It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul’s Own Political Blow Back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Ron Paul, you crazy liberty loving extremist you, can you guess where you stand and what your blowback will be? We know the Republicans want you to go away. We know the media want you to leave the Republican Party as well. Everyone wants you to go to the Libertarian Party, even the Libertarians. You, my friend, have got to know that such a thing would be the end of any hope of you getting the presidency.

libertarianviewpoint.com...

Frankly speaking, while I appreciate Ron Paul getting the ball rolling on the current liberty movement in the country, I do not want him to run as a member of the Libertarian Party. The Libertarian Party needs more home grown candidate and can't rely on any kind of "messiahs"

If Ron Paul is committed to the cause of liberty, he should ride off into the sunset and lend his support to all of the various campaigns he helped spawn.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
One of the most beneficial aspects to Ron Paul's candidacy is how long he has been in office. When anyone tried to research Obama, you couldn't look very far without running into walls. With these other candidates, you can only go back so far. With Ron Paul, you get to check his consistency for 30+ years and verify the kind of man he is. I think it happens to be his biggest strength.

Many people wouldn't be voting at all if it weren't for him. Lots of people adamantly despise politics. So if he were to "ride off into the sunset", so would many many voters. If he said, "I support so and so..." It wouldn't matter to a lot of people. They're voting for him. For his consistency. Not another candidate they have to be afraid of or another politician who's motives can't be verified by their voting record.

What do you know about Wrights? I'm genuinely curious...
edit on 16-9-2011 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Lee Wrights is currently the favorite to win the Libertarian Party's nomination for president. His main platforms are to pull out of our various foreign wars, end the fed, and much more. I encourage you to visit
wrights2012.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

I just checked out his stances on the issues. He sounds a lot like Ron Paul except his immigration stance.

Libertarians are often accused of wanting to “open the borders.” But the borders are already open...

and then concludes his stance on the issue with,

The solution to illegal immigrant is to adjust our system to allow peaceful, hardworking immigrants to legally enter the United States even temporarily to fill this growing gap. Instead of spending our time and money stopping peaceful immigration, we can intensify our efforts to prevent terrorists and other dangerous people from crossing our borders.

I don't know how to feel about that. While I like the idea of the world being such a lovely place, it isn't a realistic goal. We do have a welfare system and things get out of hand with the flood of illegals coming across the border. He is right in some aspects regarding the issue but overall, I don't agree with him on this.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Wrights is in favor of getting rid of the current welfare system. If any immigrant wants to come here and work hard, why shouldn't they?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
So he is running on the same ideals as Ron Paul, but is even less known than Ron Paul?
I'll research the guy, since that is only fair, but my gut tells me I'll be sticking with Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Just the fact that they're breaking laws to do so. Many immigrants want to come here but are waiting and doing it the right way. What does it say about a person when their first action is to break a law? If these people want to come, let them do it the right way. Don't enable them or encourage them to break our laws though.

Also, I find it interesting that on Wright's Facebook page, he has a Ron Paul Revolution banner!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

When it is easier to swim the Rio Grande than climb Mt.Bureaucracy, what do you expect people who are starving to do? At least now we will know the number of people who really come over here.

The "revolution" banner has been in use longer than Mr.Paul's campaign.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Well, you sent me on quite the adventure with that post. Discovering who created the r3VOLution logo was difficult but interesting! As it turns out, you are somewhat right. However, the logo was made popular by Ron Paul's campaign in 2007.

It was actually created by Ernest Hancock in 2006. This article is very long but discusses the logo within it.

The choice of the r3VOLution logo was due to the emotional impact it had on each of us the moment each individual was exposed to it.

Ron Paul himself was the first to understand the concept and has embraced the “revolution” at every stop with the first words out of his mouth demonstrating an understanding of what is happening and being happy to be part of the ‘r3VOLution’.

Apparently Hancock used it in a local campaign for himself in 2006 though.

Anyway, VERY interesting! Thanks for that...

So for anyone wanting to know exactly where the r3VOLution logo came from, check out the link!

Btw, I LOVE what Mr. Hancock had to say about what brought him to Ron Paul's campaign:

Immediately after learning that an individual with a proven record spanning over decades was willing to represent the founding principles of this country (not a warmed over shadow version of it) my family and several friends were “all in”. We knew that we could ‘Declare our Independence’ and begin a Revolution based on our love of liberty and our families.

The exact same reason myself and many other people support Dr. Paul.

This is him talking about the r3VOLution. Very cool!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I think this article is pretty pointless...how is it political blowback if he wants to win and knows he can't do it if he ran on the libertarian ticket?

top topics

join