It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why i love Jesus. Why Jesus is love.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Please stop.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
I believe that there are many in this world, leaders, like the Pope himself, who, unable to navigate this "sticky wicket" have concluded that God is Satan. Not me, I know better.

And they fall victim as prey, when they embrace the old adage that "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

reply to post by sinohptik

"I was with you from BEFORE the very foundation of the world!" This is a statement by someone with real knowledge of the real God as the God of love, since for love to exist and be at cause, there must have always been a beloved and beloved other.

Foundations.. That which surrounds the stable core ebbs and flows and rises and falls in its dance of duality.

Now, what if this Love is something that speaks to us beyond just an emotional level. Many have spoken of such things.. If so, it is only our concept which changes. Indeed, for love to solely be a cause there must be duality. Perhaps it is not just a single side of the equation, and just "is," itself transcending our dualistic premises and notions.

If that is the case, our understanding of it would simply represent an underlying mechanism of this universe. That which "brings things together" in a myriad of ways. To some, even representing a God of Love, God the Creator. To some, perhaps representing what we explore through concepts we understand as gravity, et al..

Both sides tend to fall into the surface waves without ever noticing the underlying tide. Much less notice the same drive lies behind both, as the "ocean." A tragedy, in its way. We reap what we sow, and for many that is nothing more than emptiness. A free will choice to attempt to fill the void which is only seen as empty. Only feeding the surface motion, seen by some as the force of satan. And then the waves crash into the shore..

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Please stop.

Stop what exactly? Stop defending myself from lies and slander? Or stop affirming the truth of the phonetic make-up of Hebrew?

Stop what exactly?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

You have a point!

Now if you could, just stop worrying about being right. It's getting painful. Love your "enemy" and pray for those who persecute you. Just stop, and choose to love. It's not worth it otherwise, being nothing but a J to begin with.

He's taken issue with your signature. I've offered a pretty interesting viewpoint, and now everyone has read the whole exchange.

And from his end, your "opponent" in failing to recognize that you're just a Bible believer attempting to do their best, his is also a fail in love for demoniziing you, simply because your signature drives him crazy, for reasons and because of a frame of reference that I've attempted to shed light on, in the hope that people might at least stop to consider another viewpoint while rechecking themselves according to a higher Christian standard of brotherly love and koinonia.

It missed the mark.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

If love, as creative, purposeful intent of the will, may be seen as a first/last cause in an eternal evolutionary recurrence (in formation, fully informed in eternity ie: self awate), then it is indeed the unifying factor in a continual process of differentiation and reintegtation. There is no duality here, just the flow of life between two trees of life, a free flow, of eternal life, freely presented by the spirit and the bride (spirit of God co-mingled with man).

No duality, no separation. Reunited. Reintegrated. Unity in diversity.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Koinonia. Communion.

Come freely then, to eat and drink of the food and water, all who are hungry or who thirst.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Don't you see, Jesus, as love made real, as love personified, as love in action, came into the world, as much to remind us about who and what we really are, as children of a loving God, ad he did to remind God as the Absolute, and the Transcendant, just who and what he truly is, as love. Please try this on, until you weep and then have tears wiped from your eyes.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Awesome thread.

Thank you so much, for either posting or just reading. I love you, whoever and wherever you are, and God above loves you dearly, the cost itself for that love, beyond measure, the sheer extent and magnitude of it, able to traverse the entire spectrum of all being and becoming. In truth, there is absolutely nothing else, of any consequence, going on!

And the old adage - "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" cuts both ways!

The seed of love, after all, can move whole mountains!

God Bless each and every one of us!

Best,

NAM

P.S. I can post in my own thread as often as I like. Don't like, don't read.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I also really like the story about Zachias, the short man, a tax collector if I'm not mistaken, who, in order to get a good look at Jesus, above the gathering crowd, as he approached - climbed a tree. Jesus, when he was walking by, noticed this little man in a tree, stopped (one imagines the hush of the crowd), and suggested that they have dinner at the guy's place.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

And I think the little man, Zachias, was perched in the tree, relative to Jesus, such that Jesus needed to shield his eyes from the sun, to get a good look at him (just an interesting factoid I figured I'd through in just for fun).

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
reply to Prezbo369

You are hung up on this...

The Biblical god doesnt know the meaning of love

Perhaps.......but the god character in the bible barely mentions love, the greatest emotion we have. Love thy neighbor, love your enemy (terrible advice btw) and ofc love me (because I was sacrificed so I would forgive you). If he did know anything about love.....if he WAS love, why isnt there a book dedicated to it? why isn't there a "Love Testament"? why isnt there any mention of love between two people? love for your family and friends? the love you feel when looking into a new born babies eyes? I fail to see how an entity that claims to be caring and looking for our best interests wouldn't mention these things........

