It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOOOOOOW!!! Father Goes HAM On Son . . . When He Learns The Boy ACTED UP IN SCHOOL!! (Is This GOOD D

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Son get caught misbehaving in school, so dad decided on course of action shown on video.

Video

In my opinion this is straight up discipline (Hell I got it worse when I was kid) and I would follow this example on my son if he acted up (He knows better and is a well behaved kid,, have not had a reason to spank him as of yet and he is 6) other than the language used.

Kids are getting way of out control and need firm guidance from their parents.

if you do not agree, please post how you would have handed the situation.

p.s. was not sure where to post this, please put in the right topic if need be thanks mods.
edit on 16/9/2011 by daikaiju because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by daikaiju

Oh my gosh this is amazing!!! I'm half black and got a much harsher punishment when I was a kid from my black half! lol
I have two boys about this kids age. If I could discipline them the way I want to without getting charged with child abuse, I would. Ugh. I got in my sons face in the store one day when he was 5 (after I repeatedly "nicely" asked him to stop knocking things down and to pick them up) and some lady got in MY face about how he's just being a little boy and there are more important things to worry about.
EXCUSE ME?! So it's ok for me to let my kids run around the store and disrespect all the people who work there?
It happened again in a different store.
Funny thing is, I didn't spank or scream uncontrollably. I just grabbed him by the shoulders and had my face two inches from his and used my moms voice.

People.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Well, I certainly wouldn't have been misbehaving anymore. This is the kind of discpline I needed at certain points, and never got. I wonder how differently some things in my life would have gone had I gotten it...

I can't disagree too much. He'll be embarassed for awhile and a bit tender sitting down, but no permanent harm. I'd definitely curb the language though, no need to add that influence.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Yep, Discipline needs to be brought back in our schools. My parents generation grew up with the strap. I'm sure some of you did as well. How did you turn out? psychopathic killers? abusers? .....no I'm positive 90% of you grew up with more respect for your elders and actual manners than the little #s that are getting away with everything these days. Generation RX is coming....it's not going to be pretty.

As a side story, I was spanked with the wooden spoon a total of once. From then on the mere threat of "do I need to get the spoon?" was enough to shut me up. In fact, I had quite the collection of spoons under my mattress until my mother found them all and just laughed.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Vardoger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I have to add... I liked how the dad didn't go ballistic like you see a lot of parents do. He was calm, seemed collected. Raised his voice slightly when he had to. But he wasn't out of control. That shows he's in control of the situation and it would never escalate to the point of real abuse. I'm sure a lot of people will see this as abuse. I just have filters as I have a huge family from the south.
He handled his business! Aside from the language with that young of a kid...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I stopped watching this reprehensible video of a grown man who solves his problem with his son by:

1: Shaving his head in such a way as to cause ridicule and distress to the child.

2: Physically assaulting the child with a belt. Hint, belts are for holding up trousers, NOT beating a child.

What kind of example does this set to the young man? That physically assaulting your children is ok in the name of discipline? Maybe now he believes that assault is a good way to solve any problem. Violence breeds violence and the circle is complete.

This is not discipline and I'm calling it out for what it is. It is a grown man, a father, ridiculing and assaulting his own flesh and blood. This "man" is not fit to be a father.

As the father of 2 sons, one training to become an Officer in the Royal Army and the other on the path to becoming a Doctor I have never resorted to assault. Sit the child down and use your BRAIN to figure out what has gone wrong then use your BRAIN again to find solutions to the impasse. Brawn is the realm of troglodytes and thugs, not FATHERS!

edit on 16-9-2011 by PW229 because: Typo correction.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PW229

I stopped watching this reprehensible video of a grown man who solves his problem with his son by:

1: Shaving his head in such a way as to cause ridicule and distress to the child.

2: Physically assaulting the child with a belt. Hint, belts are for holding up trousers, NOT beating a child.

What kind of example does this set to the young man? That physically assaulting your children is ok in the name of discipline? Maybe now he believes that assault is a good way to solve any problem. Violence breeds violence and the circle is complete.

This is not discipline and I'm calling it out for what it is. It is a grown man, a father, ridiculing and assaulting his own flesh and blood. This "man" is not fit to be a father.

I have nothing more to add to this. Beating up your own child should end you up in prison, because it is you who failed and no this is not taking care of your son.
edit on 16-9-2011 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Well I am happy to see that this father cares enough about his son and his future to make the hard calls, because its not easy to be parents. I also disagree with the language thing but when I was younger I had a problem with it when I would get mad at my kid and I didn't get it. He's a young father and I think people should give him credit for trying.

If more kids got beat in this world they wouldn't be running around acting the way they do disrespecting adults etc.

If you love your child beat your child, but YES there is a line that you can't cross. NEVER beat a child when your angry and never do any permanent damage like bruising or redness that doesn't go away.

My son is 16 now and he just got done thanking me the other day for being so hard on him. I'm still in shock he said it to me..........he not only said it he meant it! Its way kewl when you get that kinda feedback from your kids because its not easy being parents. We all want to be friends and kewl with our kids but we have to remember to be parents FIRST!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
are you people serious?!?!

