It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISS is now un-occupied.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The ISS is now un-occupied. Russia has evacuated their two and one of ours. Touchdown sometime around 4:00am. All that $$$$$$$$ just waiting to fall out of orbit. The timing goes not to well with all the comet Elenin broo-ha-ha. Not very good timing.( Sorry for the confusion, I jumped the gun saying it was empty) But then again how do we know for sure?

uk.news.yahoo.com...

edit on 16-9-2011 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I ask what do you think is going to happen? Lets say it fell to earth how bad would it actually be? I recall when mir was brougjt down but it was controlled in a senze.
I apologize for awful spelli.g i am on my droid bionic..... i hate touch keyboards

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
The ISS is now un-occupied. Russia has evacuated their two and one of ours. Touchdown sometime around 4:00am. All that $$$$$$$$ just waiting to fall out of orbit. The timing goes not to well with all the comet Elenin broo-ha-ha. Not very good timing.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

Ever wonder that they already know its going to be hit by the Elenin or what ever it really is tail?
edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: correction

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I wonder how much rent would be?

Seriously though, I'm not worried about the ISS at all.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This comes around the same time as no-fly-zones on the Moon.

My crazy, tinfoil theory: Unoccupied... just long enough for the Secret DoD Astronauts to get up there, settle into ISS, and use that as a waypoint to a particular no-fly-zone area of the moon to do... whatever it is they need to do. Be on the lookout for stealth shuttles!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I know right? Russia needs to stay out of the space program for a bit, geeze they always are messing up in space-I feel bad for them. Perhaps they need more funding. I'm just saying THANKS russia for CRASHING in to the SPACE STATION, f.a.h.'s Jerry Ober...

It's a shame, and it's also mysterious that all these crazy things are happening right now. It's not just small changes, people and place are being abandoned. Hmm.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
i'm pretty sure there are still 3 people in there at the moment. i can't find anything to back my claim at the moment but i've read it somewhere online

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
in your own link op

The two Russians and their NASA counterpart had earlier said heartfelt goodbyes to their three colleagues on board the station following an eventful mission that at one stage saw them mulling the possibility of a forced evacuation.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Spartannic

you are correct. Was just reading the article too.
It's not unoccupied. Just more roomy.
It's up there, a lot of money was spent. NASA is screwing around with politics, and not on task at all..
US needs launch independence.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
The ISS is now un-occupied. Russia has evacuated their two and one of ours. Touchdown sometime around 4:00am. All that $$$$$$$$ just waiting to fall out of orbit. The timing goes not to well with all the comet Elenin broo-ha-ha. Not very good timing.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

Nope!! There are still 3 astronauts aboard and Mike Fossum is now the commander. If the Russians didn't get the Soyuz ready for carry the Expedition 30 crew up to the ISS, so NASA will evacuate the 3 remnants of Expedition 29.
edit on 9/16/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Double post!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
the iss is not unoccupied until november and the russians have fixed the launch vehicle so that abondment is not likely read all the info before making claims jesus I cannot believe how people take things and manipulate them so that they can seem to know something it is not abondened and if it was the ground crew can control the vehicle from the ground please

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spartannic
i'm pretty sure there are still 3 people in there at the moment. i can't find anything to back my claim at the moment but i've read it somewhere online

Right, that is what a news report said yesterday: three left on board.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

There is still 3 astronauts and currently on board the ISS however there not sure how long they will be there. Currently the Russians have the next launch on hold do to the failed launch. However don't worry the final shuttle flight brought up over a years worth of supplies so the astronauts will be fine.
edit on 9/16/11 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Bit of trivia...

Aussie Bloke said the ISS would be evacuated for some reason before
the impact came.

Just thought it was curious...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The first 3 of the 6 occupants were originally scheduled to return to earth around September 8th. The failed Soyuz has brought them to use plan B, returning half the crew in one of each of the two Soyuz's docked on the ISS. Timing is important when they evacuate to bring them to the planned touchdown in norther Kazakhstan. There is no other ulterior motives about this.

The ISS is not a threat to fall from orbit, it is and can be controlled from the ground with it's installed fuel and rockets to raise its orbit, in fact the ISS has more than one means of orbital adjustments all which can be operated from the ground.

But this is a conspiracy site so I understand the spin. But I find the reality of space exploration to be interesting enough without unbaked speculations, but to each their own.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Life support on the remaining Soyuz will expire sometime in late November. Due to the orbital dynamics in relation to the preferred landing site in Kazakhstan, I believe they plan to return sometime in early November, kind of pushing the envelope window of safety a bit, but not to an extreme. I'm not looking it up as I have read several articles a few weeks ago, but they may return in October so I'm a bit rusty on memory recall.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This is why I hate conspiracy theorist.

This guy was able to make a falsified thread, without it being deleted.
In his own article it states other people are on board, this site is full of crazy fear mongers.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rationalistswagger

It was a mistake. Not done to be a fear monger. And son, if you don't like conspiarcy theorist's, Why the hell are you on ATS? Just saying.....

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The three remaining Astronauts/Cosmonauts will stay aboard the ISS until the expiration date of the remaining Soyuz docked at the station. Staying or leaving has nothing to do with "supplies" . Everything to do with flight parameters on the Soyuz. Soyuz are only rated for six months on orbit before they are concidered unsafe for flight. This seems to be a none issue as the Russians stated this past Fri. that the problem with there booster has been traced and addressed. Flights from Kazikstan should resume in time to keep the ISS manned. See the short story I found in a "quick" google search. I am sure there are a lot more if you choose to look for them.

blog.chron.com... eed%3A%20houstonchronicle%2Ftopheadlines%20(chron.com%20-%20Top%20Stories)&utm_content=My%20Yahoo
edit on 18-9-2011 by NervousNJerky because: P.S. This thread IS a good example of missinfo, in my opinion

top topics

join