It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam, Christanity and Judisam.....What is the difference?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

Now, how many Christian fanatics exist in this world ?

Deep

Zero.

There are none. This is inconsistent.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip

The whole ignorance of Christianity towards other religions is based on this one thing, those who do not accept Jesus as their saviour are doomed.

I won't give you a "cut and paste (due to earlier "outrage
) but I will point you to the tale (parable) of the Good Samaratin.

Samaratins were villified in the jewish community (remember Jesus was a Jew), Luke 10:29 . There are other tales of Jesus among the Samaratans.

If you have heard (as a child hears) then fear not. John 8:43.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   

According to you Muslims... we righteous christians are fundamentally WRONG!! but still going to heaven. So what is the reason Islam needs to convert anyone? Kill the non-belivers where you find them.

Are you aware that there is no such command in Islam?
Anyways, you are confusing Islam with forceful conversion Christians practiced till about 100 years ago. It was accept Jesus or die. All the dead native americans are the proof of that. Sadly.

Anyways, back to conversion in Islam, I quote Qur'an:

[2:256] There shall be no compulsion in religion.

[10:99] Had your Lord willed, all the people on earth would have believed. Do you want to force the people to become believers?

[18:29] Proclaim: "This is the truth from your Lord," then whoever wills let him believe, and whoever wills let him disbelieve.

As for going to Heaven, I can only point out the verses in Qur'an regarding that, since men are not allowed to judge about it. I can't tell you for sure who is going and who is not going, I can only give you my interpretation of it. If I remember correctly, Jesus said the similar thing, do not judge others.
I quote the Qur'an again:

2:17 Those who believe, those who are Jewish, the converts, the Christians, the Zoroastrians, and the idol worshipers, God is the One who will judge among them on the Day of Resurrection. God witnesses all things.

PublicGadfly, noted, I will read that part.

kyateLaBoca, great post, well said

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
"Khartoum was fighting to protect Islam and sharia against non-Muslims. Many of the Christians and animists who resisted sharia and refused to convert to Islam were killed, with the death toll from two decades of fighting recently estimated at around 2 million."
slate.msn.com...

Actions speak louder than words.

Answer my questions....

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by looking4clues
Answer my questions....

You haven't asked any pertinent questions.
All you have done is responded with hypocrisy. You claim that the people who kill in the name of the Bible aren't Christians, yet you'll then contradict your argument by branding the Taleban as Muslims.

As Deep pointed out earlier - you aren't discussing religion. You're picking on social/political differences. This clearly shows you to be ignorant of the subject being discussed here. I find it difficult to understand how someone who claims to be a Christian can tie politics into a discussion about religion to further their argument. You've basically fallen prey to the same cancer which affects all fundamentalists - you can't see the god for the hatred that is caused through the political differences.

As I've stated before: you most certainly are not a Christian yourself. You neither understand Christianity or seem to even convey any of the positiveness that it can portray. You are totally ignorant of both it's message and it's history. Yet even though you know nothing of the religion that you profess to follow, you claim to know all these things about Islam.

As someone who has read the Bible and who has studied the history of Christianity (and Islam, although to a lesser degree), I find your hateful ignorance to be offensive. It's very hard to agree with someone who claims to know everything about such an emotive subject yet displays a complete lack of knowledge when push comes to shove.

Now, I'm sure that you would like to see Islam destroyed, but I'd much rather we could first weed out the cancer in our society such as yourself.

[edit on 28-8-2004 by Leveller]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Was Jesus a prophet?
Did Jesus Die on the Cross during crucifixion?
Jesus ascended into heaven alive or dead?
Is Jesus still alive in heaven?
Is living forever divinity?

[edit on 28-8-2004 by looking4clues]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
You haven't asked any pertinent questions.
All you have done is responded with hypocrisy. You claim that the people who kill in the name of the Bible aren't Christians, yet you'll then contradict your argument by branding the Taleban as Muslims.

I have never said anything about people who kill in the name of the Bible. Why lie?

LMAO!!! The Taliban is not Muslim? Why Lie?

As Deep pointed out earlier - you aren't discussing religion. You're picking on social/political differences. This clearly shows you to be ignorant of the subject being discussed here. I find it difficult to understand how someone who claims to be a Christian can tie politics into a discussion about religion to further their argument. You've basically fallen prey to the same cancer which affects all fundamentalists - you can't see the god for the hatred that is caused through the political differences.

Go back to School. Islam has Shari a, which is a form of government, which in turn is a form of politics. It is relevant. Nowhere in the Original post was it claimed that all aspects outside of theology, within Islam or Christianity, was out of bounds. If that upsets you thats just too bad.

As I've stated before: you most certainly are not a Christian yourself. You neither understand Christianity or seem to even convey any of the positiveness that it can portray. You are totally ignorant of both it's message and it's history. Yet even though you know nothing of the religion that you profess to follow, you claim to know all these things about Islam.

I am glad you are not St. Peter.

As someone who has read the Bible and who has studied the history of Christianity (and Islam, although to a lesser degree), I find your hateful ignorance to be offensive. It's very hard to agree with someone who claims to know everything about such an emotive subject yet displays a complete lack of knowledge when push comes to shove.

