It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why i love Jesus. Why Jesus is love.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I can already see where you are going with this because of your personal warfare against the New Covenant.

That's quite the assumption and accusation is it not?

Yes, quite, considering it's not even close to the mark. Our entire justification is in the new covenant.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by jmdewey60

Please show that you are free of this demon by posting the words, Jesus, and God.

His name IS Yahshua. The Hebrews don't even have a "J" sound in their vocabulary. His name is YHWH, "The Lord" is a title they came up with for Him because they didn't want to vocalize the name of God. Calling Him Yahshua or YHWH is blessing His sovereign name.
My Bible says, Jesus. Maybe you have one that has something else.
How about you then stop using words like, Jew, Judea, Judah, Jerusalem since those all have J's?
The King of the Jews before Herod was named John.

All our Bibles are Latinized. Latin wasn't even invented as a language yet when Mary and Joseph named Christ.
His name is Yahshua. Which is a compound Hebrew word meaning "YHWH saves".

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

All our Bibles are Latinized. Latin wasn't even invented as a language yet when Mary and Joseph named Christ.
That is merely your theory.
Why are the Gospels all written in Greek?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

John the Baptist said through his revelation "in the beginning there was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God".

I don't know how you come to this unless you have a religion that is not Christian.

By simple Greek reading even a layman is capable of?

"The late New Testament Greek scholar Colwell formulated a rule which clearly states that a definite predicate nominative (in this case theos meaning 'God') never takes an article when it precedes the verb ('was') as we find in John 1:1. It is therefore easy to see that no article is needed for theos (God), and to translate it 'a god' is both incorrect grammar and poor Greek, since theos is a predicate nominative of 'was' in the third sentence-clause of the verse and must refer back to the subject, 'Word' (logos). Christ, then, if He is the Word "made flesh" (Jn. 1:14), can be no one else except God, unless the Greek text, and consequently God's Word, be denied."

Jesus Is God

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I can already see where you are going with this because of your personal warfare against the New Covenant.

Yes, quite, considering it's not even close to the mark. Our entire justification is in the new covenant.
Would you please define the New Covenant?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Jesus Is God
I was asking Lonewolf how he came to understand that John the Baptist wrote John one, or most of it.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

That is merely your theory.
Why are the Gospels all written in Greek?

Because Greek had been the official common language of the Roman Empire. Koine Greek specifically.

You're wrong, that's why it's vitally important to do Greek and Hebrew words studies. Sometimes things get lost in translation, especially from an Eastern mindset and culture to a western mindset and culture.

Yahshua means = YAH saves (YAH being the shortened YAHweh)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Jesus Is God
I was asking Lonewolf how he came to understand that John the Baptist wrote John one, or most of it.

John the Baptist was dead when John was written. The same man wrote the gospel of John that also wrote 1, 2, & 3 John and Revelation, the apostle whom Christ loved, John the apostle.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

It is still only your theory.
If the Apostles who wrote about Jesus knew his name was different than, Jesus, don't you think he they would have mentioned that instead of just going ahead and calling him Jesus? The Angel told Mary to name the child, Jesus. That is in the Bible, so you are anti-Bible.

edit on 17-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
NOTurTYPICAL, I hope you are writing up your explanation of the New Covenant so you can prove that you are not at war against it. No big hurry but try to do it sometime in the next 24 hours.

In the meanwhile, I will hold off on commenting on your question about the Holy Spirit and will combine that with my comment on your explanation of the New Covenant.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Would you please define the New Covenant?

I'll let God define it, He's a greater authority than I am:

Jeremiah 31:31-34

31 "Behold, days are coming," declares Yahweh, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares Yahweh. 33 "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares Yahweh, "I will put my Law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34 "They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know Yahweh,' for they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares Yahweh, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

Ezekiel 16:60, 62-63

"Nevertheless, I will remember my covenant with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you ... Thus I will establish my covenant with you, and you shall know that I am Yahweh, in order that you may remember and be ashamed and never open your mouth anymore because of your humiliation, when I have made atonement for you for all that you have done"

Ezekiel 34:24-25

And I, Yahweh, will be their God, and my servant David will be prince among them; I, Yahweh, have spoken. I will make a covenant of peace with them and eliminate harmful beasts from the land so that they may live securely in the wilderness and sleep in the woods..

