christians will be persecuted just like the scriptures say
this is already happening through out the world, but one day if they pass the hate crime law it will be impossible to remain a true Christian without breaking that law and getting 36 years in the pen for it

the message is simple Jesus is the only way to get to God and this is his gospel--1Cor 15:1-4

how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

But Christians should never do crusades , or use violence

UNLIKE the so called religion of peace Islam who does consider you and yours to be conquered and converted or killed
Hindus i am not familiar with

''All three demote women and childern to a status of property ''

Not true, "Why do Hindus teach that woman has no soul and do not permit her to read the Veda or to eat at the same table with her own husband?

Why is it that the Muslims do not educate their women, do not permit them to enter a mosque, and make them serve as concubines?

Why did Buddha say that a wise man should avoid married life as if it were a pit of burning coals and that the Buddhist religion has 18 hells for its Buddhist women?

Why does Confucianism consider women a necessary evil, buy and sell her for domestic services, the stage, and immoral purposes, and let her kill her girl babies?

It is because these religions consider women to be far inferior to men.

The high honor and respect that the Christian woman enjoys in the church, in the home, and in society wherever Christian influence is felt is due to the Christian teaching that women are coheirs of eternal life with men.

Husbands and wives, says Peter, are 'heirs with you of the gracious gift of life.' The Christian religion gives women an important place in the church."
Romans 8:17 "And if children, then heir; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together."
Women are just as important as men. Those who are truly saved are "heirs of God," and "joint heirs with Christ." They play such a vital role in the work of the kingdom of God.

''All three allow and encourage violance against the "unbelievers" ''

again not true, Since Christ is our Lord we listen to him and the apostles teachings and no where can you find this claim to be true in the New testament--no where are we commanded to violence

[edit on 6-5-2007 by tom_roberts]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
You ask what makes my view special, and I will tell you.
The God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, the God from whom ALL three religons came has one TRUE name. YHWH, Yahweh.
Yahweh's truth is evident in ALL of these religons it is true.
But Yahweh is a Holy God of love and compassion.

It would be very hard for me to explain why the creator of all things would do things the way he did, even I dont fully understand why, no one but God does.

But you want truth and something special, read the words in the gospel that comes from Yeshua our Messiah! (or Jesus the Christ, if you call him by that.)
In the Good news of our Messiah, there is no one greater than another. There is no killing, there is not even DEATH!

Shalom for the Earth

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I would say amen to the post above.

While Aryan Watch you have your Indian Hindu religion God has for some reason or other chosen the Middle-east and Middle-eastern peoples to place his name and reputation and a land (Israel) whence to call his people home to..... thus for the past 20th Century the cross over point between religious ideology and theory- and reality has been the creation of the State of Israel even when it's people and every one is telling them that they shouldn't be there or that they should give up their claim to be there.

The agreed founder of this salvation by God providing the Lamb of God religion (Sura 37:102-113) Genesis 22 is Abraham.
By far the most talented of Abraham's sons through Keturah is Midian- from which we get the Arabic word Medinah for 'a city' and another related word means 'civilisation' so for example when God allows Joseph (Yusuf) to be taken to Egypt (Genesis 37) it is these two relatives of his Midian and Ishmael who are the traders who take him there. Once there Yusuf finds himself in the Kings prison but finally the king has a dream that defies the well know dream interpreting talents for which Egyptians are renown and Yusuf explains it because he has knowledge which is only found in the revelation of God The Torah and known to him alone- the code meaning of the number seven and the meaning of the week (seven years in all the old Testament mentions of it)

In India the Hindu people have been ruled firstly by Mongolian Muslims and then after that by the British. The cast system comes from Arayan peoples who have come into India from the north and established rule over Hindu people. Therefore we could conclude that people of superior religious systems Mongolian-Islam and British-Christain have shown the superiority of their government/religion in recent Indian history.

But I say this not to insult; Rather the day is coming when the true King will return to the land of Israel and become King of Jerusalem fulfilling an ancient prohecy from the time of Abraham. My Islam and my Christainity (I have both) is not enough. My status as one from the nations outside the Middle East is not enough instead i must and I will accept a Jewish King who says (John 4) "salvation is from the Jews".