You are utterly clueless. Desperate in your attempt to appease Islam you will ignore obvious faults within their religion.

Now, I'm sure that you would like to see Islam destroyed, but I'd much rather we could first weed out the cancer in our society such as yourself.

I have already explained my views on Islam your imaginative interpretation of what I have said here about Islam is inaccurate.

Thanks Now answer my questions.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Go back to School. Islam has Shari ?a, which is a form of government, which in turn is a form of politics.

Now answer my questions.

Sharia is not a form of government. It is the totality of religious, political, social, domestic and private life.

If you can't even get that basic right then you aren't even worth replying to.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Go back to School. Islam has Shari ?a, which is a form of government, which in turn is a form of politics.

Now answer my questions.

Sharia is not a form of government. It is the totality of religious, political, social, domestic and private life.

If you can't even get that basic right then you aren't even worth replying to.

www.usc.edu...
Shari'ah
Other Commonly Used Spellings: SHARIAH
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The root of this word is Shara'a; and some other names of it are Shar', Shir'ah and Tashri'. The Shari'ah is the revealed and the canonical laws of the religion of Islam.

The legislative power in the government lies in the hands of legislative assembly. The legislators are to make rules and regulations within the scope and dimensions of the Qur'an and the Sunnah of the Prophet (s.a.w.). These rules constitute the Shari'ah.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Uh so?
That doesn't prove it to be a form of government either.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This thread has given me a headache....
Heres a bible quote for certain people on this thread to ponder
Mathew 7:1 through Mathew 7:3

7:1
Judge not, that ye be not judged.
7:2
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
7:3
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   

"Khartoum was fighting to protect Islam and sharia against non-Muslims. Many of the Christians and animists who resisted sharia and refused to convert to Islam were killed, with the death toll from two decades of fighting recently estimated at around 2 million."
slate.msn.com...
Actions speak louder than words.
Answer my questions....

Lookingforclues I am just skimming through these posts and I hope your trying to address why islamic countries rule so aggressively rather than trying to suggest that the "quran promotes such killings and massacre," which is completely false alltogether. I was never taught such a belief and if you ask any other logical muslim they would tell you the same.

But if you are trying to address why islamic countries rule so aggresively, then I think that is an isolated question. You need to make it more general and say "Why do 3rd world nations rule so aggressively?" That really all just depends on whos in power and the corruption present in the government itself. And there is a greator chance for corruption in 3rd world nations when leaders come to power for some reason. Look at North Korea, the old Cuba, MANY AFRICAN NATIONS(EVEN THE ONES THAT HAVE NO QUARREL WITH THE U.S.). If you do your research, you will find many 3rd world African nations that have commited horrible crimes against their people and those were NOT MUSLIM nations. This corruption is NOT just limited to 3rd world islamic nations. And I think if the goal of the media is to ostracize islamic nations by pointing the finger and saying that, "it is their islamic beliefs that cause them to murder, rape, and invade other nations," then they have completely mislead everyone else who knows nothing about the psychology of 3rd world nations and their leaders.

So now you ask why does this corruption last forever? Lets take Iraq for example. Iraq was overthrown by Sadam's political party. But before Sadam's rule, did you ever hear stories of the previous government leader(Kaseem?) executing people and allowing his son's to rape 9 year old's and kill their teachers? Maybe someone can send me an article and do a comparison of Kaseem's attrocities(if he committed any) versus sadam's. The point is that it depends on who comes to power that leads nations to its downfall and once these guys come to power, they rule like its an oligararchy and its pretty tough for someone to rise up against them. So thats why this corruption lasts forever.

Now with you addressing the issue of, "Many of the Christians and animists who resisted sharia and refused to convert to Islam were killed, with the death toll from two decades of fighting recently estimated at around 2 million." Would I consider this in the name of Islam? Hell no. This goes back to the government itself and its corrupt officers. The article says they raped and murdered many. Problems like these are so common in african society, its unfortunate. Refer back to the Rwandan genocides. I hope the writer of this bias article isnt trying to take cheap shots at muslim nations when the problem is very clear for many non-muslim african nations as well.

If I recall correctly, Great Britain's own queen mary(called Bloody Mary) slaughtered and burned many protestants at the stake that refused to convert to Roman-Catholic, even clergyman. As you can see, in either case, religious textbooks did not promote such killings, but it was only the government itself. You see where I'm going with this? This is all one big finger pointing game going back and forth. On a side note, if there is any issue that really needs to be addressed, then thats the issue of terrorism and its prevention whether it be from muslim terrorists to non-muslim terrorists.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Was Jesus a prophet?

As this is a public forum I will respond. You have hung in there for days.
Sharia not definitive but easy to follow (and I need easy to follow stuff)

Sharia is often referred to as Islamic law, but this is wrong, as only a small part is irrefutably based upon the core Islamic text, the Koran. A correct definition would either be "Islam-inspired", "Islam-derived" or "the law system of Muslims".

