It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mother admits to killing twins minutes after they are born

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
So its disgusting when she does it the day after the babies are born but would have been considered 'her choice' a day before? Im just making sure I understand the ****ed up mentality im dealing with here.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Alora

i am also very glad for those 'chutes'. sorry, the way i stated that was incorrect, my 'messed up' reaction is aimed at the OP, not the baby chute. i try my best to read and re-read my posts before posting, but you know, sometimes people post in anger, and don't always look at what they are posting, much like speaking before thinking...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Blanca never said that the person slightly over the limit was intending to kill, just that they were effectively carrying a loaded weapon.

People who have not been properly trained on carrying a loaded weapon, tend to kill other people when they carry loaded weapons.

And before you say it, very few people are properly trained on how to drive a vehicle at all, and you can't be trained on how to drive while under the influence.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

No, I am not saying that it would have been okay the day before, but I do believe that in rare circumstances abortion should be allowed. Not as a form of birth control nor after the fetus has developed a nervous system, brain included.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by schitzoandro

This is a load of BS if ive ever heard BS Before. Where did you hear this.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I have no idea why you people are so mad about this. I for one could care less, the same as abortion... her choice. your all acting like they were your kids or something.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dex77
I have no idea why you people are so mad about this. I for one could care less, the same as abortion... her choice. your all acting like they were your kids or something.

Some people have perspective, that's why they "care".

Unfortunately I think the situation seems a little more complex. The woman is clearly quite heavy and she is also engaged. Methinks her parents are those crazy religious folks who would cut you out of the will for having sex before marriage. Kids from families like that tend to be super screwed up when they become "adults". Just a wild hunch tbh, though.

This isn't one of those "why do you care to this extreme" instances like Casey Anthony's case, which made world news for some reason even though weeks before a mother from the same state as Anthony had sold her 13 year old son to 3 men for sexual use in exchange for meth; they later poured bleach down his throat and locked him in his bedroom to die. Unfortunately for him, he lived (I sure as hell would rather have died than had to suffer an entire night with bleach corroding my stomach and intestines). The topic we are on has not made widespread news, so there's no point of asking "why people care", we're just talking about it.
edit on 17-9-2011 by Partisanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dex77

You don't find a mother killing two innocent babies morally reprehensible? As for people caring while not being directly involved, it is called empathy...a perfectly normal human trait....

edit on 17-9-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Partisanity

If I had heard of that I would have felt almost exactly the same way. Doing anything that leads to the death or disfigurement of a child is reprehensible.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

you don't killing babies morally reprehensible?
I do, and agree she is mentally ill.

edit on 17-9-2011 by dex77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by schitzoandro

do you believe casey anthony to be innocent?

Actually, yes, I do. I didn't follow her case or any of the media about her or the hearings leading up to the trial. I only saw her name all over the place, and finally got curious about who the heck "Casey Anthon" was. I tuned in to cnn's live coverage (commercial free) and listened to the trial and the witnesses. Sidebars and hallways were not accessible, nor were interviews outdoors of the court house.

I felt almost as though I were a juror, with no knowledge of the case and no exposure (beyond the very first few days when Caley was "missing", and then only because it was on the cafeteria tv at work). The only diff was that I could hear the courtroom proceedings that took place while the jurors were not there.

I started with the opening statements and watched it every day until the closing arguments were over.

My opinion, based on a knowledge of the theories of family systems and my education and experience in psychotherapy, is that Casey was probably abused by her father as a little girl, that he also cheated on Cindy, and that Cindy is in perpetual denial about all of it. I think the little girl drowned when she got up the ladder, whether she moved it herself or it was left up, and the dad found her and covered it up.

There was just too much not-right-ness about the car smelling and the dad not calling the police, and his argumentative behavior toward his daughter's defense attorney. Her mother is out of touch with reality. She is the family "emotional" one. Casey is the one who represents "normalcy". Lee is the one who got away.

If Casey had learned over her lifetime to hide her problems, it would make sense for her to behave as though everything was okay while Caley was gone. The fact that when she had the opp to have a private visit with ONE of her family members and she CHOSE HER DAD (!!)
only reinforced to me that they were colluding in some secret they were deliberately trying to hide.

I actually think her father is responsible, and he held her accountable. Very sick family.

But that's really off-topic unless we use it to look at this mother, who has ADMITTED to killing her newborns, who is obviously is no more healthy than the Anthony family, and in point of fact is MORE maladjusted. Whatever her reasons for what she did, she is not capable of thinking according to the expectations of society. That means she is mentally ill.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gamesmaster63

Speaking as a person that is deeply, clinically depressed and has had homicidal urges I feel that I do have the right to judge her.

On what grounds? You have urges to do the same thing, and because you so far have not, you are a competent judge?

A judge is meant to be impartial and not emotional about the case. Clearly you are already an emotional wreck and struggling with keeping yourself from murdering someone...

People, I understand vigilanteism. I understand the mama-bear thing that causes us to go to extremes to protect our own offspring. I understand being sickened by this act.

The only thing I'm trying to point out is that NONE OF US is actually entitled to "play God!" I'm not saying that anger and the wish for her to be punished is irrational - it is human.

Wow. The vicious are out in force on this one! Do you not believe that she will pay the price due according to the rules of Justice that are NOT under your personal jurisdiction? Hate and anger are very destructive forces, they take a lot of energy and they cause numerous health issues.