The New covenant is everlasting, and a covenant with peace. ( Ezekiel 37:24-28)

"My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd; and they will walk in my ordinances and keep my statutes and observe them. They will live on the land that I gave to Jacob my servant, in which your fathers lived; and they will live on it, they, and their sons and their sons' sons,forever; and David my servant will be their prince forever. I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant with them. And I will place them and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in their midst forever. My dwelling place also will be with them; and I will be their God, and they will be my people. And the nations will know that I am Yahweh who sanctifies Israel, when my sanctuary is in their midst forever"

Isaiah 54:8-10

In an outburst of anger I hid my face from you for a moment, but with everlasting lovingkindness I will have compassion on you," says Yahweh your redeemer. For this is like the days of Noah to me, when I swore that the waters of Noah would not flood the earth again; so I have sworn that I will not be angry with you nor will I rebuke you. For the mountains may be removed and the hills may shake, but my lovingkindness will not be removed from you, and my covenant of peace will not be removed," says Yahweh who has compassion on you.

Book of Jubilees (Not inspired, but still historical Hebrew literature.

And the Lord said unto Moses: 'I know their contrariness and their thoughts and their stiffneckedness, and they will not be obedient till they confess their own sin and the sin of their fathers. And after this they will turn to me in all uprightness and with all (their) heart and with all (their) soul, and I will circumcise the foreskin of their heart and the foreskin of the heart of their seed, and I will create in them a spirit of holiness, and I will cleanse them so that they shall not turn away from me from that day unto eternity. And their souls will cleave to me and to all my commandments, and they will fulfil my commandments, and I will be their Father and they shall be my children. And they all shall be called children of the living God, and every angel and every spirit shall know, indeed, they shall know that these are my children, and that I am their Father in uprightness and righteousness, and that I love them. (Jub. 1:22b-26a).

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I'm not even going to look at that because that is not what I asked for.
Here is what I believe to be true and I want to share this with you.

If you can not explain your message, you are not on a mission.

I want you to think about this. I want you to consider what it is you are doing on this forum. Take my little truism I just quoted and consider if God is giving you a mission to be on this forum and posting. What are you doing here? Now, if you can not explain the message of the New Covenant then you have no message and you are not on a mission and you are not sent by God. Who did send you and why, ask yourself that. Please consider for the sake of God and Jesus and all mankind, leaving this and all other forums forever.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

NOTurTYPICAL, I hope you are writing up your explanation of the New Covenant so you can prove that you are not at war against it. No big hurry but try to do it sometime in the next 24 hours.

Look Sir, you neither sign my paycheck nor did you place a ring on my finger. I answer posts at my discretion. Pride-driven bossiness isn't a fruit of the Holy Spirit. DOn't get mad at me because the Word slaps you around.

Calm down, have some prune juice.

In the meanwhile, I will hold off on commenting on your question about the Holy Spirit and will combine that with my comment on your explanation of the New Covenant.

Save it, you pick and choose most stuff to never address. I don't need you to reply, the Holy Spirit is given at the time of our belief. He explains to the Galatians that the Judaizers were wrong, that they received the Holy Spirit at the time the first believed and not by getting circumcised and following the Pharisitical Law.

Paul calls the Galatians "foolish" and "bewitched" for not trusting that they received the Holy Spirit at the time of belief.

"You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort? Have you suffered so much for nothing—if it really was for nothing? Does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you because you observe the law, or because you believe what you heard?"

Galatians 3:1-5

edit on 17-9-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I'm not even going to look at that because that is not what I asked for.
Here is what I believe to be true and I want to share this with you.

If you can not explain your message, you are not on a mission.

I want you to think about this. I want you to consider what it is you are doing on this forum. Take my little truism I just quoted and consider if God is giving you a mission to be on this forum and posting. What are you doing here? Now, if you can not explain the message of the New Covenant then you have no message and you are not on a mission and you are not sent by God. Who did send you and why, ask yourself that. Please consider for the sake of God and Jesus and all mankind, leaving this and all other forums forever.

Apparently you didn't read my response. I said God is greater authority than I, so I'll let His word speak for itself. The correct Christian thing to do is show what God Himself says of His everlasting covenant. If you hate scripture that much to refuse to read it is says quite a bit about your spiritual condition.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

It is still only your theory.
If the Apostles who wrote about Jesus knew his name was different than, Jesus, don't you think he they would have mentioned that instead of just going ahead and calling him Jesus? The Angel told Mary to name the child, Jesus. That is in the Bible, so you are anti-Bible.

"Jesus" is the Greek, Latinized of the Hebrew "Yahshua". That's his name. In the Grecco-Roman world and it's aftermath. There is not a "J" sound in Hebrew. You'd think that fact would settle this debate, but apparently the Hebrew scholars are all inferior to you and your theological background??

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

praise the LORD and GOD bless

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

As a Hindu, you would know of the love of Bhakti, and therefore you would understand the love of Christ, and the character and person of Jesus himself.

I don't know how presumptuous I necessarily want to get, in terms of claims about myself; as I can definitely still have negative moments here and in other places.