Therefore when it comes to Christians you believe this...

they buy into a most ridiculous and obviously made up story, and get angry when others question and debate it.

Pretty much.......

This is pretty garden variety, this view of Christians and Christianity. I think that we maybe all go through this as we try to come to grips with the whole 'Jesus' thing.

But why must it be so cut and dry; so black and white? Do you think it could be a little more complex than simply identifying God as loveless and therefore Christ meaningless and subsequently Christians as deluded. There has to be more to it than that, right?

Or have you got it figured out?

My opinion of the biblical god as utterly loveless is not the primary reason I consider the Christ character in the bible to be meaningless, but it is a strong one. I do not think there HAS to be more to it than that, whatsoever.

made up story

The powerful influence that Jesus is having on lives all over the world at this very moment is not a made up story

The Harry Potter books have powerfully influenced millions of children the world over, like many other fictional works.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

But if we consider Jesus' work, his teachings, his very character, part of a whole NEW covenant, and follow that inquiry all the way through, reading Jesus, discerning his character, his thinking, intentionality, his human interaction, particularly in relation to the downtrodden and the lowly, then the whole frame of reference has shifted. The idea here, is the notion of the human being made in the image of God to contain nothing less than God and God's love, and the person of Jesus an unparalleled spiritual genius of mind, heart and soul, who took things to their logical and supra-rational conclusion, and made the old NEW, and functional again, in an approrpriate and loving manner, this is plainly obvious, particularly when we look to his interactions with the religious elite of his time, who had been corrupted by many factors and forces, including Roman Imperialism. He is there, the person of Jesus, between the lines of the Gospels, his laughing loving self. To meet him, is to know him is to fall in love with him, not to worship him in a religious sense, but to appreciate him, and in truth to become one with him, with us in him and him in us, as it always was and was meant to be, the love of God as Spirit co-mingled with man made whole again, re-integrated WITH God.

Revelation 22
Eden Restored
1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. 3 No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. 4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5 There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.
John and the Angel
6 The angel said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God who inspires the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place.”
7 “Look, I am coming soon! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll.”

8 I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. 9 But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who keep the words of this scroll. Worship God!”

10 Then he told me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near. 11 Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile; let the one who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy.”

Epilogue: Invitation
12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[a] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

Revelation 21
A New Heaven and a New Earth
1 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children."

Don't you see, Jesus, as love made real, as love personified, as love in action, came into the world, as much to remind us about who and what we really are, as children of a loving God, ad he did to remind God as the Absolute, and the Transcendant, just who and what he truly is, as love. Please try this on, until you weep and then have tears wiped from your eyes.

edit on 20-9-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The spirit of love (love of Christ) is radically free. It moves (wherever it pleases) and by the spirit, we are moved, and are moving, we are not a "thing" but a process, and a Great Work (Magnum Opus) in progress. The seed of love, of the love transcendant, self aware, timeless, spaceless, fully informed in eternity, is the alchemical point of projection in the creative formation of new life, and a life liberated in, for and by love itself.

So long as we are drawing breath, we contain this seed, this spark of life, our very heart and soul was made by design to contain nothing less and of course, nothing less satisfies the heart and soul of a person.

However, we have "dross" elements, which must be purified in the spirit of love, and in the passionate fire of the holy spirit of love, for the light of life (God-consciousness) to re-ignite from the depths of our soul, from within our heart of hearts, and from our minds eye, refocused and realigned with the truth that this same spirit imparts, being infinitely intelligent, and very wise.

Nevertheless, in our current condition, we live in darkness, and in a cave of ignorance, from which it appears, from our subjective isolation chambers or prison cells, there is no escape. We are lost, and the spark remains hidden, obscured, yet still fully laden with potential however deeply buried it may be. Searching madly in our blindness, we seek desperately for light, and for a way out. To compensate for our predicament, in fear and confusion we plunge around bumping into anyone we can find who will listen to our plight, and we will do everything in our power to convince them that it is THEY who live in darkeness and we in the light. We will try to make ourselves right, or righteous by making everyone else wrong in some way or another, but this is just a mask, wholly inauthentic, false, a mask of death, but having nothing else, we will fight to the death to protect it!

What are we to do..?

I purport that there is absolutely nothing we can do. Nothing of ourselves capable of bootstrapping us into the light, and out of the cell, since the very nature of the cell and it's iron-walled construction is created from all of our impressions, assumptions, judgements and value-filters, for most if not almost all of us, it's "WHO WE ARE!"

But it's not who we REALLY ARE, not our true, wholly authentic, fully self expressed, fully self actualized PERSON that we only wish we were, and are painfully aware, that we are not!

