It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam, Christanity and Judisam.....What is the difference?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

One questions, though as ignorant as it may sound, who is Pat Robertson, I have heard his name come up here and there, but nothing do conclusive. Does he have a fundamental role in politics and world affairs?

Deep

Read up on him, any major religious figure has a role in politics.

Imagine that the US is under the control of a despot and we have our own Gestapo that monitors and regulates political movements in the country. The government kills, maims and tortures at will to keep things in order. Oppresion is a sure-fire way to spark religion in people, because religion is what people turn to when they have nothing else and need great hope: they build great faith.

Faith and religious feelings are universal in all human beings. The reason Muslim martyrs are saying God is Great when they're fighting or rallying or kamikazing is because they are drawing on the faith that "Those who have no fear will never die."

So, the faith that Muslims have in their religion is every bit as sound as the faith Christians have in theirs.

Faith is a universal thing embodied in all people, not specific to any one religion.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
[edit on 27-8-2004 by Thinker]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Islam in reality is like one puting a faith in mohammed.
Christianity in reality is like one puting his faith in jesus.

It's your soul.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by looking4clues
What do you want me to tell you... Mohammed robbed & murdered meccan caravans that were enroute to and from damascus while in Yathrib, I know the story. I know Mohammed was betrayed by the Jews in Yathrib and Islam obviously STILL holds it against them. I know Mohammed took his adopted sons wife as his own. I know Mohammed too a 6yr old for a wife.
All of this and Islam claims Mohammed and Jesus and the other prophets were without sin.

Sir all the above is a sin. Mohammed is the False Prophet.

I know you wont answer this like you have refused to answer any of the other questions I have asked and just went off onto an anti-Islamic rant but here gos

Are you trying to say the Christians have NEVER slaughtered the Jews or the Mulsims?

Some where in your next rantings could you please fit this in?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Are you trying to say the Christians have NEVER slaughtered the Jews or the Mulsims?

No.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hi Amuk:

As far as the so-called (and much touted) "sinlessness" of R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean (you know, the Daviddic pretender who was executed for armed sedition against Rome (see Luke chapter 22:18ff) by crucifixion (a torture reseerved especially for political malefactors) during the reign of the divine Emperor Tiberius), here are a couple of questions for you:

l. If he was "sinless", why was he "baptised in the Jordan by R. Yohanon bar Zechariah specifically for the remission of sins"?

2. Why when "the rich young ruler" came up to him saying, "Good Rabbi, what must I do to be worthy of the Life?" his immediate response according to the gospels was: "Good? Why do you call me Good? There is only One who is Good."

Seems the man, at least according to the perspective of some of the primitive gospel material, was quite aware of his own weakness as a sinner....

Just a couple of thoughts off the top of my head...

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   

No.

Looking4clues...interesting. You may want to go and pick up a book or two at your local library. Look up the subject headline "The Crusades" or "Christians Killing Muslims during the Crusades"...I'm sure your find plenty of books

History rarely lies, especially when the people doing the act record it.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman

No.

Looking4clues...interesting. You may want to go and pick up a book or two at your local library. Look up the subject headline "The Crusades" or "Christians Killing Muslims during the Crusades"...I'm sure your find plenty of books

History rarely lies, especially when the people doing the act record it.

No problem, meanwhile you pick up an English book. Learn to follow dialog structure. Then read again.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Getting English lessons from someone who uses one word sentenses...now that is hilarious! I'm serious, toying with you as I'm sure many on this board will do or have done, is very enjoyable.

Now, come back with a not-so witty retort in 5....4....3....2.....

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman

Getting English lessons from someone who uses one word sentenses...now that is hilarious! I'm serious, toying with you as I'm sure many on this board will do or have done, is very enjoyable.

Now, come back with a not-so witty retort in 5....4....3....2.....

....1 I am humbled by your masterful manipulation.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Honeslty The gospels doesn't say to kill anyone. The teachings of jesus is all about being moral, obey gods laws, love you neighbour, spread the good msg.So reality if a pope order's an invasion. It's not really christian because the founder of religion was againist that.

But with Islam it'ss differenent ISLAM koran supports all what muslims do around the world, kidnappings, beheadings, starting wars. So the religious leaders of islam always have support form the teachings of the koran all the time they declare war.

They they could declare muslims must all join jihad againist the infels in order to dominate the world. That is supported in Koran so all the supporters will follow.

You also must relize that secular religion has more wars in 1900's century

World War 1 Secular war
World War 2 Secular war
Vietnam Secular War
IRAQ secular War

Secular religion is causing the most wars..

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker

World War 1 Secular war
World War 2 Secular war
Vietnam Secular War
IRAQ secular War

Depends on your definition of war. Is the Ethnic Cleansing in Darfur region of the Sudan a war? Is the Jangaweed Militia, who is empowered by the Ruling Arab Muslims, killing, raping, & razing villages and destroying food stocks, of the black muslims and black christians thus driving them over the border, fighting a war?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

World War 1 Secular war
World War 2 Secular war
Vietnam Secular War
IRAQ secular War

Depends on your definition of war. Is the Ethnic Cleansing in Darfur region of the Sudan a war? Is the Jangaweed Militia, who is empowered by the Ruling Arab Muslims, killing, raping, & razing villages and destroying food stocks, of the black muslims and black christians thus driving them over the border, fighting a war?

Yeah thats a religious war, makes you wonder whats the point of the UN if they can't resolve simple issues.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

But with Islam it'ss differenent ISLAM koran supports all what muslims do around the world, kidnappings, beheadings, starting wars. So the religious leaders of islam always have support form the teachings of the koran all the time they declare war.

