It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autopsy: Woman died from shot fired by deputy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

That is your opinion. How was he to know? She didn't give him a chance to figure it out, instead, running over his foot.

No no, he didn't give her a chance by killing her!

edit on 17-9-2011 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by spoor

Well said, like I have stated I am not totally disagreeing with you here. But still, there was no obvious attempt to harm anyone after the fact (as far as I know) and though she was running from the cops, a shot to the tire of the car seems more befitting to the crime. I mean, a foot for a foot. She was shot in the chest... That makes me believe that the cop wasn't aiming to stop her, he must have been aiming to kill her

Thats why forensics,and the DA are involved in this investigation. The officer isnt being held,or charged with homicide. A shot to the tire,albeit is a great place to shoot,but as the story goes,These officers where involved in a investigation at the time. There was an alleged second person in the car also,putting the officers in greater danger,with 2 suspects to deal with. She already forced the issue with hitting him with the car. All she had to do was STOP ! I dont see why people dont get that? If she stopped,and THEN they shot her,I would be right there with you,up in arms, claiming police brutality,trust me. You say shoot at a tire,I say shoot to stop her from running down anyone else,God forbid !!!!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

And your right about supporting people in jail. Just kill 'em all. We have better things to do with our tax dollars.

You can't be serious. Would you, if you were able to, just summarily execute anyone in jail for any type of crime whatsoever? Shoplifters, vagrants, forgers, you'd just kill them all? Or would you just kill the violent offenders, what?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Yeah. I'm sure that's what the lawyers will say.
I'm sure all his cop buddies will say the same thing. I'm sure you feel real proud when cops assigned to "serve and protect" get away with this kinda thing all the time.

Welcome to the police state, and it's only gonna get worse from here.

Ha, here is an idea, don't steal a car while you have a warrant, and run over the foot of a deputy.

A police state is welcome when people like you think this kinda crap from an idiot is justifiable. This belongs on and episode of worlds dumbest criminal.

In fact, if people didn't commit crimes, we wouldn't even need deputy's. Which do you think is worse? Criminals, or the people tasked with apprending them?

For all your whining about a police state, wouldn't it just be easier to ask people to have some morals, and not committ crimes to begin with?

Silly argument, I know, it's a yin yang thing to people like you who think criminals should have all the rights!
edit on 17-9-2011 by Blanca Rose because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Sounds like the lady panicked and tried to get away rather than aiming for cops with her car. Big difference.

So why would the cops aim for her head and not the vehicles tires?
edit on 9/17/2011 by circlemaker because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by sonnny1

YES, very true she should have stopped, but didn't! Maybe she was afraid to stop because she thought she would get shot right then and there, or maybe he would tackle her and beat her with his fancy stick. Maybe he could have tazed her until she sat in a pool or drool. Maybe the cop could have just said it was ok and bought her a doughnut, who knows. The point is, someone dies in the interest of public safety? Hmm

link   

Just kill 'em all. We have better things to do with our tax dollars.

Sad...........That you view human life this way. My faith in humanity drops,when I hear these kind of statements.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Ha, here is an idea, don't steal a car while you have a warrant, and run over the foot of a deputy.

Well, here's an idea. First, find out if the person is a felon (and for what??), and second, decide if they are worthy of death because your foot got ran over?

My foot has been ran over before in the snow while trying to dig a car out.
It's really not a huge deal...perhaps some bruising and that's about all there is to that little problem.

You'd shoot someone over that? I think mayhaps you shouldn't ever go for a career in criminal justice.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant

And your right about supporting people in jail. Just kill 'em all. We have better things to do with our tax dollars.

You can't be serious. Would you, if you were able to, just summarily execute anyone in jail for any type of crime whatsoever? Shoplifters, vagrants, forgers, you'd just kill them all? Or would you just kill the violent offenders, what?

No, I am not serious. Are you? Perhaps we should take all the ones you consider to be shoplifters, vagrants and such and give them all your address.

What do ya say?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Right? Glad money is sooo important to these people. I mean, no one complains about Obama when he uses tax money from everywhere to build a million dollar bridge in Ohio, but it's definitely great to save tax money through execution.

And yes, I do think execution is necessary: situationally, not indefinately.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Well, here's an idea. First, find out if the person is a felon (and for what??), and second, decide if they are worthy of death because your foot got ran over?

It's really not a huge deal...perhaps some bruising and that's about all there is to that little problem.

You'd shoot someone over that? I think mayhaps you shouldn't ever go for a career in criminal justice.

Really? I think they should. Sounds like they'd fit in perfectly! It's a walk in job as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Well, yes, as a matter of fact, my left foot got run over by a car, and I am highly pissed that I can no longer wear high heels. I suffered broken bones. I was actually thinking to myself, where's a gun when you need one! My foot was in a flip flop at the time and not cushioned by snow.

