It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killer bees attack farm animals killing a 1000-lb Hog caught on film.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Killer bees attack farm animals killing a 1000-lb Hog

The hive was said to weighed about 200 pounds ,and was home to more than 250,000 Africanized killer bees ,which killed the 1000lbs hog ,and also attacked a pregnant sow that was 800lbs.

Things got worse when the bees turned their fury on the farmers, who were trying to move the farm animals to safety. Hewitt was stung several times on her face, and her arms

Mrs Hewitt said

"I jumped into a car but the passenger side window was down, and they came in a black cloud towards me. I tried to swat at them and get them out the drivers side window."

Hewitt said at least three bees went into her ears, and one got stuck between her glasses.

In the video it shows a big swarm of bees buzzing around a hog, and stinging it to death.

Animal caretaker Ian Peters said he had never seen anything like it.

"It was pretty bad. I got stung at least four or five times,"

Expert Reed Booth the man charged with getting rid of the bees claimed killer bee attacks are increasing this year and getting much worse.

"I do most of the Africanized bee eradications for the sheriff's department, the fire department, and the border patrol. They're much ornier this year for some reason. This is the worst I've seen in ten years,"

Source
edit on 16-9-2011 by TheMaverick because: Link Added

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This is horrible for anything to go through! Why post this unfortunate event with video?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm guessing they didn't go into that building that the beehive was in for a while. Otherwise they would have noticed and got it took care of?

Ugh, I hate bugs.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Toughen up a bit please.

------------------------------------

OP that's pretty crazy. I heard about this on the radio and wanted to see the video so thanks for posting. I really am not looking forward to dealing with these things, but I think we all will have to pretty soon. Also, that news girl was cuuute.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I still got my bee problem and I have tried everything. I hate yellow jackets.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Damn, # like this makes me think of the swarms of locusts from the bible and I'm not religious. Good lord, what are they using on these animals ? What pesticides are mutating these animals ?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I'm not forcing you to watch it ,or even read my thread ,you have the choice ,you chose to view the thread after reading the title...kinda ironic.

plus i should image there are a few people interested in this like myself ...its real life ?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

I already know not to mess with bees.
I'm terrified of them!
I hate any bug that flies, I will run away instantly.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

If this is the worst video you've seen online.
I advise you to step away from the computer.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I read this last night and while I was saddened by the pig dying....the farmer made a very interesting comment

Booth said he can't explain why the bees are so agitated this year. "It doesn't make any rhyme or reason," Booth said. "I've been doing this over 20 years. For some reason, this year, they're (Africanized bees) just going completely insane."

So what the heck happened?? Why are the bees going nuts...why now?

this is not the first worrying news about bees. Back in march it was reported that even the UN was worried about declines in the population. I am a gardener and can say that I have seen very few bees this year.

Unexplained bee deaths have become an increasing issue in the past five years, a phenomenon labelled colony collapse disorder. Bees in the US, Europe and Asia have been affected, although it is hard to gather reliable data on how many have died.

source

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Pork crackling made with honey.

Delicious.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This makes three incedents this summer and none for over a decade. In south america the africanized bees have been tamed (domesticated) and are in use for honey production so do people not know how to handle bees anymore? Don't mess with them let them pollinate their flowers and don't swat them (that will release danger pheromones from the dead bee and upset the other bees)

What is going on?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This is so sad the poor pig must have been in alot of pain before it died ..I own a farm and I've noticed the bees have been very angry this year ..I think the best thing to do is leave them alone but i agree that hive had to have been there awhile im surprised they didn't notice this..Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Interesting. A friend asked me early this summer what happened to the killer bees. ...My research said they were spreading and integrating - and losing their aggression. Sounds like that's not quite reliable information.

F&S&

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Scary. Thanks for sharing that video.

Most of the bees I see in my garden are very docile, they and I peacefully coexist as I do my gardening.
Hope those killer bees take their time getting this far north.

Except, of course the pesky yellowjackets

I don't gt too close to them, leave a wide berth whenever possible...as they WILL attack....

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Did they know they were Africanized before moving the hive?

If so they should have just torched the thing. Or are killer bees a protected species?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
What a horrible way for that poor pig to die. I was surprised this year to see honeybees again in decent number in MD after not seeing very many since my teen years. Now I'm wondering if the ones I've seen are pure domestic or Africanized. Honeybees used to be very docile. I used to pet them when I was a kid and handle them and never got stung. I get a few carpenter bees these days that initially seem aggressive but once you get to know them you realize they are really just incredibly curious. They exhibit some very puzzling behavior. Many years ago there was one aggressive carpenter bee that used to dive bomb me every time I stepped out onto my deck. The other carpenter bees would become incensed, but not at me, at this crazy bee. They would in turn attack the crazy bee, swerving at him or her and smacking into this bee, giving me a chance to retreat back to the house once I'd fetched whatever I came out to get or quickly tend a rose bush. It seemed like they were protecting me. I never did figure that out. It happened for several times a week until that bee died.

Yellow jacket wasps, on the other hand, are the very devil. It has always been a pet peeve of mine that people use the term "bee" to describe those nasty little $&%s. I would imagine in the grand scheme of mother nature they have a beneficial role but I can't really bring myself to see what it is, lol!
edit on 18-9-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Typos.

top topics

join