It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member in San Francisco

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Hello ATS members. I have been browsing the forums section of the site for about a week. I logged on as a result of my recent interest in earthquakes here in SF. While I've only lived here for about 2yrs, a week or so ago, I started to get concerned (not going into that here) . . .so I logged on here! Why???

Earlier this year, I started reading a number of books by Jim Marrs, James Bamford, Joseph Farrell, Erich Von Daniken, and the like . . .

Personally, I am a firm believer in looking at alternative sides of any issue of importance. It absolutely fascinates me that multiple sets of people can observe the same set of "facts" and develop an entire portfolio of conclusions.

In my opinion, while the "alternative theory" is not always right, the "mainstream theory" is rarely 100% on the mark. Sometimes its flat-out wrong. Without a community in which bright thinkers can test alternative theories / explanations (without any concern about getting "shot down"), how can any group, community, or organization expect to advance?

So . . here I am! Thanks for having me, and I look forward to a productive dialogue.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
?? I've lived in SF for almost 20 years, what earthquakes? I would steer clear of Daniken, Childress, and the rest of the "Ancient Aliens" gang since they're just making a business out of their "theories."

Anyway, welcome!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Greetings and welcome to the site. San Francisco looks so cool, ive loved it since i saw Mrs Doubtfire.

new topics

top topics

join