It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. Is Unable To Account For 36k Pounds Of Weapons Grade Uranium And Plutonium

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Link: U.S. Can’t Track Tons of Weapons-Grade Uranium, Plutonium

Theoretically, we know [where the nuclear material is kept]. But we don’t have a good accounting of where it all is. We’re relying on them. We’re not, to coin a phrase, trusting but verifying,” the source says.

Occasionally, American inspectors will travel to these sites, to make sure these sites have the proper fences and surveillance gear needed to keep their nuclear material safe. The track record wasn’t particularly encouraging. Of those 55 visits conducted between 1994 and 2010, “physical protection teams found the sites met IAEA [International Atomic Energy Agency] security guidelines on 27 visits, did not meet IAEA security guidelines on 21 visits, and the results of 7 visits are unknown because the physical protection team was unable to assess the sites, or agency documentation was missing,” the report notes.

The U.S. is demanding more security and more accountability, to cope with a world in which terrorists have nuclear ambitions — and 20 major atomic smugglers has been caught in the last two decades. Many countries haven’t caught up with those changes.

What swear words should I use?

%$#!, %$#!, %$#!, %$#!, %$#!, %$#!!!

edit on 9/17/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I think we all know where it is located. It is being planted in L.A. | NYC | for a nuclear attack on U.S.A. Soil and they will blame it on Israel. They need to blame it on somebody to make it look like another Terrorist attack. USA land of the free

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by silent thunder

Not everyone can produce a nuke. That is the only safety.
You don't suppose they lost this stuff. It was stolen and sold.

A low yield nuke like hiroshima is a doddle to make with enough high grade plutonium. The tricky stuff is high yield from low quantities which requires accurate timing. You can build a nuke with no timers or explosive detonators
.....if you have the physicists who know what quantities are required. The most difficult thing is handling it without dying!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
36,000 pound of weapons grade plutonium...????? Seems like an awful lot of stuff to go missing....mmm???

maybe, just maybe ----- THIS IS A BULL # ARTICLE FROM A BULL # WEB-SITE.....

Yet another reason why ATS is dead....you guys will believe anything....

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
No but they have been talking up "dirty bombs" lately..

Isn't this stuff ideal for those??

If this turns out to be true then that would be my concern as well.
Not of a nuke going off.
edit on 17-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
You know.....now that i think about it.....it becomes even more re-dick-u-lous...

we can make 36,000 pounds but we just don't know how to secure it???

what a joke...this is worse than the 9/11 crap on this site.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

It is rather careless of the American government to lose such a vast quantity of weapons grade plutonium, that is indeed if it is lost. We (my friends & I, not the little green sort either haha) are ascribing our belifes to the fact that something such as this can not be missplaced, lost, unaccounted for... whatever. Material such as this should definately not be given away, to anyone ! If it was Britain that had made such an apparent mistake then the (UN haha) would be going over the top about it. Heads would roll, sanctions & punishments would be handed out ad lib, Britain would be made an example of & our country would never hear the end of it. This mistake (haha) has been made by the US government & if such a thing has actualy happened we believe nothing much will come of it, it shall be swept up under the rug & nothing more will be said.
This is as another member stated a great way to start WW3 if the PTB are feeling that way inclined, after the twin towers & countless other atrocities the US & British government has been acountable for it would not surprise me in the least if a dirty bomb crops up somewhere, more than likely set off by some unexistant branch of one of our governments for the NWO to step up & officially be created.
These are dark times my friends, life is precious, we must treasure every moment as though it will be our last. Just one more closing thought; does nobody else think it strange that the MSM are not picking up on this more, they are a circuss we know but surely if fear was intended then the word would be out more than it is. Very worrying news, good post S&F to you

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
plausible deniability much?

now a suitcase nuke false flag attack is closer to fact than fiction...

probably gonna blame iran too..

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Thats alot of material. Its been a while since i event though of nuke physics but isn't that a enof material to make 210 small nukes.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Read the monthly "Event" reports from the NRC, Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

In July a contractor hired to pick up and deliver nuclear material for DOD disappeared with some nuclear material.

I bet if you started doing some math you'd find the US lost hundreds of thousands of pounds of nuclear material in the last decade.

With the Federal Govt. cut to nothing now, it's a sure bet they likely don't have enough people to trace any of it down.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I highly doubt the US government is so incapable they 'lose' things like nuclear material. This just an easy way for them to transfer it to black programs.

My 2 Cents

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CORPORATION has a habit of losing things, even money. This is because the American government is the world's largest employer, with over 250,000 people working for it on a daily basis, in one capacity or another. This is not counting paid "assets" some of which haunt these forums. Our Founding Fathers wanted small government, with limited resources and funding. Instead what we got was a "Democracy," which is actually an Empire that is hell bent on conquering all of the Middle East. I am left to wonder, when this effort is accomplished fully, who will be the next target?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The amount of materials = 36k that means roughly forty lbs in american speak doesnt it?
I think you are mistaking Kilos for 000s of lbs.
Secondly this material was given out in laboratory size quantities for research purposes, and not shipped en masse to one recipient.
27 countries recieve 36 k that averages our to little over a lb apiece no?
Still, dirty bombs could be constructed of the materials,plutonium itself is highly toxic, though and a lb or so in a water supply say, would be pretty ugly for victims.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

38,580 pounds of enriched uranium
1 pound = 0.45359237 kilograms
Which gives you circa 17 tons. A loooot of candy to share.

edit on 17-9-2011 by stainlesssteelrat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamieastronaut
plausible deniability much?

now a suitcase nuke false flag attack is closer to fact than fiction...

probably gonna blame iran too..

If they want to invade Iran, they don't need a new excuse, they have been building a case for the last 10 years.

However if they want to impose some kind of a martial law blaming home-grown terrorism, they would need a new excuse.

If there is an "attack" you can be sure the "enemy" will be a domestic one and not a foreign one.
edit on 17-9-2011 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
so any bets on if a bunch of money is gonna show up all of a sudden and fix this financial mess and perhaps the Saudis got some new shiny toys to point at iran.......i mean the Saudis are richer then most and if any one could purchases nukes discretely i think it would be them

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Many Hiroshima type weapons could be made from this amount of material.

The critical mass of an uncompressed sphere of bare metal is 110 lb (50 kg) for uranium-235 and 35 lb (16 kg) for delta-phase plutonium-239
Wiki Fission Weapon

This is serious.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
18 tons of nuclear material thay is unaccounted for. I'll take bets that a large part of it is sitting in some Government warehouse mislabeled.

Nobody is mentioning the hundreds of tons of nuclear material that Russia can't account for, including entire warheads.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
My guess is this "lost" Plutonium is going towards "non official nuclear weapons states" -- namely; Israel, Saudi Arabia and Dubai.

Maybe some others as well.

I know we had an agreement with India -- and they get "weapons grade" -- in exchange of course for "Mangos" due to George Bush's savvy bargaining. However, it was probably strategically necessary, as our "support" for the unwelcome Pakistani government would otherwise force India to cozy up to China too much.

However, Israel and the Saudis own our politicians and THAT is probably the reason they get support.

>> But just guessing, it's not like any of us really know what is going on -- other than the OFFICIAL story is the least likely to be true.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Don't forget South Africa. They were in on the deal with the testing and development that benefited Israel. I wouldn't be too surprised if they're still holding on to some of that stuff.

(Yes, they have mined their own uranium. But refining enough in quantities to develop a sizable weapons stockpile? Hmmm... Might have had some help there.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join