It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam, Christanity and Judisam.....What is the difference?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
And maybe find out why they have been killing EACH OTHER.

I have heard the Christians claim that their religion had nothing to do with slaughter

I have heard the Muslims say their religion had nothing to do with the slaugther

I have heard the Jews say their religion had nothing to do with the slaughter

I have a question for all three

Why has NONE of your leaders tried to stop it?

One particular reason that sticks out, is...

From the Koran.

O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.[The Dinner Table 5:51]

Seems Allah sees Muslims as unjust and un-muslim for being friends with Jews and Christians.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Go back to School. Islam has Shari a, which is a form of government, which in turn is a form of politics. It is relevant. Nowhere in the Original post was it claimed that all aspects outside of theology, within Islam or Christianity, was out of bounds. If that upsets you thats just too bad.

Once again, you revert to questioning the socio-political dimensions revolving around Islam, not the context of the theology itself and in contrast to its two sisters, Christianity and Judaism.

Sharia, if we can get this clear quike, is imposed in how many Muslim countries again.......

Maybe, just maybe, you should go and read a little more on the Sharia law...

You have ignored the points that debunk your hatred. Remember, Islam is still a child, it's still about to his puberty. Levellar told us this pages before, and time and time again.

Deep

[edit on 29-8-2004 by ZeroDeep]

Original post.
All three believe in one God, the same one really
All three give the same message
All three promote an us against them agenda
All three demote women and childern to a status of property
All three promote slavery
All three allow and encourage violance against the "unbelievers"
All three claim to be the infalible word of God

Either you didn't read this above....^

Or you did not comprehend it. Try again... Maybe have a smarter person help you. Perhaps mom or dad.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Go back to School. Islam has Shari a, which is a form of government, which in turn is a form of politics. It is relevant. Nowhere in the Original post was it claimed that all aspects outside of theology, within Islam or Christianity, was out of bounds. If that upsets you thats just too bad.

You missed my point.

How many Muslim countries have Sharia as thier fundamental form of goverment ?

Deep

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

You missed my point.

How many Muslim countries have Sharia as thier fundamental form of goverment ?

Deep

www.nosharia.com...
Is Canada a Muslim country? There is no point in having 2 sets of laws within a country. If a woman emigrates to canada to escape shari 'a what is she to do now when Shari'a follows her? Does that mean she should give up her path to heaven? Does she have to submit to being beat "lightly"??

From the Koran
Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all). Woman sura 4:34

[edit on 29-8-2004 by looking4clues]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Is Canada a Muslim country? There is no point in having 2 sets of laws within a country. If a woman emigrates to canada to escape shari 'a what is she to do now when Shari'a follows her? Does that mean she should give up her path to heaven? Does she have to submit to being beat "lightly"??

You are once again ignoring my point.

How many Muslim countries have Sharia ?

You are in no position to qoute something of which you have not read. Have you read the Quran, Haddith and the Sunnah ?

This is getting lame...

Deep

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by looking4clues

Originally posted by Amuk
And maybe find out why they have been killing EACH OTHER.
I have heard the Christians claim that their religion had nothing to do with slaughter
I have heard the Muslims say their religion had nothing to do with the slaugther
I have heard the Jews say their religion had nothing to do with the slaughter
I have a question for all three
Why has NONE of your leaders tried to stop it?

One particular reason that sticks out, is...

From the Koran.

O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.[The Dinner Table 5:51]

Seems Allah sees Muslims as unjust and un-muslim for being friends with Jews and Christians.

Heres a website that might interest you.
www.allaahuakbar.net...

Its like people have been saying before you wont understand the quran unless you read it to gain an understanding. Your doing a hit and run by taking one aspect of Islam and beefing it up, in the process distorting the truth, to present it as the wholistic Islam. That quote definitely does not display the real islam.

Here you present us with one quote, I can do the same and present a quote to contradict your statement, "Fight in the cause of God against those who fight you, but do not transgress limits. God does not love transgressors." (Quran 2:190)

"If they seek peace, then seek you peace. And trust in God for He is the One that heareth and knoweth all things." (Quran 8:61)

Do you see where I am going with this? I'm using your exact strategy. Your missing the biggest point of all and that's putting these quotes into CONTEXT. And the only way your going to put these quotes into CONTEXT is to read a few Surah's and Ayats. Think of it like this. You cant open a biology book and read page 7 when you havent read page 1 which probably explains the main idea and clears up any misconceptions of what you will read later on in the chapter.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
And if you want to keep playing these "out of context" games, I have a list of quotes I can paste here as well

www.evilbible.com...