I'm actually sorry I ever got into this thread. So, with this entry, I respectfully take my leave.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
All of this because of THE RENT IS TO D4MN HIGH

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Tennessee has a newborn Safe Haven Law. She could have taken advantage of that, the twins would have been cared for and she would not have been guilty of abandoning them. She had an option, an out. She is a murderer (IMO) and should be prosecuted as such.

edit on 17-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by e11888
So its disgusting when she does it the day after the babies are born but would have been considered 'her choice' a day before? Im just making sure I understand the ****ed up mentality im dealing with here.

Why do pro-lifers make up pro-choice arguments as if they ever existed? Who the hell ever said that it's okay to abort unborns that late in gestation? Oh right, you, because you're parroting partisan nonsense. Get real.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale
Disgusting. Why didn't she just get an abortion?

This response is absolutely classic.

Yeah, how dare she kill those innocent babies the moment they were born? That is just sick.

She should have killed them much sooner with the assistance of the medical profession.
I agree that this mental juggling is off kilter. That's why the judge in the Canadian case let the woman go because there's no real dividing line between a baby in the belly being killed and a baby out the belly being killed. The only thing a going to the Doctor to do this mess would do insure that there's documentation when you have something arise as a complication of killing your kid. Considering that doctors leave scissors in incisions, and a lot of hospitals and clinics are known to actually infectious (MRSA), I'm reluctant to say that the Doctor's abortion is healthier and reduces pain and injury to the mother and fetus than what this crazy lady did at home. Deaths tend to happen more due to coverups, for any surgery or abortion. A home abortion, or murdering your birthed child is a coverup, and it can get you killed because it risks your health. How many mothers died from doctor performed abortions, really? I mean, putting myself into the mentality of someone who'd want to kill her kids (which is difficult, mind you), if I had a friend who went in for an abortion and died as a result, especially if the cause of death was misdirected, I'd rather birth and kill them myself because if I'm going to die from this, and they manage to survive, I'm not there to deal with it, and if I survive, they're still dead as if they were aborted. But for the love of God, they would not be in a basket where everyone could find them. Let me carry my guilt on my own, not shove it in my family's face when they find the evidence of what I've done to avoid them being a part of it!

And I'm saying this as a person who gets sick at the sight of violent deaths, who has never been good at killing anything (including wild baby rats whose mum is long dead), who thinks it's absolutely evil to kill a kid, period.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partisanity

Originally posted by e11888

Why do pro-lifers make up pro-choice arguments as if they ever existed? Who the hell ever said that it's okay to abort unborns that late in gestation? Oh right, you, because you're parroting partisan nonsense. Get real.
Bill Clinton did. He supported partial birth abortion. There are pro-choice folks out there that want to kill them all the way up to birth. Some are for it even past that mark--these are our Euthanasia peddlers. Thank God there's not many, but there's enough of them to make sure that this point needs to be put out. At the same time, they are few, so saying this to any given Pro-choicer who is honestly far more Pro-life than they let on just revolts them. These statement need to be backed off of a tad, just far enough to point out why they are even brought up, or if the audience at hand even agrees with the need for it.

It's pretty easy to get people to agree to the limit of viability as being a boundary between Abortion and Murder, but this isn't even set in stone:

The earliest gestational age at which the infant has at least a 50% chance of survival is referred to as the limit of viability. As NICU care has improved over the last 40 years, viability has reduced to approximately 24 weeks,[5][6] although rare survivors have been documented as early as 21 weeks.[1] This date is controversial, as gestation in the case reported was measured from the known date of conception (by IVF) rather than, as usual, the date of the mother's last menstrual period, making gestation appear two weeks less than if calculated by the conventional method in this case.[7] As risk of brain damage and developmental delay is significant at that threshold even if the infant survives, there are ethical controversies over the aggressiveness of the care rendered to such infants. The limit of viability has also become a factor in the abortion debate[according to whom?].
Wiki

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I know in my state, there's supposedly laws (at least conventions that doctors hold to) that I never looked up, that won't allow you to get your tubes tied until you've had 3 kids and are 25. Considering that the process is no reversible, this forced limitation which would prevent the need for abortions or private baby-killings like this. If it's we are really so pro-choice, why aren't Pro-choicer uniformly out there fighting against this policy? They're so excited over the right to kill a kid instead of preventing the chance to let them exist in the first place. This drives me nuts as it is so illogical to me.

Now as far as this woman is concerned, I'm not so worried about locking her up as preventing her from being able to have kids again. Sterilize her, get her treatment, and have an injunction against her ever being able to be alone with anyone under the age of 16 ever again. She violates that injunction, put her in jail before she kills again. This isn't about a lack of compassion for the woman, this is for the safety of the public at large.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
wow this is incredibly messed up, like seriously, imagine 2 twin spirits were to be born on this earth, I bet they were special twins, but to be sent right back to the spirit world so quickly must be such a shock, they will both be reborn again in 72 hours hopefully by someone who actually loves and cares for them.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
What I am wondering is if she perhaps didn't know she was pregnant, as that is how a lot of women who didn't know they pregnant have their babies, in the toilet. It may be sad but it is a fact. And another fact is that a normal person doesn't behave in the manner described in the OP, SO with that said, she obviously wasn't "all there" to begin with. Is this an excuse, no, but like I said, sane and normal people don't do things like this.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join