I guess that you are. I have three perfectly well-behaved children and NEVER raised a hand to them. I don't care what color you are...In fact, the color thing is a shameless excuse for hitting a child with a belt. In fact, if I were black, I would be offended by this comparative sentiment. I have chosen to communicate with my kids by using constructive "real world" dialogue and reciprocal respect. I have three of the most compassionate, respectful, intelligent kids anyone could ever ask for. They are street-wise, popular and are perfectly adapted socially.

Oh yeah, it's not that bad because he did it with a controlled and calm voice. This is a sickness not control. BTW...he didn't sound like he was in control when he was hitting the child with his belt. WTF is wrong with you people?

Hell, this is discipline? Then let's carry it forward into the workplace for adults. Sound good? Nope...then we would call it something else wouldn't we?

I'm disgusted. You want a better world? Start at home. This example is just a precursor to war and violence.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
From the video it sounded like the boy had acted up in school on Monday, received discipline, and then went back to school on Tuesday and started running his mouth off. Dad talked to him first, took away his "fly" haircut, spanked him (obviously with only his hand by the way it sounded) and then made him do some serious PT time.

I know that to some people this probably looks like it's abuse. That isn't the case with me. I think the kid got off pretty light considering he was an immediate repeat offender. When I was a kid if I had acted like that at school I would have been picking my teeth up off the floor! What is Dad supposed to do? Apparently the first round of discipline (taking his "cool" clothes) had no effect. Every kid is different and I think the Dad was probably just trying to nip things in the bud before the boy gets out of control. Better this now than jail later in life.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

I know that to some people this probably looks like it's abuse. That isn't the case with me.

You never ever raise your hand against a child, never ever.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Perhaps do the exact same thing to the Father for punishment for abusing his child and then see if he still thinks it's appropriate behaviour for and adult!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

What is shown on the video is child abuse..

When I was raising my son.....I would sit him down in a chair...and he was not allowed to leave that chair nor speak for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes were up...we would discuss his behavior...why it was wrong...and how to improve and live better as a person. With my son... this form of discipline worked. We had good communication...and he always felt he could come to me or his father and discuss anything...as a result.....we helped to save him from a lot of wrong peer pressures.

edit on 16-9-2011 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
From the video it sounded like the boy had acted up in school on Monday, received discipline, and then went back to school on Tuesday and started running his mouth off. Dad talked to him first, took away his "fly" haircut, spanked him (obviously with only his hand by the way it sounded) and then made him do some serious PT time.

I know that to some people this probably looks like it's abuse. That isn't the case with me. I think the kid got off pretty light considering he was an immediate repeat offender. When I was a kid if I had acted like that at school I would have been picking my teeth up off the floor! What is Dad supposed to do? Apparently the first round of discipline (taking his "cool" clothes) had no effect. Every kid is different and I think the Dad was probably just trying to nip things in the bud before the boy gets out of control. Better this now than jail later in life.

Nonsense. There is no excuse for this abhorrent behaviour to his own son! It is vile and reprehensible and the only thing he succeeded in doing was demonstrating to an impressionable youth that the "thug way" is best. A "spanking" may not leave physical scars but that child will bear the mental anguish for the rest of his life.

"Better this now than jail later." Well the statistics are clear, most young men in jail came from violent and abusive childhoods. He has INCREASED the likelihood of his son seeing the inside of a prison from the wrong side of the bars.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PW229

Perfect point and very REAL statistics. This has been proven time and time again. Violence breeds violence.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I am surprised that no one has mentioned this, what do you think about the fact that the father had the video running through all this.

Is that a form of abuse also?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
i gotta say, i liked the hair cut and the work out but i dont believe that the belt was necessary, it teaches fear not respect, and i would never beat my child because of his non conformity in the class room, my children may get a little tap now and again but never a beating. i only bring up race because of the forum that it was shown in (world star hip hop, or something like that) and regarding the statistics given at the beginning of the video, if this is the punishment that is dished out in coloured households maybe that is why there is a problem within their community, it can only teach physical retaliation to problems, not a good idea, just my personal opinion, please dont pull me up on any kind of race accusations, i am not racist at all, but i never seem to understand what the latest politicaly correct language is.....peace

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Did NOBODY grow up in strict military households?! No long or "cool" haircuts. Doing pushups, extra chores, the belt? What he did in this video has been going on since the beginning of time.
Kids quickly learn to stay in line so they don't have to face dad.
How many times to you people who never raise a hand to your kids have to put your child in a time out during the day?
I have had to spank my boys maybe 2 times each. EVER. And they got the message. Tried the time out thing. Tried explaining things to them first. All the polite ways to discipline a kid. How many times are you going to explain something to a kid? I'd rather them just not do those things that need explaining/timeouts in the first place. After spanking, you'd better believe they no longer push my buttons or try anything to get themselves into trouble.
I'm sure all that might change once they become teenagers. But for now, that's what worked in my case. And by spanking, I don't mean beating with a belt. Just so everyones clear.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by daikaiju
I am surprised that no one has mentioned this, what do you think about the fact that the father had the video running through all this.

Is that a form of abuse also?

Yes it is a form of abuse. How many of this young man's friends may have seen this video? If he was in the UK this video would be evidence for his impending trial and lengthy prison sentence.

What was this man thinking!? His "calm demeanour" indicates mental health problems in the psychotic range and I can almost guarantee his father thought it viable to assault him for a minor transgression.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PW229

I wonder exactly how many children you have raised? I don't know anyone who was never spanked as a child and none of my friends and family have ever been to prison.

<<   2  3 >>

join