Now if these are worng, don't blame me- I'm just a messenger

Was Jesus a prophet?
Luk 7:28 For I tell you, among those who are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptizer, yet he who is least in the Kingdom of God is greater than he.

Did Jesus die on the cross during crucifixion?
Joh 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished. He bowed his head, and gave up his spirit.
Joh 20:17 Jesus said to her, Don't touch me, for I haven't yet ascended to my Father; but go to my brothers, and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.

see above

Act 1:3 To these he also showed himself alive after he suffered, by many proofs, appearing to them over a period of forty days, and speaking about God's Kingdom.

Joh 21:25 There are also many other things which Jesus did, which if they would all be written, I suppose that even the world itself wouldn't have room for the books that would be written.

seek and ye shall find-

Satan lives forever, is this divinity?
Is this?
"he will reign over the house of Jacob forever. There will be no end to his Kingdom."

Why you are concerned with such things is beyond me. A Bible would probably prove of some use. An understanding of the Holy Spirit might be helpful.

Good luck in your search-

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by PublicGadfly
Why you are concerned with such things is beyond me. A Bible would probably prove of some use. An understanding of the Holy Spirit might be helpful.

Good luck in your search-

The Christians point of view is not in question.

Since following the conversation seems to have escaped some people, Are there any Muslims who can answer the questions...? Lookng for the answers the Koran teaches. Sorry that wasn't specified.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Was Jesus a prophet?

Yes, Jesus was a Prophet. The circumstances of his death are not clear. Here are relevant quotes:

[4:157] And for claiming that they killed the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, the messenger of God. In fact, they never killed him, they never crucified him - they were made to think that they did. All factions who are disputing in this matter are full of doubt concerning this issue. They possess no knowledge; they only conjecture. For certain, they never killed him.

[4:158] Instead, God raised him to Him; God is Almighty, Most Wise.

[3:55] Thus, GOD said, "O Jesus, I am terminating your life, raising you to Me, and ridding you of the disbelievers.

So God raised Jesus to Him and he is still there, waiting for the Judgement Day. Muslims too believe that he will return to Earth.

Is living forever divinity? No.
How do YOU define divinity? As somebody pointed out, devil lives forever too (is he divine then?), so do our souls. Are we all divine?

There is only one God, eternal being, so all monotheistic religions believe, including christianity. That means there is no one like this God, he is One.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The Christians point of view is not in question.

I hate to break it to you but ALL THREE are being questioned.

That was the intent of this thread to question their simularities and their differences, where they agree and where they disagree

And maybe find out why they have been killing EACH OTHER.

I have heard the Christians claim that their religion had nothing to do with slaughter

I have heard the Muslims say their religion had nothing to do with the slaugther

I have heard the Jews say their religion had nothing to do with the slaughter

I have a question for all three

Why has NONE of your leaders tried to stop it?

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

I have a question for all three

Why has NONE of your leaders tried to stop it?

Ahhh, now THAT is a question!

A good one at that. I have no answer to it.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Jesus was a prophet? yes and great teacher

Jesus Died on the Cross during crucifixion? No, at the very least doubtful,
there are at least 2 other literary references to his survival and/or another
being crucified in his place.

Jesus ascended into heaven alive or dead? alive. this may be a reference
to a passage associated with mariage practices and customs.

Jesus is still alive in heaven? two answers to this, if the ascention was indeed a reference to an custom passage i should think not.
if it is a reference to a passage to another plane of existance, then as
long as there is a memory of HIS teachings there is life.
Living forever is divinity? not necessarily. you might find a study of alchemy
instructive.

Najaf, Medina, and Mecca are examples of Idolatry.

following this example The various basilicas, Notre Dame's, in fact all edifaces
raised by the hand of man would be examples of idolatry. to carry this hypothisis to a logical conclusion then, only the followers of the Pagan nature based religions would be correct in their beliefs because only they worship
in a place that is totally and completely raised by the hand of The creator of All.

Zero.
There are none. This is inconsistent.

Puleeese, do these ring a bell? Jack Chick & Co., Jim & Tammy Faye, Pat Robertson, David Koresh, Jim Jones?

The Taliban is not Muslim?

The Taliban is no more representative of Islam, than the Holy Office of The
Inquisition (then and Now) is representative of Catholisism, the Cromwellian
protectorate was of Protestantism , or Hitler was of the German people.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Go back to School. Islam has Shari a, which is a form of government, which in turn is a form of politics. It is relevant. Nowhere in the Original post was it claimed that all aspects outside of theology, within Islam or Christianity, was out of bounds. If that upsets you thats just too bad.

Once again, you revert to questioning the socio-political dimensions revolving around Islam, not the context of the theology itself and in contrast to its two sisters, Christianity and Judaism.

Sharia, if we can get this clear quike, is imposed in how many Muslim countries again.......

Maybe, just maybe, you should go and read a little more on the Sharia law...

You have ignored the points that debunk your hatred. Remember, Islam is still a child, it's still about to his puberty. Levellar told us this pages before, and time and time again.

Deep

[edit on 29-8-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I hate to break it to you but ALL THREE are being questioned.

How is one to determine differences if one cannot ask a question or questions of each religion seperately?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join