It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

El Chupacabra does anyone know for sure what it is?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

The discription varies so much now from the original it is ridiculos. How did it change from a bipedal to a dog like thing? or is what they are showing now adays some sort of a werewolf and not even Chupacabra?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
all I know is its meant to suck to blood of goats or it was.... Not really sure what happened but the goat sucker thing seems to have been lost

I think its a case of being taken over by popular culture and its de-evolved into a mangy coyote.
edit on 16/9/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

Far from being a myth that sometimes confuses the chupacabra with mangy coyote, this creature is very real to farmers in:
Mexico. Witness the latest mass killing of sheep reported recently.

and Russia:

No natural predator leaves a couple of puncture wounds in the throat of an animal and exsanguinates it completely, leaving the carcass untouched and uneaten.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
No natural predator leaves a couple of puncture wounds in the throat of an animal and exsanguinates it completely, leaving the carcass untouched and uneaten.

blood could easily drain out through 2 bite wounds to the neck, the carcass could of been dragged from the kill spot or rain/dew could of washed the blood away. The big cat could of been disturbed and left the kill.

There are explanations that don't involve semi supernatural mythical creatures.

edit on 17/3/12 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
also predators will frenzy with all that action, just like sharks.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Personally I believe there is something out there like that but I honestly dont believe it is anything like most of the pictures show.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I belive he is related to the mothman (chupacraba from Puero Rico). Some witness said he tried to communicate telepathyc with them and shortly after opend huge bat wings and flyed away. I found strange that, if the Chupacabra can easily kill animals tons of animals way bigger than him, why he dind't killed humans after all? That is intriguing.

What i can say is that, he is not from this world. A governement failed hybrid animal project with a creature like the El chupa-cabras would easily make's him take over all Puerto Rico and makes the governement trow some nukes there.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This guy thinks he knows, jump to 4:00:

www.youtube.com...

It's a clip from a Canadian TV show that aired on Cable Ten in Mississauga six years ago.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I believe all the sightings are of a sick mangy dog. That's it.

not sure about the "goat sucking' part though

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I am from Mexico and I remember back when I was a kid (in the 90s) the "chupacabras" was huge around here. No one actually saw it, of course, but it was often in the headlines. Rumor has it that the government actually gave it a lot of publicity to distract the public from the corruption that was taking place at the time- if people were obsessed about the monster in the headlines they would pay less attention to whatever the press would say about them in smaller print...

I personally don´t believe the creature was ever real. The orifices and holes in dead animals are often times made by common everyday creatures; mostly birds and scavenging insects. Some people make a big deal when they see a dead animal without eyes and tongue, they immediatly assume something "strange" happened, but in reality, scavenging birds (crows, vultures, even sometimes pigeons) peck at the eyes and tongue first because they're easier to get at than the rest of the body, which is covered on thick skin. Not even black vultures can always tear through the skin. So they eat what they can, and if they can´t continue they leave. There's no chupacabras or alien creature at work.

I don´t know what it was like in the US or when the chupacabras became famous there, but I can tell you this; in Mexico no one thinks of the chupacabras as a mangy canid, like the ones that have been called chupacabras by American press. The creature had many descriptions but it was seldom if ever dog-like. Nowadays, whenever the creature is mentioned again (only in rural places), it is often described as a flying or gliding animal, not a quadruped. And in the cities you would have trouble to find anyone who still thinks the creature is real.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
possibly a spinoff of the jersey devil?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I think... if you evolve and dominate the world around you by becoming an apex predator and are so successful that no other creature can stand to you and you inhabit every corner of the globe eventually only three other species types will remain.

The ones you domesticate that live off you

The ones that learn to coexist and thrive off you

And of course the ones that evolve to hide from you

In that last group, eventually will lay your replacement just as once long ago, little rodents far to small for big dinosaurs to notice came out at night and ate their eggs.

What is Chupacabra? I don't know...but somewhere in these stories from here to moth-man or Jersey devil might be whatever one day replaces us.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I honestly don't believe there's anything to it. I believe it was something someone made up. Why someone would make it up is anyone's guess. Most likely to get attention.

I think the reason for making things up, especially stories designed to instill fear in others, is to keep people away from things you do not want discovered, such as moonshiners and illegal drug manufacturing...worked, especially for moonshiners.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The problem with Chupacabra' is that - descriptions of the observed creatures are very different from one to another. There are reports of winged creatures. There are reports for similar to dogs or wolves creatures. There are reports for creatures that can be (or not) with an extraterrestrial origin. With so many folklore and legends is difficult to say exactly what is Chupacabra.
Although most theories, however, I do not think that it is an alien or a genetic experiment. I think before we looking for extraterrestrial explanation, we must look for completely earthly one. One creature (or creatures) can evolve, hidden from us. We can say that we know the whole planet, but the truth is that we know very little about with what kinds of creatures we share the earth.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It seems to be one of those things that comes and go's. I never really thought about it being a cover up for something, good thinking.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JROCK2527

Zealand June 1981 : After the successful manipulation of several animal viruses leading to the (Holy Grail) AIDS virus, ANZSAC researchers in South Africa Teamed up with cohort scientists from Ausland and Zealand to compound the findings of their experimentation and broaden the biological significance of their work. ( Enter the Thylacine) A bizarre beast commonly know as the Tasmanian tiger, this carnivorous marsupial was purposely eradicated by sub-equatorial Anglo settlers between 1873 and 1934. Thought as totally extinct and far from public recognition, with adequate specimen DNA From archival zoological research, This little know creature was the perfect candidate for a unspeakably strange social anthropological experiment, The basis of which was to reveal how primitive cultures encountered/rationalized/adapted/and recorded encounters with unknown Biological Entities. The test would serve as a control for both Terrestrial and ExtraTerrestrial Entities due to the subjects unfamiliarity with the subject beast. The hope was that the experiment would reveal much about the human origin of superstition and to analyze the longevity and storyline degradation of such encounters over time. With the successful "cloning" of the Thylacine although stable, the badly damaged DNA through Redundant pair coupling yielded a less than stellar specimen, Never the less the stage was set. With Funding of over 80percent from US sources believing their contribution were directed toward biological weapons research,with the AIDS bastard child as a public relations "Black Plague" all international funding and the faces behind them quickly hid in the darkness. Now funded and totally isolated the work could begin in Ernest. 3 locations were selected one in south America , one in Central America and one in North America, in the nation of Mexico. The exact location of the drops have never been disclosed but were mentioned in general as part of what is loosely known as " Action Aztec Puma " . The base population was selected for their common language and geographical expanse. 2 breeding pairs of hybrid thylacines were inserted at each drop point, many years later the experiment is still going, the Legend of the ChupaCabra is born and the introduction of the artificial thylacine is a success.

*BROADCASTING FROM LOCATION DAWN*
*THE KEY IS YELLOW£*
* HOPSCOTCH IP @ 192..o022

top topics

<< 1   >>

join