We are moving backwards as far as religion is concerned. the things that happened 4 and 5 thousand years ago at the time of Abrham and before are becoming clearer. Gd is revealing his cultural identity and his cultural likes and dislikes. Soon the American Empire and the American Christainity will be thing of the past just as the English Empire is now for India a thing of the past.... but as these great empires fall Israel and the Jewish people are continuing to strenghten.

Thus do get a bible and start at the beginning and read it slowly enjoying the amazing insights you will find shalom/salem alekum.paul

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The three religions of Judaism, Christianity and Islam have many things in common Monotheism, the belief in a single God; Angels, Greek angelos, ”messenger” Moses as a prophet, the Ten Commandments, Satan and Abraham. The differences are, however very subtle, mostly due to the twists that Islam puts on conventional Christian and Jewish beliefs. Stories, such as those of Abraham, Moses, and Jesus, are given in intricate detail and with slight revisions of the biblical accounts. The political context must also be taken into account when trying to reconcile these three religions.

Islam recognizes the divine origins of the earlier Hebrew and Christian Scriptures and represents itself as both a restoration and a continuation of their traditions. Although Muslims believe that the original messages of Judaism and Christianity were given by God; they also believe that Jews and Christians eventually distorted them. The self-perceived mission of Islam, therefore, has been to restore what Muslims believe is the original monotheistic teaching and to supplant the older legal codes of the Hebrew and Christian traditions with a newer Islamic code of law that corresponds to the evolving conditions of human societies. As a result, Islamic traditions maintain that Jesus was a prophet whose revealed book was the Christian New Testament, and that later Christians distorted the original scripture and inserted into it the claim that Jesus was the son of God. (1) Or to take another example, Muslims maintain that the strict laws communicated by Moses in the Hebrew Bible were appropriate for their time. Later, however, Jesus introduced a code of behavior that stressed spirituality rather than ritual and law. Christians believe that Jesus introduced a code of behavior that stressed spirituality rather than ritual and law and did away with the Laws of Moses, but not the Ten Commandments. Those of the Jewish faith believe in the Laws of Moses and the Ten Commandments.

Most Muslims believe in angels, the Day of Judgment, heaven or paradise, and hell.
They believe that Angels are immortal beings that are incapable of unbelief and commit no sins and serve as guardians (Protectors) and recorders of deeds, a link between God and humanity (Messengers). On the Day of Judgment, people will be held accountable for their actions. Pilgrimage is required to Mecca once in a person’s lifetime. Jihad "to struggle" or "to exhaust one's effort," in order to please God or redemption by Good Works. Five prescribed daily prayers, ritual cleansing or purification of the body, standing, bowing, and prostrating during prayers and facing towards Mecca, Almsgiving, 2.5%, among other required tithes as a means to Salvation.

Most Christians believe in angels, the Day of Judgment, heaven and hell.
Angels have free will and are guardians, recorders of deeds, and a link between God and humanity. On the Day of Judgment people will be held accountable for their actions, mediated by the Christ. Fasting is recommended but not required and pilgrimage is not required. Almsgiving and tithing to the Local Church for support of that church and its missions typically 10%, other giving above the tithe is strongly encouraged, this is not a means to salvation. Daily Prayer is not regimented but is expected. Jesus’ crucifixion, death and resurrection Virgin birth and Divinity are integral to a Christian’s belief. Lowering the status of the Christ to a prophet would definitely cause conflict.
Most Jews believe in angels and heaven. No Day of Judgment or hell. Pilgrimage is recommended but not required. Justification comes by Good Works. Jews recite numerous benedictions throughout the day. Ritual cleansing or purification of the body is required. Almsgiving and tithing to the Local synagogue for support of that synagogue and its missions typically 10% as a means to Righteousness, there are many more required tithes on top of the weekly.

