It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Explosion at Moscow bus stop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Today began as it would end for Russia, with tragedy. Four people were injured when a bomb exploded near a bus stop in Moscow. The blast reportedly had a force of 100 grams of tnt. Authorities are investigating the attack as hooliganism, but have not ruled out terrorists.

theadvertiser.news.au
A BOMB blast a Moscow bus stop had injured four people, a spokesman for the capital's Federal Security Service said.

The explosion yesterday evening had a force of about 100 grams of TNT, the security service's duty officer said, citing preliminary information.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The bus stop was across the street from the police station and the bomb exploded around the time officers usually leave work. Business owners of kiosks were not ruled out as targets, because of their close proximity to the bus stop.

Reports are sketchy as to where exactly the bomb was placed. Some reports claim the bomb was put next to a lamp post at the bus stop, other reports claim the bomb was in a womans purse. Moscow police headquarters have made no comment on this developing story.

Related News Links
NEWS.com.au
Moscow Times
Yahoo India News

[edit on 8-24-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
any links on this sanc?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Nevermind, I found one
A Russian spokesman claims that no one was killed but three were injured when a device exploded near a bus stop.

Reuters
MOSCOW (Reuters) - A blast from a device planted near a bus stop in southern Moscow has injured at least 3 people, city police say.

A police spokeswoman said no one was killed in the explosion. She was unable to give further details.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
What is going on in Russia first two airplanes missing and now a bomb this is getting just to weird to be just separate incidents.

LL1

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Looks like they seem to be interested in transportation.
Here's an article on the bus stop:

feeds.bignewsnetwork.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Any news of who is targeting Russia?

It may be internal aftet all.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I think it has something to do with the plane crashes and the elections.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
My first guess, as will be many peoples first guess, is Chechnya. They have been "battling" for most if not all of my life. My second guess, with recent news reports, would be Georgia, as the Georgian president has stated that "war with Russia is getting closer".

Now, I still say Chechnya, and I have a hunch they are probably funded by al Quaida. I have read things in the past (unfortunately, can't find a link at the moment) that showed there have been ties found between the Chechnan rebels and some of the middle to upper ranked Quaida members.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
we've been speculating this ont he other thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...
since last night...

coincidences or not?
Bare in mind that however strange the timing is, seemingly motiveless bomb attacks do happen in Moscow quite frerquently, usually gangland related, or political warfare played out on the streets...

but anyways.. its in the thread...

Q

new topics

top topics

join