It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOOOOOOW!!! Father Goes HAM On Son . . . When He Learns The Boy ACTED UP IN SCHOOL!! (Is This GOOD D

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by PW229

I wonder exactly how many children you have raised? I don't know anyone who was never spanked as a child and none of my friends and family have ever been to prison.

Well if you bothered to read my first reply to this thread you'd know. Good day.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MightyQuincunx
are you people serious?!?!

I guess that you are. I have three perfectly well-behaved children and NEVER raised a hand to them. I don't care what color you are...In fact, the color thing is a shameless excuse for hitting a child with a belt. In fact, if I were black, I would be offended by this comparative sentiment. I have chosen to communicate with my kids by using constructive "real world" dialogue and reciprocal respect. I have three of the most compassionate, respectful, intelligent kids anyone could ever ask for. They are street-wise, popular and are perfectly adapted socially.

Oh yeah, it's not that bad because he did it with a controlled and calm voice. This is a sickness not control. BTW...he didn't sound like he was in control when he was hitting the child with his belt. WTF is wrong with you people?

Hell, this is discipline? Then let's carry it forward into the workplace for adults. Sound good? Nope...then we would call it something else wouldn't we?

I'm disgusted. You want a better world? Start at home. This example is just a precursor to war and violence.

Do not judge lest you be judged.

Sounds like you raised your children with a mother and a father with little to no serious set backs which is good. That alone has allowed you to give your kids a hell of a boost over most. Also the enviroment and the people who surround your lives must be well rounded, and thats how it should be.

Unfortunatly not everybody is so blessed. Most do not have the tools to walk through this life so unscathed. When we know better we do better. I do not believe that all children should be beat. Clearly there are children who don't need it, but not all are. Count your blessings sure, but don't get to high on that horse of yours.
edit on 16-9-2011 by iLoGiCViZiOnS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PW229

Unfortunately not everyone responds the same way.

The discipline the child is learning there will be something he will remember for the rest of his life.
And he will be a better person for it.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

If more kids got beat in this world they wouldn't be running around acting the way they do disrespecting adults etc.

You know, I really feel sorry for all of you who feel this way. It shows just how dysfunctional our world is, and is truly sickening. Life is sacred, and a child's even more so. Now this boy will grow up and see how his loving dad video taped this and posted on the internet. Maybe parents are the ones who need a little human decency. That is a CHILD, being humiliated, hit, and frightened - who the eff does that? Not to mention posts it on the INTERNET?!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Well I do not agree with the posting the video on the net, I think that was just way off base there,but to the rest of it I think it was handled well, as stated by someone else this was not the first go around by this kid. He already was punished from doing the same thing one day before and all they did was take his 'good' clothes from him and made him go to school with 'bummy' stuff on and he still did not learn the lesson.

Hence a step up in punishment.

As I said before, I got it much worse and I have never been inside a jail nor am I a danger to society and I am sure this kid will fly right after this episode.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

It is interesting that you would bring this up. I was raised in a blue-collar family. My parents divorced when I was young but not too young to not remember or feel that pain. I had an abusive step-mom and no father figure whatsoever. I grew up and I married. I lost my wife (the Mother of all of my children) to alcoholism. The damage that was left in her wake was financially crippling. I work my ass off 80 hours per week (paycheck to paycheck) to make ends meet. I have never once used any shortcomings in my life, at any point, as an excuse to abuse my children. I observed others, my educators taught me wrong from right, I listened and most importantly I paid attention to my intuition. Physically hurting a child is wrong...children know this. Name calling is wrong...children know this. Ridicule is wrong...children know this. As long as we condone this behavior or make excuses for it; we perpetuate it. So you, my friend, can get off of your high horse...or, have you already fallen?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by daikaiju

Good for you (sincerely speaking) for rising above those experiences; but can YOU be sure this child will fly right? Really sure?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MightyQuincunx

I think he will, as long as it is not a everyday occurrence.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MightyQuincunx

I really do hate to pull the race card here but I am afraid that I will have to make an exception. Social inequalities produce many of the problems facing this country. I'm not making excuses for anyone. I was just shedding some light as to why they are there in the first place.

I hardly feel that father abused his child. I simply noted the fact that it was important to him to get his point across to the child any way he had to and I commend him for that. Could he have done it a little differently? Sure.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
For all of you who claim to have had it worse and turned out fine, there are just as many who weren't beaten or humiliated and also turned out fine.

Hitting a child and scaring them into subordination does not make the child well rounded. Teaching the child and talking to him/her can have a very positive outcome. Would you rather that child grow up and avoid doing wrong things out of fear, or grow up and avoid doing wrong things because they feel it is wrong and they have compassion and understanding?

