It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg: Riots to come for US

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I currently own and operate 3 businesses currently, all LLCs. I have found that if you only pretend to pay your employees, they will only pretend to work.

I have no problems finding qualified, loyal, honest, people to work for me because I respect them and pay them very well. In effect making them partners in my enterprises and in return they don't steal raw materials, work hard and they treat me the way I treat them as with respect and style.

If an employee in any business doesn't feel respected and valued; they will seek retribution in one form or another.

You reap what you sow!!!

Honestly that is the truth...you said it so well, I have worked places like that and I have been on the other end too, (WAL MART) Let me tell you, even if the pay isn't that great, but the employer is paying you what he is able to, some can't pay very high especially a small business, but they treat you with dignity and respect, I am going to keep that job even if I am offered $1,000/week, but I've met the company owner and he seems liike a tool, guess what I am staying with the guy who has treated me decently. Exactly what I was saying. Dude I'd work for three dollars an hour if the person treated me like a human being and not like a roach looking down on me like he/she wants to squash me. It's true good companies keep their employees bad companies (Like Wal Mart) sees huge turnover rates because one they pay crap and can afford to pay better and they treat people like a bug stuck to the bottom of their shoe!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Yeah people don't want to work you are right. I found a job for 15.00 an hour. Although it is in one of the most expensive cities to live in in the USA, so it didn't amount to much. I beat everyone else out for the job and i got it through hard work, and tons of overtime, doing 2-3x jobs per day. Should i have to work so hard for so little? No. Did i have to, yes. The fact remains that i am not college educated. I worked 2x harder then any of the direct new hire college students and complained a whole hell of a lot less. It took me a year to find that job. Its funny how the college students got started at the same wage i did with bachelors degrees.

Is there a job shortage? Hell yes.

To think because there isn't a ton of pharmacist that are willing to work hard and because of that the job market has extra jobs doesn't really go well together. College students are SOL as far as what they have been told their whole lives college was suppose to do. These kids were told that they would go to college, graduate and get out and find a well paying job that wasn't overly difficult and have a happy and rewarding life. Which in my opinion is what it should be.

Come to find out they are competing with liscened construction workers with 15 years experience in their industries who are willing to work their butts off for a penny for a job that requires hard labor to fund corporate fat cats wallets with little to no reward on top of having their dreams crushed. Well yeah... they may riot.

The first few posters are naive at best.

Bit of a rant sorry. The first few posters including the OP sort of well, not enraged but angered me sort of. It was just so ignorant and one sided i couldn't help it.
edit on 16-9-2011 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

It seems you have a negative attitude towards college student. You've worked hard your whole life (a commendable thing we need more hard workers in this world), but you don't seem to realize that getting a college degree isn't all fun and games. You might think college is all parties and drugs but the kids that play it like that are the ones that drop out.

If you work hard in college and earn your degree, and actually apply yourself to finding a job in your field it is not that hard in this country. It really is the land of opportunity, and the real hard workers will always find work.

Also thinking that college students that find trouble acquiring employment after college will go on to commit riots the likes of the riots in Cairo... that's a bit of a stretch don't you think? I have a hard time seeing any large scale riots happening unless things get a whole lot worse.

As to us few starting posters being naive, would you care to elaborate?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
im sorry but saying there are jobs out there you just have to look is untrue sure you may be looking but is every other business....where i live currently the way business are working is if they can avoid full time 40+ hours a week and just hire two part time they will....and im sorry but part time isnt going to pay the bills....now if you guys do offer full time i congratulate you on that......but sadly i refuse to work two different jobs because they just want to be a stiffy why bust my butt and work hard when they dont even care. they just want to save as much as they can for their wallet while im doing my best to fill mine to provide.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I think that here in Japan the Problems are much worse,
in the US you still have a Life with "Working Poor" or even without a Job!

Here the max. for Unemployment Benefit is 6 Month,
for normal people under 65 there is no Welfare System.

The People need to work at 7/11 or daywork in F`Shima,
then the real Problem start.

To get a Room you need someone as a Guarantor and a 6 Month Working Contract+
a immense Amount of "Welcome Money" for the Landlord and Agents!
You need this also for a Mobile-Phone and for a Bank Contract.

We have many People who are highly Educated in all forms of Science
but we let them go crazy in the Combini-Shops!

The normal "Freeter" (Freelance+ Arbeiter) get paid 800 Yen,
when you are alone you can do 2 Jobs a day, but whats happen with a Family?

Japan is creating a new Class,
in the good days 95% of the Population belongs into the Middleclass,
this days a sadly gone!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Maybe those people moved elsewhere? Who knows there may be a myriad of reasons the turnover is so high there...heck some of them may have only needed some money to start their own business. And one "pharmacy" in But F**** Egypt doesn't necessarily mean there are "jobs everywhere" Not every body lives in your little corner of the globe!

But F**** Egypt?

