It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam, Christanity and Judisam.....What is the difference?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
So I guess you wouldn't be interested in the Christian Serb massacre of Muslims at Srebrenica in Bosnia in 1995? After all, it's a failure of the past isn't it? Seven thousand unarmed civilians rounded up, taken to a football stadium and executed with machine guns.

Who Stood up to them? The United States. The United States, a predominantly Christian Nation, Led by a Christian President. Where was Islam?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by looking4clues

I don't know, which sect of Islame will provide your excuse?

Say what?? What excuse?

Again, what is the point of your posts? What are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   

LMAO!!! a few fanatics.... try 10% of Islam! 140 Million people.

I've found that number to be suspect. I highly doubt that 140 million muslims are out to kill Kafirs. If so, I'm sure not even Jesus could save you. Also, you have only given me an answer to some of my questions...

Now, how many Christian fanatics exist in this world ?

Deep

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

Jesus was the ultimate revolutionary, he believed totally in free will. If you (as an example only) choose to befubble or twist or change what is the truth then you will be denied the truth.

No. Subjectivly, yes, he was the ultimate revolutionary. History dictates otherwise.

Looking4clues,

Paperclip is right, you have ignored posts that debunk your hatred of Islam. If you want to bash Islam, go somewhere else, not here.

Deep

LOL I answered your questions about Islame, Answer these:

Jesus was a prophet?
Jesus Died on the Cross during crucifixion?
Jesus ascended into heaven alive or dead?
Jesus is still alive in heaven?
Living forever is divinity?

I do not hate anyone. Anger and hate are different emotions, thus they have different names. I have not advocated killing anyone. I do however blame Islame for for not doing anything to stop murderous fundamentalism/extremism. As far as Believing in the Koran and Mohammed, I dont. I don't believe that God will ignore my cries for help because my feet are dirty.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Thats it, I give up.

I am going back to the original discussion here.

One of the differences is how you get to Heaven. In Judaism and Islam it is about leading a righteous life, the 10 comandments and all. It is about works and deeds. The focus of worship is on God, and God only, Moses and Mohammad are seen as prophets, mortal humans who have sinned.

Focus of Christianity is on salvation through Jesus, one must accept that Jesus' mission on this planet was to die for our sins. That is the part I don't quite understand. According to Bible, Jesus himself said that the way is through the 10 commandments, lead a righteous life, don't kill, don't comit adultery, love thy neighbour, etc, etc.
The whole ignorance of Christianity towards other religions is based on this one thing, those who do not accept Jesus as their saviour are doomed.
How did this dogma evolve? Was the sin thing a part of christianity from the very begining or was it added later? Do all gospels mention it?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   

So I guess you wouldn't be interested in the Christian Serb massacre of Muslims at Srebrenica in Bosnia in 1995? After all, it's a failure of the past isn't it? Seven thousand unarmed civilians rounded up, taken to a football stadium and executed with machine guns.

Who Stood up to them? The United States. The United States, a predominantly Christian Nation, Led by a Christian President. Where was Islam?

So what?
That's not an answer. Nor is it justification.
So because another Christian nation stepped in after other Christians murdered Muslims, it makes it alright then does it?

Ok. So if I rob a bank and and somebody turns me in, I'm innocent am I?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
Thats it, I give up.

I am going back to the original discussion here.

One of the differences is how you get to Heaven. In Judaism and Islam it is about leading a righteous life, the 10 comandments and all. It is about works and deeds. The focus of worship is on God, and God only, Moses and Mohammad are seen as prophets, mortal humans who have sinned.

Focus of Christianity is on salvation through Jesus, one must accept that Jesus' mission on this planet was to die for our sins. That is the part I don't quite understand. According to Bible, Jesus himself said that the way is through the 10 commandments, lead a righteous life, don't kill, don't comit adultery, love thy neighbour, etc, etc.
The whole ignorance of Christianity towards other religions is based on this one thing, those who do not accept Jesus as their saviour are doomed.
How did this dogma evolve? Was the sin thing a part of christianity from the very begining or was it added later? Do all gospels mention it?

It states pretty clearly in John 3:16.

Islam thinks all of the Book and all of Islam are going to heaven? Islame doesn't believe they are superior to Jews and Christians? Jews and Christians are seen as 2nd class citizens under Islamic Law?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   

It states pretty clearly in John 3:16.

Islam thinks all of the Book and all of Islam are going to heaven? Islame doesn't believe they are superior to Jews and Christians? Jews and Christians are seen as 2nd class citizens under Islamic Law?

John 3:16 says that you have to believe in Jesus, not that you have to accept him as a saviour, in terms that we have all sined and he died to save us. That is how I see it. Am I wrong? If so, why?

