It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people feel the need to mention God in everything they post?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm sorry to sound mean to everyone that HAS to put quotes from the Bible or say the rapture is happening blah blah..... But a lot of threads are going down from people doing this. If you feel the need to do so, PLEASE start your own thread that you think someone will want to listen to.

I have a great respect for people's opinions, but please keep religion and politics in their own categories/threads!

I guess I should have put this in RANTS... Mods please move, thanks!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by freespirit1

So you're saying that all threads should strictly remain on-topic with no drift...

Why not just apply this to all off-topic posts, instead of narrowing it down to this one issue?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Thank god you brought this up! I think people just do it out of habit for the most part.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Here have some hope:

Proverbs 24:20 for the evil man has no future; the lamp of the wicked will be put out.

Proverbs 24:14 Know that wisdom is such to your soul; if you find it, there will be a future, and your hope will not be cut off.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

hahaha

I know what you mean, most subjects can be turned into religion in some form or another. I dont believe in sky fairies btw

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

If you are looking in the religious conspiracies section you are going to find God mentioned a few times. Sort of goes with the territory. Freedom of religion and all that. I don't know why they bother providing a forum and a platform for those Bible thumping nuts myself...oh yeah, I am one of them.

I don't believe in the entire Bible though but I say God Bless you when people sneeze and thank God sometimes. I suppose in a thread I might refer to something religious. I think religion is ingrained in us and the reason is because something very significant happened and we are supposed to be reminded but there are those who want us to forget what we have learned thus far. It is a part and parcel of control. If you remember that everything is the opposite of what it appears - it all starts to make sense.

edit on 16-9-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
What you must understand is, Christians have a responsibility(from their perspective) to share their faith. As long as they aren't breaking the T&C, and the mods aren't deleting their posts, they are free to do so in any thread they choose. Those are the rules.

The same applies to those of us who are atheists, deists, etc. within the T&C.
edit on 9/16/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
What you must understand is, Christians have a responsibility(from their perspective) to share their faith. As long as they aren't breaking the T&C, and the mods aren't deleting their posts, they are free to do so in any thread they choose. Those are the rules.

The same applies to those of us who are atheists, deists, etc. within the T&C.
edit on 9/16/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

True, true. I very much respect atheists. I know my faith is pretty much a guess at this point it is my own personal opinion. If we respect each other there should be no problems. Lets take a tip from Miss Angola.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think a lot of new christians or newly revived christians come here to practice preaching on us, because if they acted this way in the real world they'd get their proverbial butts kicked!

They learn how to prosylitize in prayer meetings and watching you tube videos, and then come here to regergitate their garbage, trying to start a fight, to get their self righteous on. Sometimes I think they pre plan their attacks strategies together, and then hit the threads in mass, starring and flagging each other to keep their threads active and highly visible, then pat themselves on the back for being so right!

edit on 16-9-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by freespirit1
I'm sorry to sound mean to everyone that HAS to put quotes from the Bible or say the rapture is happening blah blah..... But a lot of threads are going down from people doing this. If you feel the need to do so, PLEASE start your own thread that you think someone will want to listen to.

I have a great respect for people's opinions, but please keep religion and politics in their own categories/threads!

I guess I should have put this in RANTS... Mods please move, thanks!

Freedom of speech my friend.. What you are suggesting is a form of censorship..

As long as it doesn't harm anyone else.. Everyone should be free to express their beliefs and opinions...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

First let me say God Bless you.

Secondly, I think when a person has a religious worldview it is difficult not to relate current events in the light of their views. That being said, I do not think it should be done willy nilly either. If there is a discussion for example about the FLOTUS saying something at a 9/11 ceremony, I don't think we should be quoting Revelation.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Freedom of speech is a bitch, I get so tired of god this and god that, please spare me. We know you believe in god, you said it the first 5000 times. We understand, m'kay ? Don't tell that to the Christians, and we wonder why they're persecuted ?