Excuse me but... I was sharing a news report and my own view of it from what I knew of the circumstances first hand. Did I break some law that says I have to have a freakin office that oversees ever freakin job on earth just to offer that opinion???

Hey... don't fret. here's a valium and a cold beer. The headphones are in the corner. Please don't hurt anyone because this is my thread and they are my guests, okay?

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
mods, please edit the thread title the OP is clearly taking it out of context and misleading the users

he was speaking of unemployed college kids, and it was a throw away comment in a radio interview, he did not predict riots

jeesh

Dammit, you caught me. I am out to fool the freaking world. It was just bad luck that Sherlock Holmes was on the job.

Every time I try a thread here, I am convinced more and more that a decent conversation is impossible.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I agree. It seems the young adults of today expect to start at the top and not have to earn, learn and expereince his wages. They are truely spoiled. It is far worse then jsut these graduating students, the middle aged-middle class have been highly crushed in the past few years. We are alos looking for jobs that dont exist. I have decided to take a pharmacutical classes get the degree and work slowly upwards. I realize I haev to start on the bottom to reach the top.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I have over 10 years in management. Every time I apply for a line level position someone else is hired and I am never even called. Why can that be? Because they can hire a pretty looking 20 yo to do the non skilled labor, treat them like crap, and expect full compliance without any questioning, in addition to the fact that the unskilled employee will not leave, where a skilled employee will still be looking for another job. When you get toward the age of 40 it is more difficult to get hired, especially in this economy. Companies want young people to perform labor as they are quicker in appearance. Although, arguably in my career in management younger people cause more issues in a company and require more supervision, and the need for more follow up.

While I do understand you may have a sign hiring someone to flip pizzas, would you hire me for minimum wage that has spent 10 years as a mid level manager responsible for supervising some 150 employees, who is knowledgeable on labor laws, employment issues, and could potentially know more about how to operate your business within the confines of the law then you? I could identify violations of health and safety codes, come upon with solutions, write procedure and policy, know my rights if I am injured, and report you to the proper authorities if you did not adhere to protecting my safety. I doubt you would hire me, as I would be a threat to you. Yet, you would never know that if I have a loyal employer I would work extremely hard to protect their interests. If you hired me to flip pizzas, I will be constantly thinking about ways to improve efficiency of your business. I would ask questions about why things are done they way they are, not to challenge you, but so that I can understand the business more thoroughly and contribute my skills where necessary.

Yet sadly, most employers, do not want a thinking employee--when they can have a drone.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Here in canada we can expect the same problems
10$ dollars per hour here isnt enough to pay for a lets say 1,000$ apartment monthly rents, whats worse some apartments wont let you live unless you have a full time or part time job

Where i live i hear alot of people are way overstressed from there jobs, people dont get enough breaks or summer breaks, people work 24/7 days depepnds what job you have.

Believe me some people here are getting tired of this,sure rich folks dont feel anything cause they have there money.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Riots is what they want to happen.

Hegelian Dialect-----They have used it so many times it can no longer be seen by most.

Just keep shining the light on them.....eventually they will get badgered enough and spaz out and make some worse mistakes than 911.

Then laugh at them...they hate to be laughed at and not taken seriously. They hate when you no longer fear what they will do or what they have done. Don't get all sad, patriotic, and come together like ya care about the people they wiped out and do the moment of silent mourning. Don't start directing your anger and fear at each other about your patriotism or lack of... don't start blaming other countries and get all paranoid and fearful amongst yourselves and other cultures...Throw a party and laugh at them...laugh at how reckless and stupid they are.

Make some birthday cakes with illuminati symbols on them...eat the cakes as if you are literally physically eating the secret orders and celebrate how stupid they are and how powerful you really are over them.

The goal is to get that eye in the pyramid so mad and hysterical it begins to twitch. Kinda like on the old Pink Panther movies when Inspector Clusso drives his boss completely batty and his eye begins to twitch..

This is how you will win.
edit on 16-9-2011 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
For those of you who want to go to college, but don't want to get incredibly in debt, consider a community college for 2 years. That's what I'm doing and then transferring after 2 years in 2013 (if the S hasn't HTF). Instead of paying $25,000 a year, I'm only paying $2,500.

Just my 2 cents, for what's it worth...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Yeah, pretty much. Even if you have a college degree, it doesn't matter apparently. Especially if you don't want to commute.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by jude11

While I do understand you may have a sign hiring someone to flip pizzas, would you hire me for minimum wage that has spent 10 years as a mid level manager responsible for supervising some 150 employees, who is knowledgeable on labor laws, employment issues, and could potentially know more about how to operate your business within the confines of the law then you? I could identify violations of health and safety codes, come upon with solutions, write procedure and policy, know my rights if I am injured, and report you to the proper authorities if you did not adhere to protecting my safety. I doubt you would hire me, as I would be a threat to you. Yet, you would never know that if I have a loyal employer I would work extremely hard to protect their interests. If you hired me to flip pizzas, I will be constantly thinking about ways to improve efficiency of your business. I would ask questions about why things are done they way they are, not to challenge you, but so that I can understand the business more thoroughly and contribute my skills where necessary.