However, it is always darkest before the dawn, and the spark of new life remains, however deeply buried or hidden and obscured by our ego self (the pride of man ie: foolishness), just waiting to burst forth again, in a glorious resurrection of new life, and new possibility.

Since the spirit envelopes us, and the whole of creation, blowing were it pleases, radically free - I am absolutely convinced that the dawning of a new age of reason and spirit, of clear vision and insight and awareness, is inevitable. Let me think of a good metaphor to illustrate this..

stay tuned..

edit on 20-9-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Ok, think of this thing called "death and resurrection" as intrinsic to an evolutionary eternal recurrence, where, as we can see, life triumphs since death hasn't stoped it yet. Therefore, the truth is that the very nature of the whole process, of growth, is one of an infinite series of new possibilities arising from the Absolute as the very domain of all possibility, infinite, limitless, timeless, spaceless, eternal.

To be "joined with Christ in death and resurrection" is to recieve or to be recieved into and by this eternal process, enveloped or "hugged" as it were, not excluded, but unconditionally INCLUDED, the "Great Work" making this possible, having already been completed in the fullness of time and history, as an "Omegapoint" of human transformation and potentiality, fully realized, to the max (across the entire spectrum of being and becoming within the frame of a non-local, holographic universe). This is a marvel, in and of itself, but isn't functional in and of itself, unless it is formative, and transformative.

Sadly, we, ourselves, as we are, are still not worthy, or even trustworthy, and there is nothing we can do to make our own escape from darkness into light. What are we to do?

I would suggest that we must consider Christianity, as an invitation, a FREE one (non coersive), to join with the spirit of love and life who was present in Jesus Christ (the annointed). We need to have a sympathetic, harmonious connection with him (his love), sharing in his sorrow and his joy. I would purport that this very connection is already present within us, as that seed of love and spark of new life, at least in potential.

The Cosmic Clamshall Metaphor/Allegory coming soon..

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I would suggest that we must consider Christianity, as an invitation, a FREE one (non coersive), to join with the spirit of love and life who was present in Jesus Christ (the annointed). We need to have a sympathetic, harmonious connection with him (his love), sharing in his sorrow and his joy. I would purport that this very connection is already present within us, as that seed of love and spark of new life, at least in potential.

Considering there is 30k some odd variations of "Christianity"... Which invitation are you trying to push here?

Perhaps that is a bad assumption....

Let me rephrase... which one do you prefer?

They are not all the same....

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The Cosmic ClamShell

Imagine the malformed, "dross" of the imprisoned and injured self, nevertheless containing, as unrealized potential, the seed of love / spark of life / treasure of heaven / eternal life - to be like a gain of sand taken into a (spiritual) oyster shell (enveloped by spirit of truth, life, light and love). To an oyster, the grain of sand is like an irritant, or a wound of sorts, and however unpleasant, once recieved or taken into it's sphere immediately undergoes a transformation by the aggregate, compounding of the oyster's "life juices" (energies), and over time, by the layering of spirit surrounding the grain of sand, lo and behold what is produced in the final analysis and in the end, but a prescious pearl! Such a pearl then, as a point of attraction may find itself adorned on a heavenly gate!

By itlself, the grain of sand was useless, even potentially harmful, but by the grace (loving action) of a continual process of spiritual integration and re-integration, it's very nature and substance is altered, until it becomes that which it was intended to be in the first place, a prescios pearl in the gate of the city of God.

This Cosmic ClamShell, is the death and triumphant resurrection (in whatever form) of Jesus Christ.

To be baptised into this, is to proclaim one's own intention and willingless, to actively participate in a process of transformation, our plunge into the water as a symbol of the tomb could also be likened to a plunge into the depths of the unconscious, whereby everything once hidden is brought to light and made known, and the bursting forth from the depths through the surface of the water, the entrance into a new life, and a new basis of life wherein everything begins to change including our motivations and drives, and thus, we are reborn, however quickly or slowly into a new life, as our TRUE life. It's all at once in the sense that, because once begun the process will be carried through by the aid of the spirit, unto it's complete realization in the fullness of time and history.

In this way, we are to measure the cost of descipleship because like a builder, God doesn't leave half finshed a construction project due to lack of financing.

C.S. Lewis: Knocking Down Your Cottage

"Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make any sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of -- throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were being made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself.”

-- C.S. Lewis in Mere Christianity

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Non demoninational, as truth tested by reason and the spirit of truth and love. A personal Christianity, let me put it that way.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

And it's not a "push" but a "pull" sell..

edit on 20-9-2011 by NewAgeMan because: darn typo

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Non demoninational, as truth tested by reason and the spirit of truth and love. A personal Christianity, let me put it that way.

I like it... though the idea would need to be defined.

Personally i don't like labels either..

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join