According to the Bible Old Testament or Torah, Ishmael was Abraham's first son, born when Abraham was 86 years old. Ishmael’s mother was Hagar, an Egyptian slave in Abraham's household. Isaac, born to Abraham by Sarah in his 100th year, was the first of his legitimate descendants. God demanded that Abraham sacrifice Isaac as a test of faith, but because of Abraham's obedient compliance, God permitted him to spare Isaac and rewarded Abraham with a formal renewal of his promise. After Sarah died, Abraham married Keturah and had six sons by her. He died at the biblical age of 175 and was buried beside Sarah in the Cave of Machpelah, in what is now Hebron, West Bank
According to Islamic tradition, Hagar was the true wife of Ibrahim and Ishmael the favored son and intended sacrificial victim. This would be a major cause of conflict between the three religions.

Jewish and Muslim dietary laws relate to the Temple cult. One’s table at home is deemed comparable to the table of the Lord. Certain animals, considered unclean, are not to be eaten (see Deuteronomy 14:3-21). Into this category fall pigs as well as fish without fins or scales. Edible animals, those that have split hooves and chew their cuds, must be properly slaughtered (kāshēr or “fit” and the blood fully drained before the meat can be eaten. Meat and milk products are not to be eaten together. This alone proves that Abraham was not kosher (see Genesis 18:7-8) Christians have no dietary restrictions believing that these Laws were supplanted by Christ. Mat 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Eucharist, (Not universally observed among Christian denominations) or the Lord's Supper, in which Christians share in bread and wine and, through them, express and acknowledge the reality of the presence of Christ as they commemorate him in the communion of believers with one another. Most protestant denominations do not believe that the bread and wine actually turn into flesh and blood, Catholics say they do. Communion is taken in remembrance of the sacrifice and resurrection of Jesus and not without cost. Cor. 11:25 - 27After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do show the Lord's death till he comes. Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

Baptism (Not universal among Christian denominations) “in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,” or sometimes perhaps more simply “in the name of Christ,” was in the beginning the means of initiation into Christianity now it has taken on the same status it had in Judaism, a public display of faith and a changed life. At first it seems to have been administered chiefly to adults after they had professed their faith and promised to amend their lives, but this turned into a more inclusive practice with the baptism of infants called “christening” this also is not universal.

Allah, the supreme, all knowing, all-powerful, and above all, all-merciful God. The Arabic word Allah means “the God” and this God is understood to be the God who brought the world into being and sustains it to its end. By obeying God's commands, human beings express their recognition of and gratitude for the wisdom of creation, and live in harmony with the universe.

Christians and Jews teach that God is almighty in dominion over all that is in heaven and on earth, righteous in judgment over good and evil, beyond time and space and change; but above all they teach that “God is love.” The love of God and the love of neighbor are the two chief commandments in the ethical message of Jesus. The Bible forbids representations of God. It also forbids praying to an image or statue, in my opinion this puts the Catholic Church in danger of Idolatry. For the religious Jew, the entirety of life is a continuous act of divine worship. “I keep the Lord always before me” (Psalms 16:8), a verse inscribed on the front wall of many synagogues, aptly characterizes Judaic piety. Jehovah, name of the God of the Hebrew people as erroneously translated from the Masoretic Hebrew text. The word consists of the consonants JHVH or JHWH, with the vowels of a separate word, Adonai (Lord). What its original vowels were is a matter of speculation, for because of an interpretation of such texts as Exodus 20:7 and Leviticus 24:11, the name came to be regarded as too sacred for expression; the scribes, in reading aloud, substituted “Lord” and therefore wrote the vowel markings for “Lord” into the consonantal framework JHVH as a reminder to future readers aloud. The translators of the Hebrew, not realizing what the scribes had done, read the word as it was written down, taking the scribal vowel markings as intrinsic to the name of their God rather than as a mere reminder not to speak it. From this came the interpretation Jehovah. Translations in the Greek Orthodox church shows the forms Jabe and Jâo to be traditional, as well as the shortened Hebrew forms of the words Jah (see Psalms 68:4, for example) and Jahu (in proper names). It indicates that the name was originally spoken Jaweh or Yahwe (often spelled Yahweh in modern usage). Etymologically, it is a third person singular, imperfect, probably of the verb hawah (or hajah), signifying “to be.” The older interpreters explain the verb in a metaphysical and abstract sense; the “I am” of Scripture is “He who is,” the absolutely existent. (Exodus 3:14) And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

The Arabic name for God, Allah, refers to the same God worshiped by Jews and Christians. Most Jews and Christians alike do not believe this statement. They believe that the Arabic word Allah comes from an older sect that had many gods and Allah was the name of one of the minor gods. Whether or not this is true only God knows for sure.

