It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New NASA video (TODAY: Friday Sept 16, 2011) ensuring "Comet Elenin no threat"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Honda passed within 5.6 million miles of Earth. Elenin (or what's left of it) will be 4 times more distant. Was it on the news? Nope. Why? Because it wasn't visible.

Why did a NASA representative say anything about Elenin? Because some people are panicking about it and others are making a buck off of the nonsense. Unfortunately he failed to realize that in the minds of a conspiracy theorist an "official" statement that the comet poses no risk becomes a coverup of the "real" story. Even though it has been clear since it was discovered that Elenin is was nothing but a rather insignificant comet.

edit on 9/16/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

My friend Phage, with all due respect, do you really think NASA gives a crap about what people are gossiping about on the net? And, wouldn't you agree that the people who are panicking about this is a VERY small number of the population?

Why then, would NASA waste its time and money (er, OUR money) to talk about something that just isn't a real threat? More importantly, when was the last time the government listened to the people and responded to the people publicly?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

There was this one:
astrobob.areavoices.com...

Elenin is not "heading towards Earth". It's heading for a point in space 23 million miles from earth.

Yes, but in Astronomical terms, that is a very close call....by the skin on my chinny chin chin!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I find it interesting that one, such as yourself, would bring a video to our attention, and then, completely
ignore it's contents. Instead of refuting, or confirming facts, you insist on questioning the motivation of the author, and the media in general, for not showing any interest.

Quite honestly, I am now concerned about your motivation. I suspect that you just want to continue the "fear mongering" about comet Elenin, and that you don't have any facts to support such mongering. Go ahead, attack the messenger, or in your case, attack the lack of a messenger. It doesn't matter, Either way, you come off looking like a fool!

Comet Elenin is NOT a threat! My advise to you is: Get over it!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

My advice to you is, read more than the initial post - almost as quickly as we discussed it being a threat (or NOT being one), we turned to the fact that (threat or not) it's not being discussed, at all.

And, the poster (3x) immediately before you brings up some intersting points as well. Whether relevant or not, it's worth discussing. It's all about getting the right/verifiable information - not fear-mongering.

Good day, to you.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Judging from the noise level on the internet it could be a significant number of people.
Remember a comet called Hale-Bopp? Remember what happened?
www.ifa.hawaii.edu...
www.ifa.hawaii.edu...
www.ifa.hawaii.edu...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Close? No it isn't.
We get just about that close to Venus.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I just saw contagion and a womans name on there is called ally, i believe, but why does the man say Eli, or ele?

edit on 16-9-2011 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
reply to post by BenReclused

My advice to you is, read more than the initial post - almost as quickly as we discussed it being a threat (or NOT being one), we turned to the fact that (threat or not) it's not being discussed, at all.

And, the poster (3x) immediately before you brings up some intersting points as well. Whether relevant or not, it's worth discussing. It's all about getting the right/verifiable information - not fear-mongering.

Good day, to you.

Yeah, they're not talking about it and I, for one, want to know why?!

It's not like they specifically addressed it in some pointed video, evaporating fears with common knowledge. They certainly didn't cite facts that are easily researchable, something that the Elenin/Nibiru/Planet X community are lacking.

I mean, why won't they talk about it?

"Doomsday Comet Fades Away"

"Doomsday Comet Elenin is Doomed"

"Comet Elenin is now Fading Away"

"Comet Elenin Self-Destructs"

"More about Comet Elenin"

"Is Comet Elenin Burning Out, As Is the Doomsday Madness, I Pray"

"Exposing Psedoastronomy : Podcast Tackles Comet Elenin Nonsense"

"Op-Ed: Comet Elenin, Nibiru - On science of fear and fearlessness"

edit on 2011/9/16 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

edit on 2011/9/16 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

read more than the initial post

I DID read every response that was posted previous to the time that I started my response.

I was interrupted while I was typing my post, for about 20 minutes. I did, indeed, miss several posts during that time. I also noticed that you seemed satisfied with Phage's answer, and that you did, indeed, turn to "the fact that (threat or not) it's not being discussed, at all." Isn't that still an attack on "the lack of a messenger"?

the poster (3x) immediately before you brings up some intersting points as well.

Are you referring to these:

I think the BIGGER question is if it is "nothing at all" why IS ANYONE talking about it??

That's an attack on motivation. To answer his question: Most of the people "pushing" the woes of Elenin are merely seeking attention. Though their motivations may differ, fear mongering is a "tried and true" way to solicit money from the unsuspecting.

Notice how many times he uses the word "Tiny" in this video. Also, notice his facial expressions, particularly the number of times and timing of his blinks. My experience in reading body language is that he is lying. Well, not that he is lying, he is simply telling a story that was written for him to deliver, that he knows not to be the truth.

I'm not foolish enough to make a decision based on the "experience" of someone with no qualifications. Are you? That was only speculation, and nothing more.

do you really think NASA gives a crap about what people are gossiping about on the net? And, wouldn't you agree that the people who are panicking about this is a VERY small number of the population?

Why then, would NASA waste its time and money (er, OUR money) to talk about something that just isn't a real threat? More importantly, when was the last time the government listened to the people and responded to the people publicly?

That is only an attempt to "muddy the waters".

but in Astronomical terms, that is a very close call

... and THAT is an exaggeration!

I'm curious: Where do you stand on this issue now?