Thats an anti-bible site, just like those anti-islam sites. See my point?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyateLaBoca
Heres a website that might interest you.
www.allaahuakbar.net...

Why because this site is proves Islam considers, UK, USA, & Jews enemies of Islam?

From lame site you posted....
A time of Great calamity is dawning upon us. This time it is not from the Serbs, Jews, Fascist Hindus, US, UK, or Other Enemy of Islaam but from our own ranks. Like the Jews of Turkey who converted to Islaam during the latter part of the Ottoman rule, to gain positions of power and destroy Islaam from within, a certain group of people have joined ranks to discredit Islaam.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
What cncerns me about that site is that some things I would consider a horrid attack on freedom of religon are awnsered with such an air of superority.
for example

Q57. Why is building of temples and churches and the propagation of any religion other than Islaam not allowed in Islaamic countries like Saudi Arabia?
Answer.

1. Example of selecting a Maths teacher:

Suppose you are a principal of a school and you have to select a Mathematics teacher. It is obvious that you will interview the candidates. If one teacher says that 2 + 2 = 3, the other says 2 + 2 = 4 and the third says 2 + 2 = 5 whom will you select? Since you know mathematics is logical, you will never select or allow a person to teach mathematics who doesnt even know the basics of arithmetic that
2 + 2 = 4.

2. Where religion is concerned Muslims are experts:

Similarly in the field of religion, Muslims are the best and Quran clearly mentions in Surah Ale Imran, Chapter 3, verse 19 (3:19):

"The Religion before Allaah is Islaam (submission to His will)". [Al-Quran 3:19]

It is further mentioned In Surah Ale Imran Chapter 3, verse 85 (3:85)

"If anyone desires a religion other than Islaam (submission to Allaah), never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (All spiritual good)." [Al-Quran 3:85]

3. No other religious scripture claims that its religion alone is true.

There is no other religious scripture on the face of the earth besides the Quran which says that only its religion is true, correct and acceptable to Almighty God, and that all the other religions are false and hence not acceptable to Almighty God.

If you are a principal who knows Maths, you will never allow a person to teach Maths in your school who does not know Maths. Similarly we Muslims who are experts in the field of religion and know that Islam is the only true religion, will not allow anyone to preach any other religion besides Islaam. We Muslims also know that what the true concept of Almighty God i.e. Allaah (SWT) is, and thus we will not permit anyone to build a place of worship where they worship anyone besides Allaah (swt).

Or

Q64. Why are Muslims not allowed to marry Non-Muslims?
Answer.
1. Quran Prohibits Muslims to marry unbelievers.

Quran mentions in Surah Baqarah chapter 2 verse 221

"Do not marry unbelieving women until they believe: a slave woman who believes is better than an unbelieving woman even though she allure you. Nor Marry (your girls) to unbelievers until they believe: a man slave who believes is better than an unbeliever even though he allure you. Unbelievers do (but) beckon you to the Fire. But Allah beckons by His Grace to the Garden (of Bliss) and forgiveness, and makes His signs clear to mankind: that they may receive admonition". [Al-Quran 2:221]

2. This life is a test for Here-after:

According to the Quran in Surah Mulk chapter 67 verse 2

"He Who created Death and Life, that He may try which of you is best in deed, and He is the Exalted in Might, Oft-Forgiving". [Al-Quran 67:2]

3. Concept of Salvation cannot differ amongst Life-Partners:

The ultimate goal and salvation for every Muslim is to attain paradise in the Hereafter. A true husband or a wife will also want his/her spouse to attain paradise in the here-after. How can two life-partners live together if their ultimate goal i.e. Salvation differs? Or if the ways that they have chosen to lead to this goal are different? Such a marriage would be like a vehicle whose one tyre is that of a cycle while the other tyre is that of a truck. How will the vehicle run smoothly? Similarly if the beliefs or concepts of salvation of the spouses differ then how can they live in congruence and achieve marital harmony?

Now I'm sorry but when you say that your s the only true religon and you will not allow others to worship or marry any but those of your religon that is not what I would call tolerant.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
mwm1331, For the first question, that all just depends on what the government is like in that country. Go back to my previous long post on this matter about governments in third world countries. Most third world governments dont even have a strong "bill of rights" like the U.S. or other first world nations. And if they do, how good are 3rd world governments at implementing the laws? Did you know that when Sadam was in power, he suppressed other muslim sects from their beliefs and committed many crimes against them? The taliban did the same thing to other muslims sub-sects as well. The quran doesnt permit the persecution of religious groups as we have seen these two governments do, muchless the persecution from muslim on another muslim. However, now in many places there are measures to allow a group to gather and pray Bangladesh, Oman, Senegal, Niger, etc. Now when you talk about "air of superiority," I'm sure the bible has many implications of superiority in one form or another, becuase you cant deny the fact that some quotes do take on a fire and brimestone style preaching. But if you want to talk about superiority, you can ask looking4clues about all that just by reading his previous posts.