Muhammad as prophet is recognized only in Islam, and there are many stories about him, such as the one where he captures two Christian missionaries and requires them to write the Qur’an as he dictates it to them, or that he married a 9 year old girl and consummated that marriage (a reasonably common practice at that time), these stories are not proven but they do affect the way Christians and Jews perceive the Islamic religion. Historically the Jewish people were treated better under Muslim rule in Spain than at any time after, especially by the Christian churches which viewed the Jews as the murderers of Jesus when through a thorough reading will show that it was the chief priests, elders and the council. (Mat 26:59) in other words the religious leaders.

Christians and Jews have had problems in the past but they are moving closer as more and more Christians remember that Jesus was a Jew and that according to the Old Testament, God is a Zionist and the promises He made to the Israelites will be fulfilled.

Historically the Arab Governments around Israel have a real problem with the establishment of the country of Israel; the independent nation of Israel was created in 1948. Five Arab nations: Egypt, Transjordan (now Jordan), Syria, Lebanon, and Iraq, immediately attacked Israel, and lost badly. These mostly Islamic countries have as their stated goal the total annihilation of the Israeli state.

The self-perceived mission of Islam has been to restore what Muslims believe is the original monotheistic teaching and to supplant the older legal codes of the Hebrew and Christian traditions with a newer Islamic code of law that corresponds to the evolving conditions of human societies. This statement would imply that Islam has no intention of playing nice.

As individual people all three of these religions can live in harmony, as proved here in the U. S. As world powers and “Governments” history shows that they have conflicting goals and desires for Jerusalem. On page 123 - 124 of Isis Unveiled H. P. Blavatsky states that Gautama based his moral ethics on three fundamental principals. 1.) That everything existing, exists from natural causes; 2.) That virtue brings its own reward, and vice and sin their own punishments; and 3.) The state of man in this world is probationary. She goes on to state that “on these three principles rested the universal foundation of every religious creed; God, and individual immortality for every man, if he could win it.” She asserts that this is the essence of every religious philosopher, Zoroaster, Pythagoras, Plato, Jesus and Moses.
Most consider Madam Blavatsky to be neither a scholar nor an unbiased documenter, but she is due some consideration as the founder of the Theosophical Society and as the first to bring the comparative study of religion to print in the U. S.
As Religions they all say that Love is the Law but none really practice it. Conversion seems to be the guiding principal for Christians and Muslims, Jews just want to be left alone to worship as prescribed in the Old Testament. Unlike the Christians and Muslims the Israelites never tried to conquer another people for the purpose of conversion.

There are Fundamentalists and Moderates in all three of these religions, the moderates usually can agree to disagree, at the very least. The fundamentalists in any religion do not consider anyone who does not agree with them on all points as a member of their religion. Fundamentalists and Moderates are needed to balance each other within any belief system. If the Fundamentalists become too strong then the results can be episodes like the Crusades or the Inquisition, when the Moderates become too strong then the whole belief system is in danger of being absorbed into another system of belief, similar to what happened with many Pagan or Nature Worship systems when some of their beliefs were adopted by the Catholic church.

As long as the Arab nations refuse the right of Israel to exist there will be conflict between Islam and Judaism and so long as the U.S. supports Israel there will be conflict between Christians and Muslims. In some cases Religion and Politics make good partners but in other situations they don’t, the Arab/Israeli situation is one in which they do not. With the combination of the conflicts in the beliefs and the political situation in the mid-east there will be, at minimum, a certain level of tension between these three religious systems.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join