It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serbian boys able to attract metal objects like magnets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
www.ctv.ca...

Two small boys from a central Serbian town are able to attract metal objects, acting much like human magnets, says the mother of one of them.

Sanja Petrovic, the mother of 4-year-old David, said it first came to her attention "about a month ago."

"I asked him to fetch me a spoon so I cold feed his little brother, and he yelled back: 'Mom, it sticks!"' Petrovic recalled. "I found him with several spoons and forks hanging from his body."

Not sure what to make of this. maybe it's environmental,maybe food, maybe not from earth?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Didn't this story come up last year sometime?

Not sure what they deduced from it that I can remember :p

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Perfect stranger

Hoax/fraud.

He even sticks copper and aluminum to his body...they arent magnetic...therefor he isnt magnetic.

Hes probably just sweaty or sticky...hence he has to stick it to skin...his magnetism doesnt even work through a light t-shirt....im sure if he had a good wash before the demonstration....it wouldnt stick.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This hoax has been covered before. Anyone can do this trick...I use to do it as a kid.

The key to understanding this phenomenon lies not in magnetism nor in any sort of mystical ability but instead in the physics of friction. Skin is very elastic (that’s why they call it “plastic surgery”) and tends to conform to objects it comes in contact with. This is especially noticeable on hot days when bare skin attaches itself to leather or plastic seats. Skin can also be somewhat adhesive for the same reason.

So-called magnetic people have a few characteristics in common. First, they have very little hair on their bodies. Sometimes (as in the case of seven-year-old Bogdan) it’s because the person is an adolescent and has not reached puberty. Often the magnetic people are of Asian descent and thus not typically hirsute. This is important because any hair that comes between the skin and an object placed on the skin will reduce the friction.

Second, magnetic people seen in photographs and videos with objects on their body tend to lean back slightly, or stand more or less perpendicular to the ground. If there really was some sort of unknown or magnetic force holding the objects to the body, the person should be able to lean over. It’s also true that Bogdan is a bit chubby, and thus some of the weight of the spoons and other objects on his chest is actually resting on the upper part of his protruding stomach.

news.discovery.com...

If one of these "magnetic" people actually made metal objects move without touching them, then that may be something to investigate further.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Perfect stranger

even if this story could be a fake
i dont see why this isnt so unrealistic

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I think the staff of that particular news service needs to beef up their research. As pointed out on a number of occasion, including on mainstream TV, these are not cases of 'attractive' forces... just 'sticky' people.

Now if you want to see something which claims to do with the actual association of magnetic forces with human people I would expect this to be more accurately characterized as a magnetic phenomenon:

I know people can always claim she had a magnet in her hand... but you can see 'stickiness' had nothing to do with the alleged attraction.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is false. It's been proven a hoax several times before. A lot of people have claimed to be magnetic. They would demonstrate by sticking anything from spoons to irons or frying pans to their chest and stomach.

However, it was determined that this was not magnetism. It was the oil on their skin. The natural body oil created a suction effect with a flat metal surface (like the back of a spoon), allowing it to stick.

They studied this effect in great detail on an episode of Stan Lee's Superhumans.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
As people are already saying, alot of proved fakes claim to attract metal to there body. Its possible to stick anything with practise and lets be honest, It dont'ntt mean much even if it was real.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This has been investigated before, they're not magnetic, just sweaty/greasy. James Randi did a test where he had these "magnetic people" rub talcum powder on their skin before attempting the trick, and it didn't work because their skin wasn't producing enough suction(ewww...).

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Obviously fake.

Smh....they should FORCE people to read science books before they post

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
why is it always eastern europeans who are magnetic?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rationalistswagger

Let's be clear here, There is science we know and science we don't.
While spoons and knives do indeed sound like a parlor trick. Science is still growing as we continue to understand the world around us. we should look at stories and learn both good and bad

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

It's not. People have also claimed to be magnetic in India, Malaysia, Thailand and the Philippines. For example:
unusual-things.blogspot.com...

new topics

top topics

join