As for the second quote, that really has no relevance. It's a two-sided coin. I once knew a strong heavy christian believer who would not go out with anyone outside of his religion nor would be willing to marry anyone outside of his religion. On the other hand, there are christians and MUSLIMS that marry outside their religion.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
And don't forget catholics and muslims are both pedophiles, the difference is with these two, one prefers boys and well you know the other prefers little girls...

That's so stupid it almost makes me laugh.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
It seems that religion determines our faith and how our actions reveal themselves. We encourage our "gods" to do for us. We offer sacrafice to appease their moods and beg their help and forgiveness. Yet with all the moral precepts availible from G-d and his servants, we still murder, destroy our world for profit, all proclaiming that "G-d" is on their side. The unifing tenet of these interpretations is choice. We may not agree or like the choice given us, but it is ours to accept or decline.

These 3 faiths can either be our salvation or our destruction. The choice is ours.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
kyateLaBoca - The quotes I mentioned are by a Muslm cleric who is awnsering questions to clear up msconceptions about Islam. What concerns me is the justification of intolerance in this day and age. In an earlier question the Cleric in question is advocating bringing sharia law to the U.S. Now I am sorry but when you say that a muslim may not marry a non-muslim, that a non muslim may not open a church in an entire country, that it is O.K. to ban all non-muslims from the cities of mecca and medina, And that yours is the only "one true way to heaven" that shows that you are willing to force those Ideals upon others. I believe that Christianity is the "one true way" to heaven and in and of itself there is nothing wrong with that, however when you say that because my religon is the "one true way" I am going to take away your rights as a human to marry, worship, and go where you please, then there is a problem. Your point about third world countries is taken but then again Saudi Arabia, one of the richest countries in the world, is not third world. Now what concerns me about the spread of Islam is sentiments from clerics of Islam like the ones above. What is truly scary is that he is attempting to justify Islams trampling on the rights of others in the context of "my god is better than your god" which is the same attitude that has caused millions of deaths worldwide.

Keep in mind that once you have decided that the unbelievers are worshipping the wrong religon, and you have justified taking away thier rights to worship thier own god its not a big leap to forcing them to worship yours. As a christian I know this better than most due to the actions of others of my own faith down through the centuries, luckily we grew out of it, Islam hasn't yet.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Amuk – you make some GREAT points! It is the same “GOD” – viewed from a different Perspective. All three claim to be the Absolute Truth & Hate the Others Point of View! HIPPOCRACY! In addition ALL 3 Women are treated as Mere Cattle! This is why I have been Advocating Science & Reason over Religion for a LONG TIME! “Spirituality” & “Organized Religion” are NOT the same thing! Look at all of the Problems that “Blind Faith” had caused in the World! It is simply a CONTROL SYSTEM – you are not allowed to
THINK FREELY FOR YOURSELF out side of the Group!

Quote: “I have the pastors of several churches explain to me how a child molester who believes in Jesus will go to Heaven and good Buddhist will go to Hell.”

Yeah I know Amuk – this HIPPOCRACY drives me CRAZY & has for at LEAST 10 Years now!

Leveller I also agree with you! The thing that seems to be most disturbing to me is this: In our current "Global War on Terrorism" it seems as if it has broken up into "Christian Democracies" vs. "Moslem Dictatorships". This all has an eerie feel - like the Crusades have started again in the 20th/21st Century! The problem is this OK - the ROOT of both the Christian & Islamic Religions is JUDAISM. You CANNOT get to or Conceptually Understand the New Testament & the Koran Without the Old Testament. I assumed after all of this Violence broke out in 2000 - that eventually you would see some prominent American Jews & Rabbis come out & state that Judaism has a connection to BOTH Christianity & Islam & that the Purpose of Religion & Spirituality was to Get Closer to God - it is not an excuse for WAR & MURDER & Vile Terrorism!

The only thing is that I cannot recall this happening Not once! I Have been paying VERY Close attention to the U.S. Media since DAY 1 of 9/11 - it is always US (i.e. U.S.A. & European) "CHRISTIANS" vs. all of those "Evil" ARAB MOSLEMS (i.e. automatically = Terrorist). Nothing Negative is EVER said about the Modern State of Israel. Here in America the situation is definitely being taken advantage of within the Media - I see OBVIOUS Manipulation & BIAS - Conveniently timed Jesus Movie & ALL! I can understand why the "Zionist" label has emerged once again - that is sure what it looks like!