See ya,
Milt
edit on 16-9-2011 by BenReclused because: Punctuation

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

lunarscience.nasa.gov...

"The Truth about Comet Elenin"

So, um... why isn't there any talk about this on the MSM, if it's not a threat? Not CNN, FOX, MSNBC, Headline News, RT, Drudge, Al Jazeera, BBC, etc...?!

I already have a thread on this.

But unlike others, I don't mind because it's important news.

edit on 16-9-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Yeah, they're not talking about it and I, for one, want to know why?!

I am not one of "them" therefore, I am sure that I can't answer that question to your satisfaction. Have you considered asking "them". "They", no doubt, have email accounts.

I will toss this one to you anyway: Comet Elenin just isn't newsworthy.

I feel "DJW001" did a very good job of answering someone else's similar question with:

There are about a dozen new comets discovered every year. How many of them do you see as "filler" on the news? None of them. Every once in a while an unusually spectacular comet like Hale-Bopp or Kouhoutek will come by and make a splash... but the rest? Check out Sky & Telescope's blog if you want news about comets, not CNN.

Just so you know:
Richard C. Hoagland is as full of crap (I would have preferred a word that rymes with "it"!) as a Thanksgiving Day turkey!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

But unlike others, I don't mind because it's important news.

I agree with you. It's too bad so many would rather ignore a renowned scientist, and accept the words of "ATS conspiracy theorists" at face value.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Some people are so dense. Think for yourselves for once. How can people write something off when they clearly havent been given all of the details. Anybody e er ask why do we keep being shown the map with the dots when we could be shown a close up image of elenin. If we can see nebulas and planets in distant galaxies then why cant we see something that is now in our solar system. One day its the size of a planet then its a small comet...fact is they are just not showing YOU!. Theyre building bunkers every where, and desperately trying to find other habitable planets in a hurry. But if you guys want to chalk it all up to coincidence and feel comforta le with the secrecy of info...and dont think that the possibility of an extinction level event is newsworthy then ur gonna feel pretty stupid for having all of your blind trust when they are blasting off in their arks and youre mad cuase youre looking at the fire on its way down standing next to youre kids or friends and families. So many coincidences...the name of it in terms of its definition when broken down...ancient warnings and all of the secrecy seen by the govt and military guarding all of the pyramids..the movies showing all of the details now occurring...i mean gosh..what more do people need..when do people put their foot down?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by patternchek
If we can see nebulas and planets in distant galaxies then why cant we see something that is now in our solar system.

What planet or nebula have you seen, may I ask?

With the naked eye you can see the Andromeda Galaxy, 2.5 million light years from Earth.

With a telescope you can see the structure of all the galaxies, but no one has ever actually seen a planet outside our solar system.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
To be fair to the OP, C/2010 X1 Elenin will get closer to Earth than most long period comets. It's just that it isn't all that impressive, and it will not be visible to the naked eye. That's why the news media isn't talking about it (apart from noting the hysteria).

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

Originally posted by patternchek
If we can see nebulas and planets in distant galaxies then why cant we see something that is now in our solar system.

What planet or nebula have you seen, may I ask?

With the naked eye you can see the Andromeda Galaxy, 2.5 million light years from Earth.

With a telescope you can see the structure of all the galaxies, but no one has ever actually seen a planet outside our solar system.

i didnt mean with the naked eye. I was referring to the planets and other galexies shown on nasa. Meaning they can show us the eye on jupiter and the rings of saturn and even the crab nebula in full detail with colors and all. Then why havent they fo used their super telescopes onto this comet/ dwarf planet or what ever it is. Not to say that it is going to hit us like every one else ranting about elenin.... I just get concerned when those n the know with hold info and start taking all of these humanity preserving measures.....Sometimes when you have no e idence of what the facts are you can still gather the intentions or concerns of those in the know by what they do as opposed to what they say the same way a detective or a judge would...Same rules apply.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Questions?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Probably because it's not a threat.

YU55 made it into the news. Read into that what you will.

st.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
All kidding aside, how much influence, anyway are we really talking about due to gravity by an object (comet, in this case) at a distance of 22 million miles?

At this point I'd more concerned about passing thru the debris field

But, I still find the alignments / timings interesting - the whole 188 day thing, to boot - it's likely that the Sun's activity has had more to do with tectonic shifts (resulting in quakes, eruptions, floods, etc) - but you have to wonder what influence, if any, Elenin has had in conjunction with CMEs, solar winds, affects on earth's magneto/iono-spheres as a result if these alignments(?))

edit on 9/17/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Phage

Hmmmm.... okay... I guess the "Published: Friday, September 16, 2011 - 15:37 PDT " refers to anything on that page, and not necessarily the video, then, right above it.

Thanks for the quick response and linkage.

lmaoo KnowITall people... aren't they great?

*Thanks for the quick response..." you say... *lol* He's always quickly responding...lol lol

Pompous egotist.... this guy would argue with a paperbag if he thought the paperbag didn't agree with him. lol

I just had to tell you I loved how you handled the situation.

concerning the thread...TY for the INFO... I've never seen this vid. My only question... who started the elenin thing anyway? What I seem to know about this... everytime elenin aligns with a planet... or moon... something happens... no?

If the extreme weather is NOT caused by a meteor or comet... then what is causing it? HARRP? That's my first theory. Instead of Nuking each other to death... we'll just earthquake each other to death..! lmaoo lord

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join