It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me or there is a light body near the moon ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Dear ATSers,

Tonight I just started noticing that at night there is a light body in the sky, much brighter than a star near the moon (near from it from my view here on earth of course). I thought it could be the so said comet or whatever name we give it anyway. I do not push in any proof or anything but just saying this because maybe some of you could have notice it.

If not then why do not you spend a 2 minute of your time at night looking at the moon around 10 'o' clock and see if this bright celestial comes into view. No fear mongering but only to invite you in seeing this thing, which was not present in our sky a couple of months ago.

Then what do you personally think it is ? The thread is open to pure speculation and rational proposals as well folks.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Jupiter...........

where are you?? Could look at stelarium to see what it is...but my bet is Jupiter being its been climbing upwards since May

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I'm in northern Ontario

Where are you viewing this from?

Its directly right of the moon from where I am

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Could it be the same thing as in this thread? My bet is it's Jupiter. I has been really bright as of late.

The moon is just now coming into view here in Arkansas, but I'll have a look when it rises more.
edit on 16-9-2011 by ThePawnsTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
It is Jupiter. No comet. Just a planet.

hope this helps.
earthsky.org...
edit on 16-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Jupiter, i just checked in Stellarium.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Yep, just a lil ole planet...hehe..
Or, as the little girl next door used to say, is THAT JUNIPER?!!!
I notice it last night, then verified with Google sky....

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Like i said...Jupiter

Heres a screen print from Stellarium for the date and time

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 16-9-2011 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well.. how come i have been watching this object in our sky for the last 3 years, and its been getting brighter and brighter.

Dunno if thats just me, or im mis remembering. but it was prominent last summer, and now its much brighter.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

Actually that light body was under the moon last night, my high tech android said it was Uranus but i'm thinking Venus. Did anyone notice the red tint to the moon at roughly 10:15 EST???

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
Dear ATSers,

Tonight I just started noticing that at night there is a light body in the sky, much brighter than a star near the moon (near from it from my view here on earth of course). I thought it could be the so said comet or whatever name we give it anyway. I do not push in any proof or anything but just saying this because maybe some of you could have notice it

Well, unlike others who just jump in and say it's Jupiter, or a planet that looks like a star, what exactly do you mean by "light body"? How would this be different from a star or a planet that looks like a star? Should we be seeing something that looks like 2 stars next to the moon?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
reply to post by thruthseek3r

I have been tracking this with my 50mmtroubles telescope for about an hour now.

I noticed it on the way back from a marijuana fueled walk whilst listening to the heaviest of metal.

It was crazy bright.

Anyone with a good telescope please check this out.

you get to say marijuana while listening to metal on a walk, but i bring up marijuana as a way to communicate and see spirits because it opens ones mind, and you post doesnt get deleted or get warned!? wtf!

anyway...its just Jupiter sir. looking at both that and the moon on a clear night is pretty damn kvlt
edit on 16-9-2011 by XelNaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

As we move closer to these planets they get brighter. Every so many years we come to a close point in our orbits

Its just nice to know what these things are. I don't know much about location of stars in the sky.

How did astronomers figure this stuff out before technology.

Amazing

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Well,I don't know about little...But ha, Juniper? nice. Why does that make me think of Monty Python?

That said..... Pluto is still a planet to me!

"Dear NASA.

F you!

Sincerely, Pluto"

On topic. Yep. It's Jupiter alright.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

"Light Body" is a way of the OP describing something they dont understand. They dont know what it is so just call it a light body...as in a bright object...as in Jupiter

Thats my guess anyways...here in the UK there is nothing next to the moon thats not supposed to be there

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

Lol that's because I'm Canadian, its not illegal to use here hehe

Yeah its an incredible sight though. Enhanced by my uhh shall we say slightly more opened mind

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well if it is Jupiter it appears to be very bright, but anyway we will see as time goes by.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I'd say it's Jupiter also, I just went out and took a picture, and loaded Stellarium, it's Jupiter. I'd upload the pics here but it tells me it ha been temporarily disabled, will try to upload it somewhere else.

Those lines one the moon are power lines, and sorry about the street light, but anyway here ya go!

here it is again zoomed out again sorry for the blurr on the "object" next to the moon, my hand was shaking

Image from Stellarium.
edit on 16-9-2011 by WhoDat09 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2011 by WhoDat09 because: to add pics

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join