It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

El Chupacabra does anyone know for sure what it is?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It has been years since the first report of the Chupacabra came out and the craze and some fear that followed. We have heard it is of alien orgin. We have heard that it is part kangaroo part hyena. Some say it flies others say it dosent. many claim to have killed it but most tests come back as some form of coyote. So lets ask the ATS world what do YOU think the chupacabra is? Do you think anyone who claims to have captured or killed it really did so? Or is the whole myth just that? A MYTH?

an what the heck maybe someone on here has seen it. If so share your experience here.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
all I know is its meant to suck to blood of goats or it was.... Not really sure what happened but the goat sucker thing seems to have been lost

I think its a case of being taken over by popular culture and its de-evolved into a mangy coyote.
edit on 16/9/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
There was an article in Fortean Times a few months ago that said the first known sighting was by a woman who had just watched the movie Mimic. The Beastie in the film and the Beastie she described were very similar, so who knows. It certainly made me wonder.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I honestly don't believe there's anything to it. I believe it was something someone made up.

Why someone would make it up is anyone's guess. Most likely to get attention.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The chupacabra is an endangered and extremely rare canine that lives in south america. Its like a wolf. At least thats what all the photos and films look like, even the police dashcam one.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Just looks like an animal with mange.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
When it was first reported,it was originally a half man half alien creature that sucked its victims dry of blood. Leaving only a small hole as evidence. With the small hole was no mess,nearly no evidence at all was left that the creature was in the area.

Then years later reports said it was a hairless dog.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I believe that the Chupacabra was at one point a government experiment that managed to escape.
As for the description, I think that it is a reptile like being, with greenish-grey skin, standing about 3' - 4' high, with spines running down its back.
I don't believe that it can fly, but rather hop great distances.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

to me the dog like ones just seem like dogs with a disease, although a show i watched had a vet sayng shes never sen mange or anything like it to the degree some of these bodies. as for the alein gargoyle like one thats beyond me, weve seen animals that live exclusivly off blood, we dont know of any with a large amount size, now than also back before humans arrived in purto rico/north america,and south america there were huge aniamls with alot of blood for a chupacabras to eat, and for something to evolve to attack and get blood from say a mammoth of a ground sloth it would have to be pretty well built and a chupacabras sounds like something that could be able(with teamwork) to take down large prey, so its not impossible for something like this, but it still has the slight problem of staying alive between the time human hunters arrived and killed most large animals and the time they actualy went to farming cows and pigs, which was several thousand years. And that would mean it had a very limited food scource for along time

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
some sort of sick genetic experiment gone wrong? merging different animals or possible extraterrestrials with each other? or might it have existed for a long time and just went extinct or into hiding?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Was:

and is:

Admittedly, the first time I saw that thing turn it's head on the dashcam I was a little shocked. No idea what canine had a head like that.
edit on 17-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
drastic chenge in description.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hello there, you can watch the news about Chupacabra and the scary footage on the last part of this video.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
is it suppossed to be evolving??? I mean its changed alot looks like its regressing instead of progressing

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I find it funny that about 90% of all of the witnesses are of Latin (hispanic, whatever..) decent.

Even the witnesses in Europe are from Spain.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Good point. but then most of those who see UFO's are rednecks so I guess chupacabra is mexicos UFO.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I think some of the so called Chupacabra sightings are actually that of the canine species Xoloitzcuintli. It is a dog I have seen a few times here in Mexico. I am from Canada and I have never seen a dog like this before.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
the newer sightings are more like a dog the older ones are more of a bipedal alien looking thing.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I don't believe any of the el Chupacabra specimens that have been found and brought forward are Chupacabra. I'm not saying that I believe 100% in Chupacabra, but I enjoy entertaining the possibility until empirical evidence is presented against it. Like said above, I thought the Chupacabra walked on two legs when it first started entering our thoughts. I don't know how it turned into a mangy coyote or dog. If it got a bad case of mange, my avatar dog could look just like a specimen of Chupacrabra. I rescued an older dog like the one in my avatar years ago, and it had severe demodectic mange. I wish I had taken some photos of the poor dog, as I suspect I could sell them on online auctions sites as el Chupacabra pictures.
edit on 16-3-2012 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
I find it funny that about 90% of all of the witnesses are of Latin (hispanic, whatever..) decent.

Even the witnesses in Europe are from Spain.

Well around these parts the vulnerable and marginalised represent a high percentage of total population. They always get #$%# over by the higher classes no matter what the circumstances are and it seems it all started back in Puerto Rico. Don't know if any of those stories hold some truth though. I tend to doubt it. But then someone brought the Chupacabra phenomena to Mexico. Here's where it all changed. Who cares about a weird blood sucking creature? All it mattered was the timing was perfect. So for some time our glorious government and its puppet the media used it to scare the #!@#& out of all ignorant people. At that time they were able to hide their dirty deeds behind this smoke screen. A very common practice around these parts.

So to sum up, the chupacabra's mexican counterpart does not exist. Just lots of mangy dogs.
edit on 16-3-2012 by Franz von Humboldt because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2012 by Franz von Humboldt because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join