Who is going to heaven according to Qur'an:

"Surely, those who believe, those who are Jewish, the Christians, and the converts; anyone who believes in God, and believes in the Last Day, and leads a righteous life, will receive their recompense from their Lord. They have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve. " Sura 2, Verse 62

Righteous life: thy shall not kill, not commit adultery, etc, etc.

So, all good people are equaly going to heaven, all evil people are equaly going to hell.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   

So what?
So because another Christian nation stepped in after other Christians murdered Muslims, it makes it alright then does it?

Nobody justifys the massacre of Muslims. Murderers are murderers... How you treat them is an obvious difference between Islam and Christianity. Christianity stoop up to them, whereas Islam layed down. Even today the leaders of Islam are ignoring the situation in the Sudan.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Murderers are murderers... How you treat them is an obvious difference between Islam and Christianity. Christianity stoop up to them, whereas Islam layed down.

Just what the hell has that got to do with anything?
They were Christian murderers. What does it matter who stood up and who lay down?

I'll give you a bit of free advice.
If your school has a debate team - stay away from it. You would lose in the first round.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

John 3:16 says that you have to believe in Jesus, not that you have to accept him as a saviour, in terms that we have all sined and he died to save us. That is how I see it. Am I wrong? If so, why?

Who is going to heaven according to Qur'an:

"Surely, those who believe, those who are Jewish, the Christians, and the converts; anyone who believes in God, and believes in the Last Day, and leads a righteous life, will receive their recompense from their Lord. They have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve. " Sura 2, Verse 62

Righteous life: thy shall not kill, not commit adultery, etc, etc.

So, all good people are equaly going to heaven, all evil people are equaly going to hell.

In your interpretation of John 3:16 you come to the conclusion that Jesus is the Son of God. That seems to be contrary to the teaching of the Qu'ran. There is more to Jesus than believing he lived. To believe in Jesus is to believe in his story.

Maybe your translation is inaccurate... because reading your quote of the Qu'ran it says to me I must believe in God and be righteous. But your own interpretation you claim all good people go to heaven and all evil go to hell. Under your interpretation an arguement can be made that would suggest atheists can go to heaven.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Lev,

If you have noticed, his attacks are primarily targeted towards the socio-political structure of Islam, not the theology itself, which was the intent of the thread.

He, obviously, knows very little of the theological misconceptions of Islam/Christianity/Judiasm.

Deep

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   

So what?

Nobody justifys the massacre of Muslims. Murderers are murderers... How you treat them is an obvious difference between Islam and Christianity. Christianity stoop up to them, whereas Islam layed down. Even today the leaders of Islam are ignoring the situation in the Sudan.

oooiiii
I really have to coment on this one.
There are no "leaders of Islam", such thing does not exist.

Do you really think that the world would allow Iran to military invade a country in Europe???? Just where do you live, dude??

Muslims were attacked in Bosnia, Muslims fought back. In 1992, for unexplainable reasons, an embargo was imposed on legaly elected democratic moderate bosnian goverment and Serbs were given a green light to kill. Luckly Muslims managed to smuggle weapons from Iran, Saudi Arabia, Croatia, and a few other countries, into Bosnia and defend at least a part of the teritory. At the begining, the western world was pretty much ignorant to the genocide, some even assisted it like british prime minister John Major, or Lord Owen and a few others. But then bosnian goverment used the media to inform the public in the west just what is going on in Bosnia. Of course, normal people were outraged by the events and after the massacre in Srebrenica the pressure on western goverments was too high, they had to react. During the opening ceremony of a jewish memorial ( i dont exactly remember where anymore) Clinton was talking about how we will never forget holocaust and all that. A jewish representative stood up and said "How can you stand here and lie like that? How can you stand here and talk that you will never allow it again while at the same time Serbs are murdering 1000s of muslims in Bosnia?". That was the turning point. The rest is history.
You see, the world is not so black and white and simple like you see it.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Murderers are murderers... How you treat them is an obvious difference between Islam and Christianity. Christianity stoop up to them, whereas Islam layed down.

Just what the hell has that got to do with anything?
They were Christian murderers. What does it matter who stood up and who lay down?

I'll give you a bit of free advice.
If your school has a debate team - stay away from it. You would lose in the first round.

Perhaps you want to vist the topic of this thread, And realize I am making a case on how the religions are different. It matters that Christian stood up to it. It matters that Islam will not stand up the fundamentalist clerics who teach intolerance and death, death by murder and martyr.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

So what?

oooiiii
I really have to coment on this one.
There are no "leaders of Islam", such thing does not exist.

