It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me or there is a light body near the moon ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

ooppss.. I meant it is NOT Jupiter as far as the *star maps* are concerned..*lol* can Jupiter move concerning a map? Can it be in one position ..is this case...under the moon, and then move to literally diagonal and to the right of the moon?

Perspective of where your standing? or... located.. or...time?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I have not even read the replies but I would guess JUPITER is mentioned several times. It only takes a minute to check these things out.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

The Moon travels 12 degrees or 24 times it own diameter across the sky each day. The Moon will be away from Jupiter by this evening.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

The Moon travels a good distance across the sky each day. It does the 360 degrees in less than 30 days.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
uhhmmm...are you guys sure it is NOT 'asteroid vesta', the brightest asteroid in our system, and the largest asteroid in the asteroid belt? I have been observing it now since it entered orbit and yeah, last night It was right next to the moon....or maybe I've got all my facts wrong...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by unknownman024

The first reports of this occurred when Jupiter was next to the Moon. The Moon has moved a considerable distance across the sky since then.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

so it is not Vesta?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by unknownman024

Vesta was near the Moon last week but is now far from it.
Vesta is just barely visible to the naked eye, you have to be looking for it to see it. Jupiter, on the other hand, you cannot miss.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Not sure what you're looking at but Jupiter is right where it is supposed to be according to my software. Jupiter and the Moon both change position from night to night, the Moon more so than Jupiter. The very word "planet" means "wandering star". The ancient Greeks, and earlier, noticed while most stars appear fixed some move slowly over time. Take a basic Astronomy course, they're fun.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You have not been the only one to see this....here is a video on You-tube and some comments below it....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Yep, just a lil ole planet...hehe..
Or, as the little girl next door used to say, is THAT JUNIPER?!!!
I notice it last night, then verified with Google sky....

When my son was a little boy he looked out the window at a sliver of moon and said, look Daddy, a piece of moon ! We still call the first and last quarter a piece of moon. We are moving into the more interesting time of year for star gazing. The winter sky has much more to see from the northern hemisphere. I look forward to seeing Orion full on in another month or two.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

The thing is that this video states it is a UFO when what I saw was not it, it was not moving at all. Second this video is dated September 3rd 2009 when it was ulpload which means it is not related to what I saw in my opinion.

Thanks anyway for the video, interesting stuff.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Thanks for these little lines of comments. I do agree too on it and it is appreciated that you took some time to put into perspective what I consider true personal thought on a subject.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

There seems to be a bunch of people getting bent out of shape lately because others dare to ask questions. Not sure what that is about. I just hope they never have a question.... They will never find the answer because they think it is awful to ask a question.

It's because this question was asked the night before. And Multiple times this past summer. All it takes is a quick ATS search, or google search, or heck they could even go the extra mile and find a star guide and look for themselves.
And then when many people people told him what it was, he acted like he didn't believe them: "We'll just have to wait and see."

Again, the people making these threads aren't doing it because they want to know what the object is, They are doing it because they think they found Nibiru. Why else would they put it in the 2012 thread?
They aren't just asking a question.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

My thought on it was that it was Nibiru to be honest at first. The fact that some people think is Jupiter is a nice thing because it makes a divergence of opinion on the subject.

Whether what I think it is or it is not, it does not matter. What is important is that I get answers because I asked a question anyway if I wrote the '' let's wait and see ''.

That is about it.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Thank you for being so nice about my mistake. Next time I will be more careful. Live and learn! (lol)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
reply to post by Ghost375

The fact that some people think is Jupiter is a nice thing because it makes a divergence of opinion on the subject.

Thruthseek3r

The fact of the matter is it's a fact it's Jupiter.
You're embracing ignorance. This is one of the very few subjects where having a divergence of opinion is a bad thing.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Firstly I was one of the irritated on first reading about this light near the moon, also being in the Southern Hemisphere jupiter is on the other side of the moon, and further away?
So there you go we all learn if we stop relating everything to our own perspective?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

You are very welcome, it is a pleasure to me. Mistakes happens some times and it is what is just beautiful of us humans

Thruthseek3r

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join