It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me or there is a light body near the moon ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
ugh, I have a feeling there's going to be a post like this every night for the next month...
I'm happy people are awakening to their surroundings, but c'mon look it up yourself before thinking you just found Nibiru and creating yet another thread about it.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by Blanca Rose

"Light Body" is a way of the OP describing something they dont understand. They dont know what it is so just call it a light body...as in a bright object...as in Jupiter

Thats my guess anyways...here in the UK there is nothing next to the moon thats not supposed to be there

Thanks for answering. Perhaps I am reading this wrong, but I also think they mean something else by the moon besides a star or planet. That is why I would like clarification if they are seeing 2 things rather than 1.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
Well if it is Jupiter it appears to be very bright, but anyway we will see as time goes by.

Thruthseek3r

Yes, Jupiter is very bright. It's 1000x the size of Earth.
It's visible for ~6 months of the year. It's nearing it's closest point to Earth. October 28th-29th is the closest date...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

OP never said it was anything. I'm fact he was quite clear in his post that he didn't want to say it was something specific. Instead OP turned to ATS for answers. That's what we do here.

I didn't know what it was either and wanted to find out..

Now I think I want to buy a nice telescope. I've been inspired to do so.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I did see the "light body" you were talking about. I agree with the rest of the posters who say it is jupiter, but I saw something interesting about the moon tonight. It seemed me floating in this cylinder of light. Picture the moon being abducted in one of our hollywood movies, with the light beam that comes down from the UFO.

Yea picture that and that what I saw in the moon. And it seemed to me the bottom of the moon was deformed or maybe it was a cloud.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

That's amazing that I came on here and found this thread accidentally after I noticed the same thing about 2 hours ago. I didn't think too long about it at that time, but it definitely stood out more than I've seen any other heavenly bodies do before. I agree with most here that it's probably Jupiter. It was a very unusual sight though, the sky here is very obscured by cloud cover tonight and I was surprised to see this other large bright object so close to the moon when I can't really see any stars.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Am I alone in getting old crotchety thought?....or are others growing tired of obviously false /misleading/moronic threads?
Ok don't need to be here, but its becoming more and more common....blantantly false threads , asking inane questions, that lead in circles.
A light body near the moon?
In waht context?
ATS is about creative thought . not idiocy?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Wow. The flaming here is intense. Op just wanted to know what the bright object in the night sky was.

Geez

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
get Google Sky Maps for your phone...Hold it up to the area where you are looking and it will tell you what it is.
My guess is Jupiter, it's very bright white.
The planets basically follow the same path as the moon.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Ha my phone said Uranus so much for that.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I'm seeing it from Canada as well, just got in my house and I figured it would be on ATS for sure... Guess I was right eh.

Very cool though, I've never been able to identify Jupiter in the sky before. It looks great.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Exactly I wanted ATSers opinion on what it co idiocy or anything else negative here in this case. Only informationI am seeking from the users that is it and all.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

"http://imgden.com/14438/th/jupmoon.png" border="0">
More Stellarium shots
imgden.com...

Also, check out my blog www.facebook.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
hmmm... had a look at the moon at the time and saw something very bright behind the moon on the right side. somewhere behind or maybe even from inside one of the craters where it is the widest. My first thought was jupiter also (because of the brightness) but quickly gave up on that one. Besides I had some looks at jupiter earlier, and it wasn't even near. (Come to think of it, jupiter wouldn't have looked like that with that sort of magnification.)

Like I said, it almost looked like one of the craters was lit up. OR if a very bright star was just peaking out from behind the moon. Brightness-wise it was brighter than anything else on the moon. It stayed for as long as I was looking, until clouds got in the way.

In the end I settled for something like the sunlight hitting the far end of a crater, but still weird. But since I noticed this post, I just thought I wanted to mention it.

caveat: my second look with the telescope. 3.5", 700mm focal length, 8mm eyepiece + 2x barlow.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
Well if it is Jupiter it appears to be very bright, but anyway we will see as time goes by.

Thruthseek3r

Planets often appear very bright in the sky. Jupiter is the largest planet in your solar system, so, I imagine it is bound to be pretty bright.

But it really is Jupiter. Nothing else in that area of the sky, that fits your description.

Side note: Don't let some of these posters discourage you.You had a question. No harm in asking.

There seems to be a bunch of people getting bent out of shape lately because others dare to ask questions. Not sure what that is about. I just hope they never have a question.... They will never find the answer because they think it is awful to ask a question.

edit on 17-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
It really is Jupiter. I hauled my Meade ETX-90 out in the yard to verify with my own eyes. That or it's got a fleet of smaller UFOs orbiting around it.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
When I seen your post last night before I turned off the system I made a mental note to go check out the moon and this bright star you're talking about. Just as you said... huge bright star, right of the moon.

There's a lot of people on here (with pics) saying the star is Jupiter. However, looking at my pics, this bright star is NOT in the location of Jupiter.

I used my IPhone to take the pictures...the Moon and this Star/? were the only visible *lights* in the sky that I was able to see. The rest were sooo faint I had to squint. It was partially cloudy last night.

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

I have the photo's posted on my facebook wall because I uploaded them from my IPhone. I then transferred them
over to Photobucket. I don't know if you can see the *full* image using photobucket... because I can't... so here's the link to my FB so that you can view the photo in it's original size which shows both the moon and the star very clearly.

Photo's on FB

P.S. my bright star is right in the location you said... to the right. Jupiter by all the pics I've seen..is almost right below the moon... right?
edit on 17-9-2011 by tracehd1 because: p.s. add

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I just had to leave you a comment and tell you I totally agree with you when it comes to folks getting bent out of shape when it comes to certain subjects etc..etc.. you were wondering why? Well, I've got the answer...ha~

Those people that get upset the most and turn *vile* is because...*drumROLL* YOU have dared to question their authority, their authenticity on certain subjects. In other words it's just like grabbing their nutsac and asking is that all there is? lol

When certain people speak, that's it! The problem has been solved.. no more questions please~! *lol*

I hope NO ONE ever let's an individual make them feel *less then* for asking any question. I get so sick of the god-like complex out of people these days... they walk around as if they are entitled more so then the next chap. You want to really see what I'm talking about? Either get in your car and drive around... watch how people act on the road... *sigh* or... go stand in a long line........................ ha!~

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It is Juptier, I'm guessing that since this is one of a few post's that I have recently read without searching the topic, That Alot more people are looking up and becoming alot more aware of Our Sky, Whether it's U.F.O's, Nibiru, Elenin, Uars or the simple (complex) going on's in Our Solar system, Something's making us look and observe

cheers Oz

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

ooppss.. I meant it is NOT Jupiter as far as the *star maps* are concerned..*lol* can Jupiter move concerning a map? Can it be in one position ..is this case...under the moon, and then move to literally diagonal and to the right of the moon?

Perspective of where your standing? or... located.. or...time?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join