The recent U.S. ELECTION was a PRIME EXAMPLE of this! Politicians like Bush certainly take Advantage of this! Although I am sure that Bush has lots of other things to do than Pray all day long & lots of other stuff on his Mind other than Religion - you can not deny that Religion & Ignorance & Media are being used as Tools! They are taking Advantage of these things!

Why Haven't the Jews come out & made any Statement - not just over the Events that took Place over the last 5 years - but over the last 2000 Years Since the Crucifixion? Did they really think that a Symbol such as the Cross would go un-noticed? The only thing that I can come up with is that they honestly think that they could remain silent & MANIPULATE & use Christians - which they see as NAIVE TOOLS! Well I have news for them - There are PLENTY of Sophisticated Christians!

Not all Christians are Nazi Murders you know - to think that is INSULTING! You can be a CHRISTIAN WITHOUT being an Ignorant Nazi Hate Monger! I for one RESENT the "Anti-Semitic" charge that gets slapped onto Christians & Pagans (The Swastik is a Symbol used in the Hindu & Buddhist Religions BTW - it is a SOLAR SYMBOL) that are simply & Peacefully Practicing their Religion Beliefs!

On the other Hand I believe that the Jewish People are Good People & that everything can be solved via Communications. I just wish that they would get BETTER PR! Language has a Deeper Connection to Religion & Civilization – Race & Color are only Skin Deep after all! We are all just Human People! I just had to Vent that out - Thanks!

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Remember, Jewish people don't believe that there is a "true" evil spirit, that it is a symbolic representation of what mankind has created, so they don't really care for the devil or a snake, they don't believe in an evil agnostic anti-God anti-christ or anti-semitic creature or Golemic totem cause that is why we are messing up these days that damn false prophet and his suicide morons messing with us...he is as fake as Perseus and the Clash of the Titans

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The more I learn about these religions, the more I am amazed at how similar they are. Small things, like the greeting with Shalom/Salaam/Peace be upon you. Sure, the all originated from the same area, so their customs and languages would be similar, but that can't account for all of it. Each was built upon the previous one. It is interesting that although Judaism and Islam have more in common than with Christianity (what with their food restrictions and abbhorance for Christianity's trinity) the Jews and Muslims have generally greater hatred for each other than either do for Christians. But that has more to do with land than religion.

I suppose the problems arise because of the following "similarities":
All three religions (well, two actually, you can't count the 1st one) acknowledge the religions before them as true, only saying they had been sent to "correct them".
However, all three religions (well, two actually, you can't count the last one) also do not acknowledge the one after them as being true.

All three have people who distorted their religions and used them to further their own purpose and gain power.
However, all three also have people who used them to promote peace, be charitable and do generally good things.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Quote: "The more I learn about these religions, the more I am amazed at how similar they are."

Yeah me too! Uh - my last post should read Most of the Jewish & Islamic People are good people & that their problems can be worked out via Communication! I am against certain aspects of the Media that which to say "All Moslems are Terrorists" - this is not true! There are Extremists in EVERY Institution! This stuff is all inherently Political! Members of the Media that Belong to a Certain Political Party will ALWAYS try to use the Media to DEMONIZE their Opposing Party! I am so sick of Slander!

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Lets see, the question is, "What is the differance?"

My answer:

Just a differant label on the same bottle of snake oil.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
[sarcasm]yeah we muslims are constantly told that anyone with an other religion must be killed[/sarcasm]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
First of all, media is not saying all muslims are terrorists, media is however showing us that a lot of muslims take their religion very serious, which can lead to dangerous situations for those who are not muslim in some areas.

As a christian I take my religion very serious as well, but I think the christian religion is way less agressive towards people who sin, people who do not believe and people who disagree with me regarding my religion.

There is a lot of difference between all these religions, but since christianity is basicly the "fullfilled" jewish religion (as a christian would put it) and the islamic religion is just a cheap rip off of the old testament (as some christians would put it) for christians these religions do not come down to the same at all.

The most important aspect of the christian religion is Jesus, God becoming human, and entering His own creation to pay for the sins of creation itself to balance it all up for us. This aspect is not seen in any of the other religions, and this is what sets christianity apart from any other religion in the world.

Christianity gives you something and does not ask anything back. There are no conditions just the choice of accepting the gift or rejecting it.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join