However, I will say that during my time going to church, I never actually experienced what the Bible says about either the peace of God, or the spirit of adoption; but that since I found Kali, there have been times when I have.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

God is not found in church....

I don't know anything about Kali, but per chance does he teach that God is within?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
My own impression is that God-contact is realized or experienced by people sometimes in an instant, and sometimes slowly over time, and in a measure according to God's will and infinite wisdom. There is also a difference between believing something as true, and having a relationship with it. There are many who claim belief, and even who can reference scripture like a computer, but who neither eat or drink the spirit and who are spiritually "dry".
Jesus felt that it was better to be passionate, to be hot or cold but never lukewarm, and that the letter of the law kills but that the spirit who informs it gives life.
To be a believer (I am not referring to anyone here) and to be fixed in a spiritually dry condition, is a terrible predicament.

I am convinced that Jesus was interested in our growth, and understood full well that it was a process, and not a one-time done deal, but something requiring a certain attitude, and way of being and thinking, such that the action, the causation or the manifestation, would take care of itself, once a certain change of heart or spiritual threshold was reached. He then simply went around speaking to people with absolute conviction, that seeds were being planted for those who would but listen and pay attention. This seed was not only his word, but also his very spirit of love and understanding. And for this to function, he was looking for people who are available, willing, and open minded enough to be MOVED by him and his teachings, people of passion, not the wise or the learned, who presumed to already know, but who were blind because they say "we see". Thee ARE many many Christians who are like this, inwardly, and as a result many of them aspire to be pastors, preachers and ministers, deacons and priests, because they aspire to having outward authority in something they were never never able to really and truly "grok" (consume, take in, fully integrate) in the first place.

Theirs' is a deathful Christianity.

However, that is not the last word, since very many of these dead-hearts, by simply TRYing, are eventually moved precisely as Jesus intended. And though they began with inauthentic and insincere motives, nevertheless, God is able to transform their dead works, by changing the heart of a man, yes, sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly but almost always eventually.

But I have to say, that people who come flying at you with a bible as a weapon, they will surely stumble and fall, and maybe even shed a few tears for missing out on the spiritual dimension of God's love and gentle kindness, that is always ready, if we are willing, to pick us back up and get us moving again, as intended, not by our will, need to prove or be right, but in accordance with his love for us.

And let me be the first to admit here, that I am a master of paying lipservice, but not as strong in always living out of the statements I make and the wisdom I am able to share in these words of mine.

For me it's a type of therapeutic self-talk really, in the hopes that if I can take my mind there, my heart, and the being and doing which flows from the heart, will follow, and it does, I'm just not perfect yet, but I am aware that I still have a lot to give as a work in progress, and in Christ, the Great Work of the Ages.

So as Christians, we can still be heroes, even if only, to begin with, the hero of our own life drama!

edit on 18-9-2011 by NewAgeMan because: could't stop talking.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
I don't know anything about Kali, but per chance does he teach that God is within?

Not a he. Kali is a Goddess.

But yes. My own belief is that all of us are on a path of continued spiritual development; including the Gods themselves. What brought me to Kali as a divine mediator, or my own Ishta devata, (God of the heart) was a process of falling in love with her as a particular aspect of God. Christianity for me, while I was Christian, was extremely involuntary; I couldn't develop bhakti while there was a fear of going to Hell.

With Kali, there is no such fear. I am able to love her, completely voluntarily. Salvation is not an issue, because truthfully in that sense, it never was. Salvation in terms of my own beliefs is not about needing to become acceptable to God, because it is impossible to be unacceptable. The concept of unacceptability or alienation from God is negative polarity, and it is used as a means of socially controlling us.

Rather, I view what we call salvation, as a means of realisation or progression to the point where we don't need to come back to this planet any more, because we've learned as much as we can or need to here, so we can simply move on to something else.

There's a bit of a paradox there, though. The word salvation implies being rescued from a situation that we don't want to be in; whereas what Sri Ramakrishna (one of Kali's saints) teaches, is that liberation does not come, until we are actually happy to be here, and we enjoy it to the point where we don't mind staying or not.

Hinduism, and Shaktism (worship of the Goddess) in particular, is a much more affirmatively and voluntarily oriented belief system than Christianity, in my opinion. Ma tells me that actions do have consequences, and karma does exist, yes; but at the same time, there is very little real focus on, "Thou shalt not."

Again Ayurveda (the Vedic dietary system) will offer advice on what we should eat for our individual body type, as another example; and we can choose not to do that, and get sick...but there is a difference between there being consequences of our actions, and our ceasing to be loved. There is never a time when we are not loved.

Jai Kali Ma.

edit on 18-9-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join