It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got you in my sights : Targets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I've been pretty busy this week so I havent had a lot of time to write...
Still with hunting season fast approaching I figured you all could use a few targets to pratice with...

These files are Adobe PDF's; you need a program like Acrobat Reader to view/print them. If your printer is configured correctly, they will print exactly as described and can be used to calibrate your sights. If your favorite target isn't shown here sorry I have what I have... Yes I know they are not to scale... shut up... there free... want the real deal then go buy them
other wise click the links below...

M16/AR15 A2 25m zero: The same target used by the military to zero the M16. This is for A2 sights. Includes instructions. See Army FM 23-9 for more info.

6-up rifle bullseye: Short-range targets for air rifle or 22 caliber.

100 meter bullseye: Like the above, but with a larger black area for easier spotting.

100 meter crosshair: For use with scopes.

50 meter Triangle: For open sights such as the 7.62mm SKS.

Graded silhouette: Magnified silhouette from the zero target above, with rings calibrated to nothing in particular. For simulating long range with handguns or combat rifles.

Range silhouettes: Scaled silhouettes at 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, and 300 meters. When placed at 25 meters, simulates an Army qualification range. Use indoors or if your range is too small. Remember you should aim low at 150-200m targets with an M16. See Army FM 23-9 for more info.

Happy shooting

edit on 16-9-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Oopps forgot to hit quote so

"If your favorite target isn't shown here sorry I have what I have... Yes I know they are not to scale... shut up... there free... want the real deal then go buy them other wise click the links below... "

Ahh funny and useful, is there any end to the talents of DaddyBears? Do you make good porridge?

edit on 16-9-2011 by Wo0kiEE because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2011 by Wo0kiEE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

■ 3½ cups water
■ 1 teaspoon salt
■ 1¼ cups roasted blue (or yellow) cornmeal

Directions
1. Mix cornmeal and salt.
2. Bring water to boil.
3. Introduce cornmeal to boiling water and mix well.
4. Continue to beat slowly – stirring for about five minutes or until smooth and thick.

Bawhahahaha

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hehe, I tend to stop at the local fruit stand on the way to the open gun range across the river in Indiana and buy all the rotten heads of cabbage and bad cantaloupe, pumpkin, squash or what ever else they want to get rid of. 9 times out of 10, the lady doesn't even charge me.

By the time I wrap up for the day, the range looks like someone threw coleslaw and fruit salad everywhere. Its amazing what a 7.62 or .223 will do to a head of cabbage

edit on 16-9-2011 by DerbyCityLights because: Fingers got ahead of themselves and tripped up miserably.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

What aren't I surprised? I make a mean porridge with a packet mix n some milk LOOOL

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
These would have helped me two weeks ago. lol

Just bought a Aimpoint Red dot sight for my AR-15. I got it dead nuts at 100 yards. Muhahahahaha, its all deadly.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wo0kiEE

What aren't I surprised? I make a mean porridge with a packet mix n some milk LOOOL

FYI... Back home I could buy blue corn meal...
you prob don't know this but on a sour tummy... blue corn porridge is one of the few things that will stay down and is also a great source of proteins... add a little sugar and salt and it will help cure a case of the squirts

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Man as I live over the pond I don't get all these fun things

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

FYI... Back home I could buy blue corn meal...
you prob don't know this but on a sour tummy... blue corn porridge is one of the few things that will stay down and is also a great source of proteins... add a little sugar and salt and it will help cure a case of the squirts

So does a big block of cheddar cheese

Man as I live over the pond I don't get all these fun things

If you ever make the swim over, look me up. We will take an arsenal out and have a ball!
edit on 16-9-2011 by DerbyCityLights because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Come see me too...
I might have 1 or 2 or 20 things in the back of my closet I've played with in a while...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Thanks for the post, DaddyBare. I wish I had a printer that could print these in 11x17. That'd be almost perfect for the pistol range.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Come see me too...
I might have 1 or 2 or 20 things in the back of my closet I've played with in a while...

Umm....I sure hope you are talking about guns

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
My AK target has a tiny copyright I never saw. so i cant link. You can buy the good ones at AK47.net as well

Here is a free one though for AK/SKS

pokin-holes.blogspot.com...

Here are 10 pages of free to download targets.

www.targetz.com...
edit on 17-9-2011 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Come see me too...

A part of me doesn't even want to ask... but the other part of me wants to know...... "what prey tell does a DaddyBare keep in the back of his closet?"

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Thanks for the offer dude, I'm getting my wetsuit on as we speak, hoping to have a support vehicle as well as don't think I can swim very far...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

WHat pray tell might me in there????
Maybe 25 years worth of left overs from being a working gunsmith... careful now there are things in there that will bite ya stab ya or sitck ya.... Bawhahahahaha

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

All I got is a few old books, (Yes I can read) some T-shirts that no longer fit, and a stale smell of Moth Balls

top topics

join