Yeah, and the Bible says I should shoot doctors, take multiple wives, and kill gays. And Judaism says I have to push buildings down on residents.

Every religion has extremists.

Meet a Muslim and talk, you'll be surprised. Don't give in to propaganda.

When Muslims greet one another they say "Salam." It means peace. Kinda like "Shalom." Funny how when people greet in each other in English by saying "Peace" we think those people are hippies.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Thinker...Interesting...you hint that all Muslims want to be involved in estremist groups....that's odd!

Not every Christian wants to be part of the Ku Klux Klan, or supports Timothy McVeigh, or wants to take land and kill Native Americans! These things go both ways. Every side has fundamentalists and extremists and rarely do these people know anything about their own religion, or what it truely stands for. Both sides have committed atrocities that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy...

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   

You're a joke, dude.
All you can do in your argument is point to atrocities caused by the other side whilst totally denying those perpetrated by your own. If you can't accept the fact that both sides are guilty, you really aren't living in the real world.
It's the cry of the fundamentalist when challenged over their history - "We weren't so bad, but look at the dirty Muslims now!!". It's as if you're trying to pull down a smokescreen over the truth.

Wasn't it Jesus who said that you shouldn't judge others because you have probably sinned yourself? Yet the Christian fanatic will cast accusations left, right and centre to take the spotlight away from his own religion's failings.

It always makes me shake my head in wonder, how those who profess to be the "most Christian" seem to be those who have no understanding of or inkling to follow Jesus' teachings.

Zealots aren't part of a religious solution - they hold their religion back from developing into something that could be acceptable to all. Whilst ignorance of the type displayed by Looking4Clues is roaming unchecked in this world, Christianity is no better than the most vile religion.

By the way - "Looking4Clues"? You aren't looking for clues at all. You are blind.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Islam in reality is like one puting a faith in mohammed.
Christianity in reality is like one puting his faith in jesus.
It's your soul.

No, Mulsims put faith in the Koran and Allah, Mohammed was a mere messenger, not God himself.

Yes, this is where Christians have gone amuk, they have sacrificed thier rational for a hypothetical figure which has been proven time and time again to be nothing but a cannonized icon for which the Church used to pervert, exploit and manipulate the minds of its followers.

World War 2 Secular war

All hail Hitler and his superior Arayan race as they wipe out the Jews !

Yeah thats because stealing, terrorists can hurt the money follow, economy. Banging another man wifes causes divorce and more jobs

In reality Secularism has it's own laws in which it believes are correct. But still the society has problems, people are not happy. Meaning the secularism is not working.

Clinton banged another women
Bush lied about weapons of mass destruction

Even the leaders are not ethical or moral.

Rememember bad tree's create bad fruit.

How you expect to have a great nation when the leader is corput?

Thats such an illogical point. No wonder not a soul responded to such fallacie.

Secular or not secular, unless you are able to provide me with statistics to prove that Murder/Theft/Rape/ etc, never occured in non-secular societies, I might give you the benefit of the doubt, untill then, that's the most irational statment to come out of your mouth yet.

Funny, all these bad leaders are alsoChristians.....

Deep

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I disagree with your statements. Nothing good can come from that which is corrupt, nothing bad will come from that which is good. These "keepers" you refer to are why so many evils have been commited in the name of good.

Math 7:15 for false prophets, above

What is a season?

For the tree of goodness a season may last until the end of time.

I really don't care what is is said according to Matthew. You're giving my hypothetical and ambigious qoutes that could point in whichever direction your hearts desire. If, God, being the Omnipotent, omni etc etc etc, lord that he is, he would have made sure no other Prophets be born after Jesus...

No, these Keepers, they are men, these trees, they are religions, it's not hard to comprehend.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again,

Guns don''t kill people, people kill people !
Religions don't kill people, people kill people !

Religion, in the hands of the corrupt and vile, can/has lead to attrocities which would make the devil repent. Religion, in the hands of the pious and virtuous, can create miracles that would make Jesus look like David Blane..

Deep

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

Yes, this is where Christians have gone amuk, they have sacrificed thier rational for a hypothetical figure which has been proven time and time again to be nothing but a cannonized icon for which the Church used to pervert, exploit and manipulate the minds of its followers.

I don't agree. There are also those who have their own interpretations of Christ.

Although I don't believe in the historical man, I see nothing in the message or most elements of the surrounding myth that are actually damaging or harmful. In fact, I believe that there is much written in the New Testament that can actually enhance a person's spirituality.

Mainstream Christianity also does seem to have matured quite a bit in the last 100 years or so. People aren't forced into worshipping as much as they used to be and at last, choice is becoming a factor.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I disagree with your statements. Nothing good can come from that which is corrupt, nothing bad will come from that which is good. These "keepers" you refer to are why so many evils have been commited in the name of good.

Math 7:15 for false prophets, above

What is a season?

For the tree of goodness a season may last until the end of time.

I really don't care what is is said according to Matthew. You're giving my hypothetical and ambigious qoutes that could point in whichever direction your hearts desire. If, God, being the Omnipotent, omni etc etc etc, lord that he is, he would have made sure no other Prophets be born after Jesus...

No, these Keepers, they are men, these trees, they are religions, it's not hard to comprehend.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again,

Guns don''t kill people, people kill people !
Religions don't kill people, people kill people !

Religion, in the hands of the corrupt and vile, can/has lead to attrocities which would make the devil repent. Religion, in the hands of the pious and virtuous, can create miracles that would make Jesus look like David Blane..

Deep

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join