It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New NASA video (TODAY: Friday Sept 16, 2011) ensuring "Comet Elenin no threat"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
lunarscience.nasa.gov...

"The Truth about Comet Elenin"

So, um... why isn't there any talk about this on the MSM, if it's not a threat? Not CNN, FOX, MSNBC, Headline News, RT, Drudge, Al Jazeera, BBC, etc...?!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
It's not a new video.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And you're not the first person who thinks it is.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9/16/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hmmmm.... okay... I guess the "Published: Friday, September 16, 2011 - 15:37 PDT " refers to anything on that page, and not necessarily the video, then, right above it.

Thanks for the quick response and linkage.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Ah, that is the current time - wtf?

STILL...

Okay, whether comet elenin is a threat or NOT, why is no one talking about it at all?!

Whether it poses an imminent threat or not, I find to be irrelevent - the fact that we talk about Halley, Shoemaker-Levy 9, Hale-Bopp, Swift-Tuttle...

WHY are we not at least talking about it, merely from a point of interest, and/or in the name of science?!

Usually, they try to throw some type of feel-good or science story in between all the death and distruction on the news, right?

If this wasn't a threat (at all) why would they select this story as fodder for their daily news program, at least ONCE?

Fishy enough for me, to think there IS reason for concern.

Just sayin'.
edit on 9/16/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

So, um... why isn't there any talk about this on the MSM, if it's not a threat?

Probably because it's not a threat. The nightly news will tease you all afternoon with ads like: "What deadly killer could be lurking behind your walls?" When you tune in at 10.00, it turns out some people still have asbestos insulation and asbestos, they remind you, is a deadly killer!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

See above (I was editing while you were posting).

If it's truly NOT a threat, would be easy 'filler' news story in between all the other crap.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

its never been a threat, why would the msm even give it air time if its going to do absolutely nothing

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MastaShake

I'm going to type this slowly...

If it is NOT a threat, just have the story as a point of interest. (like all the other comets).

Easy filler story. When was the last time we DIDN'T talk about a comet in our neighborhood that was hurtling towards - WHETHER IT WAS A THREAT OR NOT.

Get off the 'threat' trip - why is it not being mentioned AT ALL?!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
NASA can't predict when there gonna have there next lunch break.

Let alone the landing location of the UARS.

So elenin? 'Can't touch this'.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The fact that NASA need to release this video makes me even more suspicious.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
To be fair I don't think Elenin is a threat. Now if the MSM came out and said hey this comet Elenin is coming by soon, but don't worry, it's not a threat, then you would need to start thinking conspiracy.

This whole thing has been blown out of proportion, simply because it ties in with the 2012 BS.

I think it is safe to say, we will be having an on line conversation in 2013. Peace.
edit on 16/9/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

If it's truly NOT a threat, would be easy 'filler' news story in between all the other crap.

There are about a dozen new comets discovered every year. How many of them do you see as "filler" on the news? None of them. Every once in a while an unusually spectacular comet like Hale-Bopp or Kouhoutek will come by and make a splash... but the rest? Check out Sky & Telescope's blog if you want news about comets, not CNN.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

How many of them are heading towards earth?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

There was this one:
astrobob.areavoices.com...

Elenin is not "heading towards Earth". It's heading for a point in space 23 million miles from earth.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Wrong.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

There was this one:
astrobob.areavoices.com...

Elenin is not "heading towards Earth". It's heading for a point in space 23 million miles from earth.

Semantics. In relative terms, how many other comets are going to be passing so close to earth (as it wil be) anytime soon?

Jesus Christ, are we really going to split hairs, on this #?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

How many of them are heading towards earth?

All of them, give or take a billion kilometers here or there.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Honda passed within 5.6 million miles of Earth. Elenin (or what's left of it) will be 4 times more distant. Was it on the news? Nope. Why? Because it wasn't visible.

Why did a NASA representative say anything about Elenin? Because some people are panicking about it and others are making a buck off of the nonsense. Unfortunately he failed to realize that in the minds of a conspiracy theorist an "official" statement that the comet poses no risk becomes a coverup of the "real" story. Even though it has been clear since it was discovered that Elenin is was nothing but a rather insignificant comet.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks - I'll accept that. Good info.

Now... what was with all the 'bigger object' nonsense that I saw fly by the new topics (but didn't have a chance to open) - any idea?

Any truth or connection to the "188 days (earthquake)" thread?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

Ah, that is the current time - wtf?

STILL...

Okay, whether comet elenin is a threat or NOT, why is no one talking about it at all?!

Whether it poses an imminent threat or not, I find to be irrelevent - the fact that we talk about Halley, Shoemaker-Levy 9, Hale-Bopp, Swift-Tuttle...

WHY are we not at least talking about it, merely from a point of interest, and/or in the name of science?!

Usually, they try to throw some type of feel-good or science story in between all the death and distruction on the news, right?

If this wasn't a threat (at all) why would they select this story as fodder for their daily news program, at least ONCE?

Fishy enough for me, to think there IS reason for concern.

Just sayin'.
edit on 9/16/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

I think the BIGGER question is if it is "nothing at all" why IS ANYONE talking about it?? Seriously? Notice how many times he uses the word "Tiny" in this video. Also, notice his facial expressions, particularly the number of times and timing of his blinks. My experience in reading body language is that he is lying. Well, not that he is lying, he is simply telling a story that was written for him to deliver, that he knows not to be the truth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join