It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. Is Unable To Account For 36k Pounds Of Weapons Grade Uranium And Plutonium

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
And just think for a moment if this is the amount they are admitting to? What might the actual numbers be here?
I for one don't believe the amounts at all.
Let a little slip out and hide the rest.
God help us all here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Wow...thanks to OP for bringing this up, and here we have people whining about Iran becoming nuclear capable when we have this much nuclear material MISSING.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Mind Boggling to say the least

Still I have no doubt that in due time we'll all find out where it has/had been planted ..

Peace

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
My thinking is that the Uranium and Plutonium went to Israel and India as seed material for their nuclear programs.

Are there any dates for the shipments ?

Uranium and such for breeder reactors and Plutonium for a few ready to assemble devices seems very plausible to me.

If it turns out to have gone 'missing" sometime in the 70's/80's then it's a sure bet.

If it has gone missing post Cold-war.............i think somebody should probably go look for it.

Cosmic...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Syria? Libya also had nukes at a time right? Rebels take over, turn on the west now that they've secured nuclear and bio weapons? I mean we did basically let rebels take a country that had some very serious stuff. I thought that was pretty insane.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

I think they said they shipped it to like 20 some different countries right? And I got the impression it was more recent. I don't know for sure though.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by silent thunder

Not everyone can produce a nuke. That is the only safety.

With weapons grade plutonium, or uranium you don't need to produce a 'nuke'

A sufficient amount, combined with high explosives detonated in a major city would kill a majority of the population, if not all of them, and then some over time.

A nuke would destroy the city,and irradiate the survivors, the above would kill much more than it destroys.

The perfect weapon for large scale population reductions.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Not unless there are people like me who knows how to neutralize the radiation before and after.

Might as well tell you all, Look up the Reich Cloudbuster. This is an Orgone Science experiment that has many uses.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
If Bush couldnt do it www.abovetopsecret.com... by God Obama can!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Erm yeah...upon closer examination, it says over 2 dozen foreign agencies and 27 cooperation agreements.

Taking into account that each nation has several agencies and research establishments it still looks like Israel and India to me.

27 deliveries of just over 1000 pounds, each to a branch or sub-division of an Agency research establishment, probably sent via multiple routes, is exactly how a cold-war operation would move that kind of material.

Every other ally of the US already had or has nuclear facilities of their own and any exchanges of material would be small samples.

So i'm still clinging to my hope that it's in relatively safe hands at the moment.

Cosmic...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Amaterasu

Syria? Libya also had nukes at a time right? Rebels take over, turn on the west now that they've secured nuclear and bio weapons? I mean we did basically let rebels take a country that had some very serious stuff. I thought that was pretty insane.

Could be. But I don't think it will actually come from any of those countries. It will be Ours.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

You don't suppose they lost this stuff. It was stolen and sold.

You are dead wrong. Once you have the Weapons Grade Uranium it is very easy to build a simple WWII type nuke. The plans are on the net. Once you have the Weapons Grade Uranium you can get the rest of the building materinals from you local Lowes and RadioShack. Now you would be glowing in the dark when you go done with the build but that would not stop some people.
You can get the plans print on a shirt even

By the way does any one know how many nukes could be made out of 36,000 pounds?
This is not good at all.
edit on 9/17/2011 by fixer1967 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
i smell another mass genocidal attack either on isral or american soil!!

WONDERFUL!! THIS TIME THEYLL TAKE A WHOLE CITY UNDER IN THE NAME OF ''TERRORISM.''

wow, how dumb can this country be.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Could have been used by good forces against the global elite's underground base network.

David Wilcock Blog

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by backinblack

Actually. If this plutonium and uranium is enriched to weapons grade as it says in the title, it wouldn't be that hard and any country could make the bomb. It's usually the enriching process that not any country can do I believe and this stuff is all set to go for them.

Giving out weapons grade uranium is way lame of our government, I mean this is super irresponsible. What purpose would it serve other than giving them nukes basically? You don't need weapons grade for nuke energy.

Hey Vic I agree with you this time!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
thats how we will bring back the economy....just sell nuclear arms like its craigslist haha

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

You don't suppose they lost this stuff. It was stolen and sold.

You must be kidding. Any engineer who's worth his salt at MIT can produce a nuke with available stuff at Wal-Mart.

The only thing missing is the highly enriched uranium/plutonium.

Now there's 36000 pounds of it around somewhere. You only need 20-30 pounds and you can have a big nuke.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
There are not 27 countries in this world that I would trust lending money to, much less WEAPONS-GRADE nuclear fuel. This is just weird. I would like to know which countries these are, and how the US expects to make certain none of this material ends up getting "lost."

There is no way, because once the nuclear material gets into one country, anything can happen to it. It could be reported as "stolen" or something, while being sold to organizations or countries who really shouldn't have nuclear capabilities.

But then again, the fuel, although important, is not a replacement for the years of research and development that is needed to actually develop a bomb of this sort, although it is much easier today than it was in the decades the bomb was first developed. Still scary though.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
America not knowing where all that stuff is can be a bad thing, but, in Namibia they just leave it out on the beach.

Last week, Namibian authorities discovered four unguarded barrels of radioactive uranium oxide on a beach near the coastal town of Swakopmund. Each barrel is estimated to contain between 150 and 180 kilograms of so-called yellowcake, a powdered form of concentrated uranium produced in an intermediary step during the processing of uranium ore. Four people were arrested for allegedly trying to smuggle the barrels, worth an estimated $100,000, out of the country. Police are still looking for another suspect. Reports suggest that the dangerously radioactive material was stolen from the Trekkopje uranium mine owned by French energy giant Areva. Namibia is a major exporter of uranium and the mine in question is slated to become the largest uranium mine in southern Africa once it reaches full production capacity. This isn’t the first time this sort of thing has happened in Namibia. Last year three men, including an officer of the Namibian Defence Force, were arrested for being in possession of and attempting to smuggle almost 170 kilograms of uranium oxide. In that instance the material came from another major uranium mine, Rössing Uranium, 69% of which is owned by the British-Australian Rio Tinto Group, one of the largest mining companies in the world.

Story Link

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Ya see, what had happened wuz...

Uh, we were movin' around some barrels with radioactive symbols on em', and this new guy workin' the late shift, vladmir said he'd stay late after our shift and finish movin' the barrel's around and close up when he was done. So uh, cleetus gave him the keys, and we took off. Strange thing is, never saw vlad again, guess he must have gotten another job. Also strange thing is the next day, the uh, plutonium was missing. I thought maybe Doc Emmit Brown broke in again, and that kid Marty....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join