It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A day with my Dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What we did today.

I was walking her at the park, her and I just walking along the bottom of a hill. Shes pulling me and im getting irritated. I say "stop pulling me" in a harsh tone, and she cowers in submission. I tap her on the nose and say "walk with me". I let her off the leash. She knows i wont let her move without me saying she can, but sometimes she just rubs off, so im wary that she might try that. Nope. She sits, and looks up in awaitance to go. I wait a few seconds. I never want to go to long because i know how badly she wants to run. Just a few seconds of her sitting patiently and waiting, i think will be good in disciplining her.

I say go and she immidiately dashes to the bottom of the hill to look for a stick. I walk slowly while she searches, wanting to find a stick first but ignoring that want and letting her search and find one.

Eventually i get a stick, and i tell her to sit. I want to tease her first by raising it up and telling her "jump". She jumps atleast 2 feet off the ground, manically obsessed with the stick she wants to bite, chew, and swallow. She gets it a few times but i pull it away again. Im amused by her determination. 10, 11, 12, and she still jumps.I pretend to throw the stick but she catches me on it. She knows me. Its like she has eyes at the back of her head. This time i say to myself "what if she senses my emotion?? Dogs seem to be very sensitive to emotional states...Maybe if i really try to throw it but stop when im about to...." I pretend to throw it, and she runs a good 80 feet. She comes running back to me. I got her. hehe.......

I throw it, she runs, gets it and runs off to her own area where she can chew it. I come after her, walking slowly, knowing she'll get up and go to another place. She gets up, and goes to another place, facing me. If i try to get around her vision she'll move into a place where she can see me. Its hilarious.

Were walking at another area where there is alot of trees, she goes down into the bushes, breathing heavily with her tongue hanging out, smiling. She looks like a clown, i think. And I also think to myself, in a philosophical way "Dogs are persons. I am having a personal relationship with her. She knows my mannuerisms, vocal tones, facial expressions, games we play, times i hug and kiss her, rub her belly, when she sleeps on my bed, runs to me excited when i come home, and a whole lot of other things. Native Americans apparently call animals 'wolf-person' 'dog-person' etc, and i was thinking how apt that attitude is. It acknowledges a personal reality which all sentient beings share."

I see a tree popping out of the ground. Weird looking. Its like a normal sizes branch sticking out of the ground. I consider breaking it and using the stick to play with my dog. I reconsider and think "Even this is alive. It seeks to live. Something pops out of the ground, gives form to itself in this wooden branch, with leaves. She in turn provides a home for other creatures, bugs, etc. How beautiful that is". I dont break the branch and actually feel a modicum of shame that i just so rashly thought of breaking this branch.

Im walking back to the walkway, whistling for my dog to come. She sees me; i see her alert, her Doberman/Ridgeback type "YES!?", she comes running towards me. She knows were at the walkway, which means its time to leave. She goes to grass at the end of the walkway, and walks towards me and sits. I put her leash on and give her a kiss for being so good.
edit on 16-9-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Nice story .
My first wife with long black hair covering her whole body who was always at my feet ready to run to the frig and grab a coke.
Loved hunting and wished we would go more ..
Very cheep as a date just a small pice of chicken and she would give me love never ending.
Out of the 2 wifes i had with her being the first she was the one who never let me down was always loyal.
Dogge treats are a girls best friend .
AA i miss midnight I hope she has a whole heaven full of rabbits to chase
((astralin sheperd ((with tail))) all black except a wight star on chest and white scoks

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Nice story. This is my favorite part.

Were walking at another area where there is alot of trees, she goes down into the bushes, breathing heavily with her tongue hanging out, smiling. She looks like a clown, i think. And I also think to myself, in a philosophical way "Dogs are persons. I am having a personal relationship with her. She knows my mannuerisms, vocal tones, facial expressions, games we play, times i hug and kiss her, rub her belly, when she sleeps on my bed, runs to me excited when i come home, and a whole lot of other things. Native Americans apparently call animals 'wolf-person' 'dog-person' etc, and i was thinking how apt that attitude is. It acknowledges a personal reality which all sentient beings share."

I would have found it interesting to know the 'dog-persons' alternating perspective of the day.

Thanks for sharing.

join