Would you all have felt the same way about the hair cut if that was a little girl? Also, do you think it is OK for your boss to shave your head at work when you're late or have done something continuously against the rules, and maybe even spank you too?? I am serious, I'd like to know just how far this treatment should extend.
edit on 16-9-2011 by CN1018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
lol so many stockholm syndromers

"daddy beat me so it's okay to beat my kids'

yeah sure,
when you first held your child i'll bet most of you promised yourselves that you'd be BETTER than your parents, yet when the child tries your patience you revert,mindlessly, to your conditioning/programming and pass the violence on,
generation to generation,

monkeys beating monkeys,
for reasons they've long forgotten :shk:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CN1018

And what do you do when the talking and the time outs don't work?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Good job dad...

Lesson learned...

Though i don't believe in beating a child, i do think at times stern punishment is required... This example was a little extreme, but none the less... i'd put money on the fact that this kid straightened up afterwords. Children have no respect for adults these days because capitol punishment is illegal. If it wern't kids would respect adults as they did 50 years ago. I never got beat, but i got some serious spankings, and im greatful now for them, which i will also administer to my child if one ever appears and decides to be a bad ass...

I brought you into this world, and i can take you out of it...

edit on 16-9-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

There is no 100% guaranteed discipline method. All children are different and need different attention from parents. A lot of the problem is inconsistency from the parent. I am sure that with a little effort, hitting can be avoided. If a parent can't raise a proper child without hitting them, they probably don't need to be raising a child to begin with. What do you do when hitting doesn't work? Just sell them into slavery?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CN1018

No but if the talking doesn't work I go to the next level, if the spanking doesn't hurt then there is a major problem there.

For the record I have a 6 year old that I never had to spank, talking has always worked so far and I and glad for that but if when he gets older and if he tries to be disrespectful toward his mother or I. well he will get his ass kicked.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
to all the supporters you are a bunch of sickos. I had an abusive Dad who used the belt. I HATE HIM. He used to beat us for EVERYTHING....mind you we were constantly being told what well behaved kids we were. If we talked to loud we got the belt. I can not think of one time I ever warranted getting beaten. Acting up in school is not a reason. Children that are beat are more likely to end up in jail. That is what is so wrong about the video, he is setting his son up for low self esteem. He should have stopped at the haircut...which I think is creative and great way of making a trouble maker humble himself but then he went and ruined it with a beating, what an a hole. I would love to give him the belt...BAD DAD!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by outandopen

There is a huge difference between discipline and straight out abuse, and it sounds like you were the victim of the latter, for that I am sorry for your pain, but in my mind what happened to the kid was not abuse, he was already warned and still acted like a fool in school two days in a row.

He got what he deserved for disobeying his parents not once but twice, back to back.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Beating any child for any reason with a belt or other instrument of pain is wrong..I am not saying a quick swat to the butt to get them going is harmful but BEATING is wrong. big difference. And to record it and post it online what a sick f er.
WE tell our kids not to hit but then we hit them. It is so asinine.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by outandopen

I said that already,and your right, recording it and posting it on the net was wrong.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
This debate could go on forever. It has become very apparent that we are arguing about what the definition of abuse is. Frankly, when it is an issue regarding children it stirs up personal emotions and questions morals/ethics. It is instinct to get aggressively attached to a "right side" in the name of the best interest of children. I think that the consistent motivator for almost all of us posting here is the fact that we all seem to care about where this child ends up in the future. There is a human element that I find promising anyway. Some (a minority) of the posts are just sick and downright mean. You know who you are. For the rest of us...I am glad that the undercurrent here is the welfare of the child and his development. With that being said, I was going to post all of the medical terminology and definitions in the law and I chose not to. I think that it would have just opened the doors to more arguments. I can say, in all honesty, that I have little faith in modern medicine and our legislators definitions of anything.

So...it appears that we are back to inherent human nature. I think (IMO) that you must turn the tables and ask yourself the same questions about where to draw the line. I don't care about how you were raised and what color you are. It really doesn't matter. It is about breaking a cycle of abusive behavior. It's about patience, tolerance and communication...if we can't do this for our children then the world really is doomed.

Ask yourself what abuse is. Then define it. If it were you (currently)...how would you feel if;

1. someone (boss, police officer, professor, neighbor) didn't like your behavior and they called a friend over to watch you be hit with a belt, have your head shaved, publicly humiliated and all of this was caught on film. What would you call it? I call it illegal (assault, public humiliation and mental anguish to name a few).

2. How about this; your son or daughter does not like your behavior and they subject you to the same punishments that this father inflicted upon his son? I am sure that some of you would have protective orders filed immediately.

3. and if it were strangers who inflicted this punishment on you you might call it a mugging or, better yet, terrorism and torture.

It is interesting to me to watch a parent's reaction to someone outside of the family hurting their child. The same parent will go ballistic if somebody (a stranger) were to hit their child or humiliate them publicly. So those who disagree with my opinion...is it fair to say that it is okay for a parent to to be the one to inflict hurt and pain? Not suggesting that we leave it up to strangers either.

Parents are the people in a child's life that are supposed to teach compassion and respect. A parent who hits their child to regain control is out of control...period. I am sorry if I have upset anyone here on ATS with my strong opinions on this but I am a true believer that if we start "at home", making the world a better (less violent) place, humanity actually has a chance.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join