Leaders... Scholars.... is that better for you?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Maybe your translation is inaccurate... because reading your quote of the Qu'ran it says to me I must believe in God and be righteous. But your own interpretation you claim all good people go to heaven and all evil go to hell. Under your interpretation an arguement can be made that would suggest atheists can go to heaven.

Yes, an argument can be made, and it is up to God to judge if they are going to heaven or not. As I said, Islam is basicaly about deeds, works that you do. You do your best to be a good person and God will give you your reward as he sees fit.

As for Jesus, Son of God, in my opinion that is only semantics.
If you think about it, God is an almighty, all-present, all-powerful entity. He creates, ergo what he creates is his CREATION. Human beings have sons and daughters, God has creation. Muslims believe in virgin birth of Jesus, that God CREATED him, that Jesus could do miracles and all that. We just do not use the term Son of God, because that either puts God down to the level of humans, or raises humans to level of God. Both are not allowed in Islam.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Lev,

If you have noticed, his attacks are primarily targeted towards the socio-political structure of Islam, not the theology itself, which was the intent of the thread.

He, obviously, knows very little of the theological misconceptions of Islam/Christianity/Judiasm.

Deep

LOL Now that I can exploit the lack of effort and respect put into the thought of the original post and clearly point out differences, you all persecute me. That is comical.

Quite Obviously the the mosques in Najaf, Medina, and Mecca are examples of Idolatry.

Answer my questions. I answered yours and you called disrespected me for it by implying that I ran to look them up. I don't even know which or if any are correct but your response leads me to think I do know what I was talking about. You offer no other alternative ending.

According to you Muslims... we righteous christians are fundamentally WRONG!! but still going to heaven. So what is the reason Islam needs to convert anyone? Kill the non-belivers where you find them.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by looking4clues]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Difference is really easy. And they DO NOT believe in the same God. Allah was a Moon god from mecca's polytheistic society before muhommed the pedophile arrived on scene and took the Greatest of the gods as he is still called, and the moon is still in islams symbol... but to the difference.

In Christianity God sent his son to die for you......

In Islam you must send your son to die for god.

hmmm....I think you have been mispercieved. You need to check up on your research from a scholarly source. They do believe in the same good. If you ask any muslim, whats the difference between your god and my god, they will tell you they believe in the same god, NOT DIFFERENT GODS. The difference between the religions is a matter of ceremony, tradition, and belief in how you get there and what happens when you get there(heaven).

As for calling Allah a moon god, we have never acknowledged him as such nor do we plan to! I dont know why you would post something inaccurate as this. Allah is considered to be the god of everything becuase he created everything and hes soul is everywhere. So with that logic, he is the god of the sun, moon, earth, and people. But he is NOT a "moon god" as you would percieve it.

As for saying Allah was a moon god in early meccan society before mohammad. You should know that there were many idols they prayed too. But when mohammad tried to preach to them all of Allah's existence, they met him with STRICT OPPOSITION! In fact the people wanted his head on a stick for that idea. So I dont think you can acknowledge Allah as a moon god in which the people believed in.

I think you also misconeptualize the idea of, "In Islam you must send your son to die for god." Jihad refers to the idea of fighting for your religion in the face of danger but not for the sake of opposition and global dominance. Many terrorist mispercieve the idea of jihad. As bush has said, this is a war on terror, NOT ISLAM. And perhaps maybe for oil as well, but thats another issue in itself. And also you do know the Quran has been edited many times right? Not by mohammad or Ali but by citizens who had no right to edit it. But if you want to really understand what Islam is about, go to someone whos apart of the religion and not to some prejudice website with no factual data and remodified quotes.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by kyateLaBoca]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Lev,

Deep

LOL Now that I can exploit the lack of effort and respect put into the thought of the original post and clearly point out differences, you all persecute me. That is comical.

Quite Obviously the the mosques in Najaf, Medina, and Mecca are examples of Idolatry.

Answer my questions. I answered yours and you disrespected me for it by implying that I ran to look them up. I don't even know which or if any are correct but your response leads me to think I do know what I was talking about. You offer no other alternative ending.

According to you Muslims... we righteous christians are fundamentally WRONG!! but still going to heaven. So what is the reason Islam needs to convert anyone? Kill the non-belivers where you find them.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by looking4clues]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Jesus was the ultimate revolutionary, he believed totally in free will. If you (as an example only) choose to befubble or twist or change what is the truth then you will be denied the truth.

No. Subjectivly, yes, he was the ultimate revolutionary. History dictates otherwise.

Deep

I disagree. Jesus showed the way for all humanity to live freely and guiltlessly.

Man does what man does.

God through Christ gives life eternal.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join