It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. tax-evasion probe leads to Israeli banks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

U.S. tax-evasion probe leads to Israeli banks

www.rawstory.com

The U.S. pursuit of offshore tax evaders is widening to include Israel, where U.S. authorities are scrutinizing three of Israel's largest banks over suspicions their Swiss outposts helped American clients evade taxes, people briefed on the matter said.

The banks under scrutiny by the U.S. Justice Department's criminal tax division are Bank Hapoalim, Bank Leumi le-Israel BM and Mizrahi-Tefahot, the sources said.

is the biggest recipient of U.S. aid -- $3.1 billion last year.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I don't think this will go very far
Probably AIPAC will put a cloak on this real fast

But it's an interesting development nonetheless

Tax evading offshore accounts probably have a safe haven in Israel because of Aipac
It's almost like... why didn't they think of it before

Many of his clients, Dorot said, hold dual U.S.-Israeli citizenship and had opened their Israeli accounts with Israeli passports and not disclosed their U.S. citizenship -- a factor that makes them U.S. taxpayers.

Well that's not too surprising

www.rawstory.com

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Tax evading offshore accounts probably have a safe haven in Israel because of Aipac It's almost like... why didn't they think of it before

I understand that you see the word "Israel" and then it all is down the hill, but it is your own source.
I suggest reading it carefully because it has clearly better and less evil word "Swiss" in it several times.
Like - Swiss outposts? So money is not in Israel - it is in Switzerland. And just as Swiss banks were used for (or were using ) this, Swiss outposts of Israeli banks were using this too. The paper work is in Israel. Money is not.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
The paper work is in Israel. Money is not.

Dude you don't get it
There is no money, it's just computer digits

So where does the trail go to?

Follow the paperwork

And this is not about Israel the way you think it is
If you really want to go there and respond to my argument then say "AIPAC is not as powerful as you think it is"
Somehow I doubt that you will say this

There's paperwork in Israel and AIPAC will just sit down?
I find that hard to believe, that was my argument
By the way I read the entire article thank you very much

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Considering that Obama has lost the Jewish vote I doubt much will come of this.

It'll be handled quietly with a light tap on the wrist.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

i thought they kept the jew gold in a bag around their neck, not in banks

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Tax evading offshore accounts probably have a safe haven in Israel because of Aipac
It's almost like... why didn't they think of it before

Many of his clients, Dorot said, hold dual U.S.-Israeli citizenship and had opened their Israeli accounts with Israeli passports and not disclosed their U.S. citizenship -- a factor that makes them U.S. taxpayers.

Well that's not too surprising

www.rawstory.com

No people probably did this because after all is said and done the US has one of the absolute HIGHEST tax burdens of any country.

Our land of the free has been going down hill, one regulation, one additional 2.5% tax and fee at a time.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This will be swept under the rug. Washington has too many Israeli shills and sell outs for them to actually hold someone's balls to the fire over actual misdeeds coming from that country.

Ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake

i thought they kept the jew gold in a bag around their neck, not in banks

Mate ...its kept in the teeth...for poor /smartJews.
Gold is for intelligent people.
Anyone can buy it, but it does require a brain.

You imagine Jewry as your worst enemy..the real enemy will slit your throat , before you can see them, and they don't wear hats.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Dr Expired because: added life saving info

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I used to hate tax evaders until I realised that ONE THIRD of the entire federal budget goes to pay INTEREST on the GROWING DEBT! When you begin realising that not only is your hard earned tax money being wasted, but in effect it is being USED AGAINST YOUR WILL with one stupid decision after another these criminals in washington deserve NOTHING AT ALL!

Of course one must do what one must do to stay out of jail, but its grossely shameful we have to pay money to get screwed. A country for the people and by the people means government listens, cares, acts proactively, fixes problems, etc. Instead we have a government by the people, FOR THE BANKERS who plan to use this money to bring about a one world government.

If you think its funny, just wait another year or two and remember I told you so sucker!!!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
If ya buy gold ..buy pure.

new topics

top topics

join