Also, if the person ran over the foot of this officer, he must have been wondering what they were capable of next. Shoot first, ask questions later!

You are probably right. I hear the pay is lousy, for things like having your foot run over.

edit on 17-9-2011 by Blanca Rose because: quote

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by sonnny1

The point is, someone dies in the interest of public safety? Hmm

Exactly. I guess some people just think it's cool to cap whoever, whenever as long as a "deputy" is involved. Who cares what the scenario is, he "knows best". Afterall, police know what keeps us "safe"!!! Forget protecting and serving, that notion seems to be lost on many of our law enforcement officers these days, even if it involves tazing kids in elementary schools.

These days police training equals cowardly training of which involves stupid measures like in this case. If you don't agree? Well then you are a bat-%$&* insane conspiracy theorist.

edit on 17-9-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Sorry,but public safety and police brutality are a thin line. Its always been that way. If you dont like it,join a group out there to change the laws,on how Police do their jobs. Police SHOULD be held to higher standards. I believe if they do crimes,they should pay double the penalty's. I also believe they should be held to monthly psychological exams. They are there to protect and serve. Not to break the laws that they swear to uphold. I hear you,and understand your frustration.......but the lady broke the LAW,and put lives in danger. That you agree with right? So,unfortunately she payed the stiffest price anyone could pay,with her life. Unless you were there,and know ALL the facts, you cant place judgement on the officer.Not just yet,because he was doing his job, even though it seems extreme. The truth will hopefully come out. If the LEO did wrong,justice will prevail.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Well, yes, as a matter of fact, my left foot got run over by a car, and I am highly pissed that I can no longer wear high heels.

Haha, well, I guess that really shouldn't be funny, but it is for some reason.
The bigger issue here is, that you'd feel the need to shoot someone in the chest for it.
Again, if you're perusing a career in criminal justice, just..stop.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Well I can understand people's confusion on this, however the Law is very clear in that her actions did justify the use of lethal force. By running over the cops foot, even though it was just his foot, that is assault with a deadly weapon. The "weapon" in this case is the car. It is the same as if a suspect in the process of attempting to allude Officers were to ram his car into a police car, that is assault with a deadly weapon and automatically escalates the situation as well as the response to it.

I personally do not have an issue with these laws. What I do take issue with is that the Laws are not enforced equally. For example, if you fire a Taser at a Police Officer that is also considered assault with a deadly weapon and it also justifies the use of deadly force.... yet the Police can do it and it is not considered using deadly force against us.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Hmmm. I am reading some articles more clearly now. Originally, I thought that the one that was actually a criminal was the one shot and killed. However-- well read this.

Deputies were there to serve an arrest warrant on another party. That person was a no show, but deputies spotted wanted fugitive Christen Lea Vargas, 27, as they were heading back out to the parking lot.

Vargas has a long rap sheet including felony convictions for theft, criminal impersonation and being an accessory to crime. She has been on the run since August when she walked away from a community correction facility, according to court records.

Vargas was with one other female in a silver Hyundai Accent bearing stolen license plates. When deputies approached, Vargas sped off, striking one deputy in the foot.

The deputy fired a single shot into the fleeing vehicle. Deputies lost the car after a brief high-speed chase.

Three hours later, an anonymous caller contacted police to report that a woman, who was involved in the Chief Motel incident earlier in the day, was at Memorial Hospital.

Deputies found her in the back seat of the same silver Hyundai that was involved in the hit and run with a gunshot wound. She died a short time later.

The name of the woman who died at the hospital is not being released until an autopsy is complete.

From here

Well... They identified that there was the criminal they wanted in the car... and now (due to them saying that they wouldn't release the name of the deceased yet) I understand that the one who died wasn't even the one that they were after....

That really sucks!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant

No, I am not serious. Are you?

Somewhat. Evidently you are just trolling, though. Fair enough, and infinitely preferable to you being a psychopath.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

"Vargas sped off, striking one deputy in the foot." Gotta love that terminology..... "Striking one deputy in the foot" like it was a bullet or something..

Maybe if the idiot got out of the road, she wouldn't have "ran over" the guys foot causing the ever horrible life-threatening "contusions".

edit on 17-9-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

No, no need to aim for the chest. A good maiming would suffice. Let's just say, and I think I mentioned it before, perhaps the deputy was a bad shot. He was within his rights to shoot her though, and ask questions later.

In Phoenix, where I live, there was an incident, and I can't recall the year, where a policeman pulled into a bank teller line where a woman was kept waiting for him because she had tried to cash a bad check. Upon seeing the officer arrive in front of her, she tried to flee, nearly running him over.

She did not hit the guy with her car, or run over his foot. He shot at her though, and killed her, because she was using her vehicle to get away, almost running him over in the process.

She also had a child in the back seat of her car.

He was found not guilty of shooting her.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join