Yet sadly, most employers, do not want a thinking employee--when they can have a drone.

I would hire you in an instant because I always give the benefit of the doubt to someone that actually wants to work. And then after we decided that you are a good fit and you have the skills, I would set up another location with you as the manager.

When the potential is there...I see it. When someone wants to work...I see that also. And then we're in business!

As far as drones go, can't use them. I need someone to be ME when I'm not around.

Simple.

Good Luck in your search...truly.

Peace.

edit on 16-9-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Maybe those people moved elsewhere? Who knows there may be a myriad of reasons the turnover is so high there...heck some of them may have only needed some money to start their own business. And one "pharmacy" in But F**** Egypt doesn't necessarily mean there are "jobs everywhere" Not every body lives in your little corner of the globe!

But F**** Egypt?

Excuse me but... I was sharing a news report and my own view of it from what I knew of the circumstances first hand. Did I break some law that says I have to have a freakin office that oversees ever freakin job on earth just to offer that opinion???

Hey... don't fret. here's a valium and a cold beer. The headphones are in the corner. Please don't hurt anyone because this is my thread and they are my guests, okay?

Thanks.

That's jsut a term for a place far away or never heard of... lol
I thought you'd know that being from the states.
It simply a term to imply being somewhere out in the boonies also.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Here's a quote from the article:

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg warned Friday there could be “riots” in the streets of U.S. cities if the economy doesn’t pick up soon. The lack of jobs is making people increasingly desperate, Bloomberg said on his weekly WOR radio show. "We have a lot of kids graduating college, can't find jobs," Bloomberg said, according to the New York Daily News. "That's what happened in Cairo. That's what happened in Madrid. You don't want those kinds of riots here."
URL:
www.newsmax.com...

This demands a walk out onto the thin ice of acceptable speech here... because this is simply bulls**t.

My wife manages a national chain drug store location here and she cannot get good help at any level. There's not enough pharmacists and not very many who will work other positions for well above the minimum wage. They come in, work a few days and either quit or simply don't show up.

What's with that?

I do understand that the middle class employment opportunities moved to China but, dammit all to hell, if you're hungry and need to pay bills, there ARE jobs!

Do you really expect people to come in and work for minimum wage? That crap won't get the average american with children, housing costs, food expenses, medical, etc through the goddamn WEEK. Put yourself in someone else's shoes for a sec before you say "there are jobs!". If the job isn't paying enough to keep you from having to file for FOOD STAMPS, the job isn't worth a damn!!!!!!!

Until the wages keep up with the extreme cost of living, don't expect someone to suck it up and work for pennies. There will be blood in the streets of the United States before that happens, mark my words.

This country is screwed. You're damn right there will be riots. The government has used the last 30 years to ensure that there will be civil unrest.

THEY WANT THE POLICE STATE. What better way to make that a reality by raping the populace of all income and making the only jobs available utter slave labor, with pay so low that you could not survive of it in America?

This is all planned folks. The unemployment. The debt. The wars. All of it.

When the riots begin, you better believe that mixed in with the kids out there screaming for jobs and equality, will be CIA plants tossing moltov cocktails through the windows of whatever small business that has been lucky enough to survive this god awful economy created by the corrupt politcos and the bankers.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Well how abouyt trying a revolution instead of a riot?
Wed get to defend ourselves with something other than a picket sign , and there would be better disipline maybe....
The Militias should be leading the way right now, andf its about time some states succeeded or dropped out of the union.
It would give the revolutionaries a base to act from.
The feds are drunken with their power.
Time to get the military on our side as well.....

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Even Ron Paul knows that they are gettng ready for the riots in america.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
There is understandably a great deal of anger and frustration out there. CEO's of banks getting TARP funds are getting multi-million dollar bonuses while Joe Six Pack does not have two nickels to rub together.

Unfortunately for the American people, much of the anger has been misdirected into this tea party nonsense. While I do not condone rioting, looting a wealthy neighborhood would probably be more productive than threatening to kill the president because he is threatening to cut into the medical insurance industry's profits.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gewehr1942

First off, i was voicing support for them. I didn't go to traditional college because i chose a career in an industry that requires a different kind of training. Secondly working hard is for people following their passion, not everyday people who just want to live. They SHOULDN'T have to work their ass off for food and shelter, lets be honest. The fact that we have to literally slave in order to make ends meet is beyond reason. That in itself calls for radical change. These kids have the right to be pissed. Weather you believe they feel entitled or not doesn't mean a damn thing. We deserve as human beings to live how we want without having to break our backs for it. We damn well have the resources and intelligence to do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join