It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Faces Five Years in Prison - Active Federal Investigation Against Her

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
reply to post by Ghost375

I don't have any proof of this but it was on the radio when it happened, the repubs were crying about this. Would not surprise me as the fight between left and right does nothing good and a ploy like this is totally understandable, knowing our political parties.

For the poster who knocked the National Enquirer, while 99% of their stories are junk they occasionally do break a real story. IIRC, didn't they get the jump on the Tiger Woods scandal? Some scandal they broke a couple of years ago if I am remembering right. They may not be as right as a broken clock which is good twice a day but they do break real news once in a while.

They might break on a few good stories but Mrs. Obama ain't going to jail, everybody will take the blame but her and she'll be walking around in her designer dresses that are expensive enough to pay every bill I have and then some.

link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Ghost375

It will be blamed on;
Bush
The Tea Party
Hurricane Larry
The Japanese earthquake

She'll never take responsibility.

No, she'll just say I didn't know it had illegal wood in it.
I know you were trying to make a joke, but it was a terrible one and you are just repeating Fox News talking points.

Um, nope. I was illustrating how she (or her husband) will never say that they are at fault for anything they do.

That's exactly what I was talking about, And if you actually listen to Obama, and not Fox News, you'd realize he does take responsibility for many things. Your point was precisely the lies that Fox News has been saying.

link   
I was hoping it would be for some thing bigger than this

I'm sure this will just go away - the fact it made it this far is quite surprising.

Couldn't find a rug big enough to sweep this one under

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching411
She will get out of the trouble. All she has to say is that she is being picked on for being black and everyone runs away.

yep

poor lawyer michelle. I am the flotus.....pleaszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

Although I am certain this will go nowhere, ignorance of a law is not a valid defense.

I agree, I was just saying that that is what she would probably say.
But really she doesn't need a defense. Her husband can pardon her, that constitutional right.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Ha ha ha can you believe it?ha ha ha I doubt anything will come from it but it just another criminal act that will be swept under the rug(man that rug must be full by now!)

Hey summer5 we must think alike!

edit on 16-9-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by consigliere

Originally posted by searching411
She will get out of the trouble. All she has to say is that she is being picked on for being black and everyone runs away.

But there's no racism in America

I'm black,,,pick on me and see what you get.I can promise you,,,the LAST thing we do is run.Idiot

But the FIRST thing you do is mis-represent that persons statement and call them a name? Classy!

(hint: they never said Michelle runs away...read it again)
edit on 16-9-2011 by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I can't prove this but I think that there is no way Michelle Obama was out shopping for a gift for her. I just can't picture her or any FLOTUS for that matter browsing aisles for the perfect gift. Some aide picked it up on the advice of a PR rep. The only time Michelle had it was when she handed it to Sarkosy.

I mean honestly, how many of you guys don't even know what Christmas/Birthday gifts your significant other has bought for your family until moments before you give it to them?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Fox quotes beezzer

They won't take responsibility for anything! With the Obama's, the buck stops.. . . .er. . . . . over THERE!
edit on 16-9-2011 by beezzer because: oops forgot an E

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If the "Bush-Cheney-Rumsfeld Cartel" can get away with what they did, I doubt very much anything will come of Michelle Obama and the guitar. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something tells me she won't be playing the "dumb blond" card.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Er, so she bought a guitar from Gibson, probably without knowing anything about the wood they used. I don't think they are going to start arresting her, or anyone else who bought Gibson guitars. There's a certain assumption that if you buy something like this from a major manufacturer that they vetted all the materials being used as legally obtained.

It's not a consumer's responsibility, not legally anyway, to do research on every item they buy to see that the material it is made from is not obtained in some ill-gotten manner. Did you make sure every component in the computer you are using is okay? Would you even know how to do that? I sure wouldn't and I wouldn't even think to even try. When I bought my old drum set, I didn't look to see that Yamaha was not using some rare, endangered type of wood. I just saw a nice, red drumset that had a great sound (and was on sale 1/3 off!) and plunked down my $800 for it. That's how people buy guitars, too.

