It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Book: Women in Obama White House felt excluded and ignored

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

I already touched on this. Exactly why Dunn would later not confirm her earlier statements. Her husband still has a job at the White House (probably told to reign in his wife), and Dunn no doubt would like to have some sort of progressive job in the future.

Is everything a conspiracy theory? Why isn't that the most probable answer is that this is attack campaign politics? It's clearly currently going on both sides of the isle at this moment.

I already touched on this as well. You have to consider the source, which is considered quite reputable and no enemy of obama in the past. But now they publish this article. They had to have decided it was newsworthy ...

What is newsworthy these days? Micheal Jackson? Tiger Woods? Anthony Weiner? All the beltway media cares about is who they can take down a peg. At least somebody who isn't on their side, and who doesn't think like they do.

Gee I wonder what would really anger liberals about Obama? Maybe a well crafted story about how he isn't fair to women or is a misogynist pig. That will fire up the liberals against him won't it?

This is just part of the dog and pony show that comes up every 4 years.

~Keeper
edit on 9/18/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

I already touched on this. Exactly why Dunn would later not confirm her earlier statements. Her husband still has a job at the White House (probably told to reign in his wife), and Dunn no doubt would like to have some sort of progressive job in the future.

Is everything a conspiracy theory? Why isn't that the most probable answer is that this is attack campaign politics? It's clearly currently going on both sides of the isle at this moment.

Not everything. But since ATS IS a CT website, there is a lot of it going on. Don't want to think you only have a problem when the news is focused on one side.

I already touched on this as well. You have to consider the source, which is considered quite reputable and no enemy of obama in the past. But now they publish this article. They had to have decided it was newsworthy ...

What is newsworthy these days? Micheal Jackson? Tiger Woods? Anthony Weiner? All the beltway media cares about is who they can take down a peg. At least somebody who isn't on their side, and who doesn't think like they do.

No, clearly the "beltway media" (except the Washington Times) and the MSM has been in obama's camp since day one. Michelle Obama was even quoted as saying, "At least we have the media on our side.". The other references almost sound like straw man arguments, or a deflection attempt.

Gee I wonder what would really anger liberals about Obama? Maybe a well crafted story about how he isn't fair to women or is a misogynist pig. That will fire up the liberals against him won't it?

It should since it is totally opposite of who they claim to be.

This is just part of the dog and pony show that comes up every 4 years.

~Keeper
edit on 9/18/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Of course it does. This is in a political forum. But I'll look forward to seeing your similar dismissal attempts on the liberal attack/smear threads. Again, and something you seem to be ignoring, that this was a piece done by a reputable author with good credentials in a reputable newspaper that has supported obama in the past. Are you you attempting to shoot the messenger over the message?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Screw these TOKEN jobs for women. When the pickin's get slim... women who have families who need them at home... and a man who still has a good job to support them... should be stepping down anyway. JMO. They can jump back in the arena when the economy picks back up... and find creative ways to contribute to society until it does. She's just gonna have to learn to deal with it... whiney twit.
edit on 19-9-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

“I felt like a piece of meat,” Christina Romer, former head of the Council of Economic Advisers, said of one meeting in which Suskind writes she was “boxed out” by Summers.
reply to post by centurion1211

If you google image this Ms Romer, you'll see how rare an occasion that must be for her...I don't think feminists can agree on anything really...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

Do you remember Janet Reno???

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by shushu

I do. Don't be tough on her - she did a fantastic job at Waco and during that whole Randy Weaver business.

Do you remember Joycelyn Elders? That was a real example of placing the most qualified person in the job.
She had a lot of good things to say. Problem was that with her mumbling you could not understand anything she said - other than that whole business about masturbation.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by shushu

I do. Don't be tough on her - she did a fantastic job at Waco and during that whole Randy Weaver business.

Really? You think Janet Reno did a "fantastic job" at Waco?

Then why do you think the nickname heard most often for her is "Janet Sterno"?

Hint: because all those men, women and children that were burned to death as part of the fantastic job she did.

Not to mention allowing the use of regular armed forces to participate in violation of the Posse Comitatus Act.

edit on 9/19/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I was kidding - sorry for the confusion.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The MSM is once again, hypocritical defending Obama and attacking the author of this book.

newsbusters.org...

Working hard to run defense for the Obama administration on Tuesday's NBC Today, co-host Ann Curry interrogated journalist Ron Suskind on his new book critical of the White House and announced she wanted to go through unflattering parts of the book "one by one," while using Obama Press Secretary Jay Carney-approved talking points to discredit it. [Audio available here]

Curry began the interview with Suskind, author of "Confidence Men," by touting White House claims that the Pulitzer Prize winner plagiarized some background information in the book from Wikipedia: "Did you or did you not lift that passage from Wikipedia?...How do you account it for being so similar?"

By contrast, the MSM LOVED and defended this author when he wrote a book bashing Bush.

newsbusters.org...

While co-host Ann Curry on Tuesday's NBC "Today" wondered if Ron Suskind's "Confidence Men" was "fact or fiction," on August 5, 2008, then-co-host Meredith Vieira touted Suskind's claim in "Way of the World" that the Bush administration's case for the Iraq war was "worse than Watergate."

Speaking of Suskind's latest work on Tuesday, Curry described how Obama administration "top officials are lining up to say they were either misquoted or taken out of context by the author." She then wondered: "Did he get the story right?"

In contrast, while Vieira noted the Bush White House labeling Suskind's book at that time "absurd and gutter journalism," she also stressed the reporter's credibility: "And now to that new bombshell book that claims the White House deliberately misled the American public about the case for war in Iraq. The author, a Pulitzer-prize winning journalist."

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by shushu

Really? You think Janet Reno did a "fantastic job" at Waco?

Then why do you think the nickname heard most often for her is "Janet Sterno"?

Hint: because all those men, women and children that were burned to death as part of the fantastic job she did.

Not to mention allowing the use of regular armed forces to participate in violation of the Posse Comitatus Act.

edit on 9/19/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

I don't know about you... but I'm not willing to sacrifice my family or my friends in a STAND OFF over my personal beliefs. If I want to die alone... so be it. So I guess that pretty much tells me who the real villain (incompetent schmuck) in this story is. David Koresh.

Randy Weaver now admits he was in the wrong... but that isn't going to bring back his family, is it???

And as far as Posse Comitatus... Gordon Kahl comes to mind. Another "useful" idiot.
edit on 21-9-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join