It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update on the Rossi E-cat.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The Rossi's 1 MW Cold Fusion E-Cat Reactor is going to be released this october. I have been following the developments of the e cat for a while now and have changed my mind from total skeptic to a hopeful optimism. Some prominent scientists have come out in support of rossi in recent months adding some much needed credibility to the project.
" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
Can the low tech looking contents of this freight container realy change the world like rossi and his proponents claim? Or are we witnessing an elaborate and seemingly pointless hoax?

I'm more excited than ever about the prospect of cold fusion technology suddenly hitting the world this October. Anyone who has been following this saga closely and realizes the significance of the E-Cat technology should also be excited. It represents a technology that could provide for all of the world's energy needs reliably, cheaply, cleanly, and safely. With most of the world focused on other topics, this energy panacea is poised to zoom in and shake the foundations of our civilization. In the past several days, news updates and rumors about the launch of the E-Cat technology have been spreading on the internet. Some of the news has been coming from Andrea Rossi himself, who has frequently been posting on his blog, "The Journal of Nuclear Physics." In the comment sections of the blog, he has been answering many questions, and sharing bits of information about his progress on the one megawatt plant. Here are a few of the bits of information he has shared.

Full story here:pesn.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I agree, first i was skeptical 2, but now i can't wait to hear news from A.Rossi, hope it'll be that awesome !!!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Real chemical cold fusion? What next eh!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I'm reserving judgement till October.
And thanks for keeping us updated.
How cool, you can put a 1MW FE generator into a trailer and ship it around the world (if that's what the image is?!?!)
If this turns out to be legit, and the global community gets behind it, that'll be the end of poverty and hunger in fairly short order.
Add me to the hopefuls list ;0)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
I have been following the developments of the e cat for a while now and have changed my mind from total skeptic to a hopeful optimism.
At first, I was skeptical.

Then a few months ago, someone on ATS started a thread with video showing the e-cat being demonstrated on video with Rossi explaining it in English.

Now, I'm even more skeptical, after seeing he's not actually measuring how much of the water is getting converted into steam. Everybody seems to want to guess at the conversion rate which is silly because it's quite easy to measure, just collect the water that's not converted to steam in a bucket. How much more simple can you get?

But since Rossi and other people are guessing, instead of measuring, that's not good science. I've investigated other cases where the inventor has literally hoaxed themselves over very simple things like this. It's ridiculous to guess about something of such critical importance which can easily be measured...so I see several options.

1. He's an idiot that's too stupid to measure the water out, (which I don't think is the case as he seems reasonably smart)
2. He's too lazy or doesn't really want an exact measurement (perhaps a bit more likely), or
3. He really has measured the water output when nobody was looking and knows it's way more than he claims. When that is taken into account the efficiency of the device may be 90% instead of over unity. I think this is the most likely scenario. Why he's hoaxing, I don't know.

But nobody with half a brain would guess at the water output instead of measuring it, when it's so darn easy to measure.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
There is a 99.9% chance that lightbulb in the pod is being run by an outside power source. I find that funny.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

But since Rossi and other people are guessing, instead of measuring, that's not good science.

Quickly scanning over the latest Buzz on Rossi, I noticed that there had been some steam calculations recently. And people are even more confused now than they were before. Not because there are answers, but again, the way Rossi did it was abnormal.

I don't have the time to repost everything, but it is out there if you have a few hours to sift through it all.

It's all in here somewhere...
edit on 16-9-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

I don't have the time to repost everything, but it is out there if you have a few hours to sift through it all.

You dont have time? You have 4000 posts since you joined less than 8 months ago. But you dont have time to source your claims?
edit on 16-9-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

What does post count have to do with anything?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Sounds interesting. Guess we'll know
whenever it comes....

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
A video of the latest "test" run: www.nyteknik.se...

There is certainly o lot of water leaving this thing. Don't miss the comments to the article.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by boncho

You dont have time? You have 4000 posts since you joined less than 8 months ago. But you dont have time to source your claims?
edit on 16-9-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

I posted a source. I don't have hours to read through all the latest discussion on Rossi as I have in the past. I have a mountain of work-related research to do this weekend. But as I said, feel free to go through it all.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

www.google.com...

The Fusion Revolution renewable.50webs.com/fusion.html - Cached Scientist Andrea Rossi's "Energy Catalyzer" (E-Cat) pressure fusion reactor ... Heat is applied to the pressurized nickel-hydrogen mixture to get the reaction started ... of nickel isotopes N-62 and N-64 into the copper isotopes CU-63 and CU-65. ... ►

Rossi's Energy Catalyzer: The Validations Continue pesn.com/.../9501805_Rossi_Cold_Fusion_Validated_by_Swedish_... - Cached Apr 7, 2011 – Yet another test of Andrea Rossi's Energy Catalyzer (E-Cat) has been ... that Copper is being formed from Hydrogen and Nickel -- cold fusion!

Andrea Rossi Biography – The E-Cat Fusor Story | Ecat Fusion And ... ecatfusion.com/e-cat/andrea-rossi-biography-the-e-cat-fusor-story - Cached Sep 5, 2011 – Andrea Rossi, the e-cat fusion developer, is an Italian inventor who has ... nickel and hydrogen exothermal reactions with production of copper. ...

Not sure of his funding but most likely a Nickle Company.
It has to be shut down to clean out the copper.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by moebius
A video of the latest "test" run: www.nyteknik.se...

There is certainly o lot of water leaving this thing. Don't miss the comments to the article.

What is with the steam.
We can't go back to steam technology like the did with atomic power.
Straight to ions was the only way for unlimited power.
We might be surprised how much a small piece of Radium can power.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Today seems to be working out ok for them.
Hyperion

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Well I couldn't find out what time they are doing this whole thing at.

I checked the site, thanks for the link Arthur.

What really surprised me was the admins and thier comments on the site.
I have never seen an admin use the term "Media Whore" before haha

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by KingArthur

rossi has allegedly severed links with Defkalion

top topics

join