It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost's and smells ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Some people smell them instead of feel them or see them or communicate with them. I smell them too :-)
Is it just one smell or more than one? Does the smell stay always or come and go?
Angela

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The smells come and go and smell like rose's or foul crappy smell. The roses I smell down stairs and the foul smell in this pc room I have which I'am in right now.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Have you ever had this happen before?
If you can smell them there, you should be able to do it elsewhere too.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Only in ceartain areas think I said where they where some place on page one.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
how am i doin' so far? killer sex flair.

how does it smell. like faint dish soap and ?????????????????????

KILLER SEX FLAIR

sniff sniff sniff.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
My husband and I experienced a ghost, or entity that smoked sweet smelling pipe tobacco, sometimes the smell would happen driving down the road, other times it would happen out doors. We lived in the boonies, no close neighbors. I ask him if he had any deceased relatives who smoked a pipe. He didn't. My paternal grandfather smoked a pipe. Several years ago this spirit stopped visiting us.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Crazy that is Miss, since I first posted this I've not smelt It since if I do I'll post it up on here and what I was doing at the time.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Sorry. Changed my mind about revealing this info.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by Questor]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
Don't know if this is the right place for but the room I'am in now always seems to have a bad smell to it at certain times just a foul smell The room is kept clean etc so its not a dirty room or anythng like that.

I heard that some ghosts have a smells to them when they are present plus this room is linked to a ghost we have any ideas as to make it go away or stop the smell?

Did you ever think, that you actually have an encounter with an alien who is using camouflage effect on you? Try to use a camera in this situation, and see the recording when the "smelly ghost" is gone. You'll see the result

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
maybe its just mold??

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
hum..your problem is in the lamp! smell up and see if that smell cames from the light ! some materials when they got old they got smells! trust me! and don�t be worried about! it happened to me too! that�s an easy" problem "to solve! change the lamp! eheh

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
My lamp is metal lol and the room has no damp or anything like that the only thing i can think of is it's a ghost and a smelly one at that.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SE7EN

I am very certain that it is the scent of death that not only causes the psycho-physiological cascade that occurs when exposed to this type of stimulus, (The subjective haunting experience) but in all likelihood is why we as Homo Sapiens Sapiens invented religion and tend to embrace the belief in an afterlife. (Evolutionary psychology) Simply put virtually every creature reacts to the con-specific markers of death of their own species, and no surprise as it offers a tremendous survival advantage to do so. This ability is ancient and ubiquitous going back to a common ancestor some hundreds of millions of years ago. If one looks at the debate from this point of view the picture of what is really going on becomes clear and validates both the skeptic’s perspective and most surprisingly the believers as well! Simply put, it works just as reported once you remove the mythology believed to be causing it. It turns out that human sensitivity to the long chain molecules is equal to or better than dogs and better than rats! This not only allows us to smell the BBQ two blocks away it also allows us to detect the death scent before the predator can see us!

The problem actually started when we began building permanent structures, which were perfect for storing dormant odors for very long periods of time only to be reactivated by moisture. Once we have detected the markers we not only experience a profound physiological reaction that skews our perceptions (General Adaptation) but also can and do detect and react to the unique odor of the deceased individual as well. Even before we consciously detect these odors our body is already reacting to them causing a chain reaction that skews our perception and causes us to see and hear things what would otherwise be irrelevant! Suddenly we begin to see shadows of things lurking in the darkness, etc.! This trait has evolved simply because it is better to run from the imagined predator and live to reproduce than it is to miss one and get eaten! I am not suggesting that the skeptics got it wrong, just that their piece of the puzzle is incomplete. The believers for their part were being honest to an extent after all! It is indeed an ancient and forgotten ability, it is located in the approximate center of our forehead, and even the characteristics of how odors can be activated and spread in an environment follow the pattern. Some people will be very sensitive to this and others will not because of the tremendous variation in olfactory sensitivity between any two individuals (several orders of magnitude) and it will run in families. Women will generally be more sensitive and particularly so during the age of reproduction. (18-45) Of course, virtually all rituals designed to get rid of a ghost or haunting include some sort of odorant (flowers or incense) to mask the cause of the issue, which is why they tend to work for a while and then wear off if the organic material is not removed from the location. A proper burial is imperative as our ancestors learned because if you botch the burial you will be plagued with a haunted experience until you get it right. The beginning of religion! Basically, it works like this. There are three components to a haunting: location, (how well does the location absorb and retain organic compounds) the source (How much organic material is present), and observer (how sensitive is the observer to con specific markers). The physiological trigger that prompts a haunted experience simply does not work without these three components, and falls into the category of belief and psychology! However, the source is not spiritual energy, but organic compounds that remain after death that becomes active when one introduces humidity to the material.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join