She's not going to get in trouble for this, nor is anyone else who bought a Gibson made from these woods.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Gibson's Guitars was raided this year, Michelle Obama gave Sarkozy's wife one of Gibson's guitars back in 2009

So why now is Obama demanding Gibson's Guitars shops be raided?
edit on 16-9-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Nope, i predict she will somehow make it out unscathed, and the attention will end up focused on some other wag the dog like political scandal.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

But there's no racism in America

I'm black,,,pick on me and see what you get.I can promise you,,,the LAST thing we do is run.Idiot

Whoa there buddy! The piece you quoted says that the person who is critical of the president or first lady is accused of racism...they are ones who run not the other way around.

And by run he means they back off their critical statements, this was not an attack on African Americans at all.

While you are right racism is still alive and well, I think he was addressing the fact that politicians all to often use that charge to silence opposing views, this is commonly referred to as the "pulling race card".

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Fox quotes beezzer

They won't take responsibility for anything! With the Obama's, the buck stops.. . . .er. . . . . over THERE!
edit on 16-9-2011 by beezzer because: oops forgot an E

That's a lie. If you actually listened to Obama, you'd hear him take responsibility for many things.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

It will be blamed on;
Bush
The Tea Party
Hurricane Larry
The Japanese earthquake

She'll never take responsibility.

No, she'll just say I didn't know it had illegal wood in it.
I know you were trying to make a joke, but it was a terrible one and you are just repeating Fox News talking points.

Um, nope. I was illustrating how she (or her husband) will never say that they are at fault for anything they do.

And if you actually listen to Obama, and not Fox News, you'd realize he does take responsibility for many things.

OK, I'll bite.

In the context of the above post, please name some things obama has taken responsibility for.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
Was the guitar she gave as a gift in fact a Gibson Guitar? If not, then more than likely the story will go no further than this. See, the deal is, all guitar manufacturers in the US use the same wood, from the same supplier. So Gibson, Fender, Les Paul, etc. all used this "illegal" wood, but the differance is Gibson is a Republican owned company who frequently backs Republican canidates, and DOES NOT USE UNION WORK FORCES. Gibson was singled out for this very reason.

Care to back up those claims with any proof?

Something else to consider in all of this: Gibson uses the same wood, from many of the same suppliers and importers that nearly every other guitar company in America does. And they have not been targeted
Source

Gibson’s supplier, meanwhile, also imports Indian wood for most American guitar makers, including locally based companies Benedetto Guitars, Randy Wood Guitars and Gretsch Guitars.
[url=http://savannahnow.com/exchange/2011-09-09/federal-seizure-wood-products-used-gibson-guitars-concerns-local-guitar-makers]Source[/ur l]

As far as the actual shipping receipts, well, those may be a bit harder to find.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I don't care for the Obamas but I find sending anyone to jail over a guitar to be absolutely stupid.

Now if she was running guns like her hubby, sure.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
I really hate to be the turd in the punchbowl: but its "The National Enquirer"(?)
You know "batboy returns to bite mother..."( that "National Enquirer")

I find this incredibly hard to believe; because: If you buy something "in good faith" you are not liable for the manufacturers misdeeds...

I mean if you go looking for an ivory tusk that logic doesn't wash; but (?) She bought an off the shelf item; not a custom.

edit on 16-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

Can we get this straight once and for all? Batboy is NOT a creation of the National Enquirer. He is the creation Weekly World News (weeklyworldnews.com...). They are the ones that print outlandish stories and kick-ass pictures.

But seriously, please stop blaming the NE for Batboy. The NE has actually broken a lot of stories that turned out to be true. Yes, most is rubbish and lies, but not all. And they have never done a story on Batboy

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Well after doing some research the beef of the Obama vs. Gibson is that the wood used by the manufacturer of Guitars comes imported from India, but the wood is not finished in India by Indian workers but is bought raw and finished by workers in the US. Supposedly this is illegal, but as to what extend we don't know much about it, because the laws that stand behind this are as shady as all those laws that our corporate government passes behind the backs of US voters to satisfied foreign law agreements.

As for Michelle, I believe that as a Public figure right now she is not supposed to bring any gifts or accept gifts or something like that.

But is always "mistakes" been made so I guess this will be brushed under the carpet.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join