Please wonder no more.Enough to make me pull my hair out by the root, yes we understand your beautiful, peaceful religion that doesn't get millions of people slaughtered for believing and that makes you feel like you're insane for talking to yourself. It doesn't make you wonder at all. Not at all.

Anymore I'll say i'm a prophetess of god and get my own waterbending staff like Moses. This stuff never gets old.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

For someone who uses the handle of FreeSpirit then you really need to look at what you're saying.

Where's the FreeSpirit or freedom ....or freedom of speech in that ?

Let people be. If they're not into God then so be it. If they are into God then let them be as well.

You don't have to read it and have a choice as in the freedom to read a post or not to.

We cannot all be alike.

PEACE

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

WHAAT!!!... Who's talking about God all the time

I believe like you do... to many Digi-Sheeple are using this proverb-all word GOD... Every where I ALL SEE there it is again... Darn It... EYE just can't get away from this God thing ... Even when I go to pay for something with my U$D... Therrr it is again... Staring at me... Then I watch American sports games(new roman coliseum to keep them attention in everything else but reality of what's really going on... I don't watch much sports myself, just making a point) someone has to remind me that this looser of a country 'AMERICA' is under some God... Now I'm no "In Money We Trust" type... but HEY!!! as they say; when in Rome do as the Romans Do... I mean it's making me icrazy... That most likely this ATS Digi-Post-It server for the world to ALL SEE your ithought likely used some form of "IN GOD WE TRUST" currency to allow you to put your 2 cents in... Then I have to go a little further with this insanity and ithink that most all of the worlds cracked foundation Elite Empires where built on this word of God thing

Mr X-ULTRA/QUANTUM... Going to my vacation Super-Earth cabin... Where they don't still need this silly "IN GOD WE TRUST" currency to just breath and eat... Darn therrr I go again... It never End Game's...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
to us theists everything relates to God and we see God in everything and we should. To see God in everything is to see the good in everything.what is it to you that we have a different way of thinking. Our thought patterns do not coincide but that does not mean you must exclude us from all. Most theists are very intelligent people, and people like you see the word God and shun the post. In our point of view we see God as the creator of all and he is conscious of everything. You just have a closed mind and are not open to metaphysics or philosophy. Just because you have a certain view doesn't mean that everyone else should have it, because then everyone in the world would be fascists like you are.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadmessiah
Thank god you brought this up! I think people just do it out of habit for the most part.

Case in point

In some regards I agree. It would be nice to see their opinion instead of quoting what the book says all the time. It makes me wonder if they have their own minds or if they have released all free thought. The Bible is a good place to start but if you don't use your own mind and think for yourself you have lost the message anyway.

To the "Bible Thumpers": How would feel if the Satanists began quoting the Satanic Bible with every post? How would you feel if the Jews quoted the Torah with every post. How would you feel if the Muslims quoted the Qu'ran with every post. How would you feel if the Qabbalists quoted the Quabbala with every post. Etc. Etc.Etc. There would be nothing but Religion on this site and it is so much more.
I know the Book says spread the Word but you can not forgo respect of others beliefs in the process. IMO.

I personally would really like to see your personal opinions not what the Book says.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The same reason his buddies ELENIN and OBAMA always get mentioned: THEY SELL TICKETS if you know what I mean

edit on 16-9-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
"Why do people feel the need to mention God in everything they post?"

God knows!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesk8s247

Actually, I do see God in everything I do.... I just don't feel a need to mention Him EVERYTIME I post something... when It is relevent, YESSSSSSSSSSSSS I will put God first no matter what............ just not on the everyday little things that HE gave us the free will to deal with...............

Oh by the way, God be with you
Love ya much.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Thank you. That is what I am trying to say here. I have absolutely NO problem talking about God, but feel that people use HIM to feel better about themselves, and this I have to absolutely not agree with..

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

well I wanna sell tickets but they would tax me to death

2nd

Just kidding, tried to start a business last year and it wasn't doable here without a fortune

edit on 16-9-2011 by freespirit1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join