It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mother admits to killing twins minutes after they are born

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
this is local to me, and i didn't see it posted anywhere here.. i'm sure it will soon gain national headlines.. and just a plain messed up story.. this morning they were all about telling people to seek help if they are stressed about having a child... a little too late me thinks...

www.newschannel5.com...

HENDERSONVILLE, Tenn. – Police said a Hendersonville mother has admitted to killing her twin newborn boys by suffocating them after they were born at her home so her parents wouldn't hear them crying.

On Monday around 10:30 p.m. Lowe told police she gave birth to a baby in the toilet. When the baby started to cry, Lowe was apparently concerned her parents would hear. Lowe admitted to police she held her hand over the baby's mouth to keep it from crying – and kept her hand in place for several minutes until the baby was dead.Minutes later the second baby was born in the same way. When it was delivered, Lowe told police both babies were together in the toilet.
Minutes later the second baby was born in the same way. When it was delivered, Lowe told police both babies were together in the toilet.
The affidavit said Lowe told police the second child was crying, but not as loud. She said she put her hand over the baby's mouth like the other and waited for the child to die. Lowe told police the second baby died quicker than the first.

wow, how scary must her parents be!
edit on 16-9-2011 by schitzoandro because: add link

edit on 16-9-2011 by schitzoandro because: add quote

edit on 16-9-2011 by schitzoandro because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2011 by schitzoandro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This.... Earth Sad days for this type of thing to be going on THEY WERE INNOCENT BABIES
R.I.P to the sent.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by schitzoandro

I'm willing to bet she discovers the U.S. court system to be considerably less understanding than the Canadian Judge who just recently gave a woman a pass for doing something very similar with a newborn. How many ways and how many laws must we pass as a society to give desperate or overwhelmed mothers a place to leave children safely for others to take them??

TN Safe Haven Laws

I know it's terrible to say, but I hope this woman finds that real hot place they speak of after death, and finds herself with an eternity to suffer unspeakably. There is no excuse for this MOST heinous of crimes!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

memphis.about.com...

Tennessee, like most other states, has a law in place designed to protect newborn infants from death by abandonment. Such stories are all too common -- a newborn is found stuffed in a trash can or left in a public bathroom, all because the mother was unable to cope with the fact that she had just given birth. The law, known as the Safe Haven Law, gives mothers who do not want their babies a safe place to legally surrender their newborns. The following questions and answers provided by the Shelby County Sheriff's office explain the Safe Haven process, as well as rules and requirements. For additional information or to find a Safe Haven location, call the confidential Safe Haven Hotline at (877) 768-3473.

excellent find, i work for a law firm in tennessee, but i had never heard of this. channel 5 news this morning was reporting about what people need to do to find help if they get in a similar situation, but they did not mention this.. wonder how i could go about getting this info to the newsroom, but by now i'm sure someone has...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by schitzoandro

Disgusting. Why didn't she just get an abortion?

Also, she must be a huge, fat pig to have hidden a twin pregnancy all the way to full term. How could nobody notice?

Having given birth to full term twin baby boys myself that each weighed 7lbs, there was no way I could have hidden it. I gained about 60 lbs.

Also to add: I took an ill friend to a hospital recently, and was flabberghasted to see that the hospital has a baby chute. Sort of like a book return at a library. When I inquired about it, I was told it is a place where parents can deposit babies that they can't take care of, no questions asked!

edit on 16-9-2011 by Blanca Rose because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2011 by Blanca Rose because: spelling

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Speechless.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
this happens everyday but i still get disgusted....every single time

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Not nessacarily this case, but I think parents are scared to ask for help. Like ppd. They think the state will step in and snatch the kids. And so mother goes untreated, scared to seek help. Thinking it will go away. This leads to more depression, then psychosis? Then, it's to late. This is my opinion.

Sadley, a mother may need help, but being scared of losing the children she loves, doesnt. I think thos is when the chill/can begin. And its a very slippery slope.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by schitzoandro
wow, how scary must her parents be!

They must be very scary if killing her newborns was easier to do than facing them.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

You should re-evaluate your use of hate and negativity on this site.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

wow... a baby shoot... i can see the sign over it... don't want your baby? just slide in the tube, and go on with your life!

so messed up...

and not a funny story at all, but a shoot? like chute? what is coming to mind when you say that is an old apartment complex, where everyone dumps their dirty laundry down a chute... ugh...

and unfortunately, the pix do not look like she was too huge... just disgusting...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I am absolutely dumbfounded....why weren't they delivered in a hospital? Why did she kill them? Why did her parents not get involved at any point?

What??

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo

Agreed. No one knows the full situation, so who are we to judge?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by schitzoandro

wow... a baby shoot... i can see the sign over it... don't want your baby? just slide in the tube, and go on with your life!

so messed up...

and not a funny story at all, but a shoot? like chute? what is coming to mind when you say that is an old apartment complex, where everyone dumps their dirty laundry down a chute... ugh...

and unfortunately, the pix do not look like she was too huge... just disgusting...

Yes, I meant chute. Like where people dump stuff. Sad, but true! However, I do think it is a good idea, rather than a person depositing their child in a toilet.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This is so sad... heartbreaking. I think the girl may have some mental illness or something. She is 25 years old, living with her parents and she put the dead babies in a laundry basket to hide them...
They were found 2 days later. I wouldn't think someone capable of rational thought would just leave them in a basket in the home...

It's hard to tell if fear prompted her to keep a secret or what... She was engaged. There's so many strange things about this story. But it's sad, for sure...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA

Originally posted by BIGPoJo

The full situation? What does the full situation have to do with it when 2 babies are dead?

The end in this case does not justify the means! Murder is murder, no matter what lead up to it.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Blanca Rose because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Such a tragedy that innocent babies lose their lives this way. I guess many are young teenagers who are too frightened to tell parents they are pregnant in the first place. I also suspect the parents are not interested in their own children enough to even notice they are going through a pregnancy. Lets be honest here, morning sickness, expanding waistline, mood swings, sleepless nights, heartburn etc. I think any parent of a teenager if they were worth the title of *loving parent* would notice something was going on.
I am not going to judge anyone but I think if someone has to go to these lenghts to hide a birth because of fear of parents hearing then there is a serious breakdown of trust and communication in the first place.
Contraception and education still does not seem to be working but alas I don't have any answers.
I feel for the babies and I also feel for the mothers in this situation it is horrific for all concerned. What a world we are leaving for our future generations.*sigh*
p.s I know this woman was 25, I am just refering to this type of situation.
edit on 16/9/2011 by squizzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This 'girl' was a woman of 25 yrs of age. The article said she had been dating her boyfriend since 2008. She didn't tell anyone about the pregnancy. She had 9 months to tell her family/boyfriend, ask for help, make arrangements for adoption/etc if she did not want to keep her babies. She was 25 for crap sake, why couldn't she tell her parents? Why didn't she? This is a woman who should never become pregnant again in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

absolutely. anyone who would have their child in a toilet, then suffocate them immediately so as to stop their crying, so the grandparents don't hear... yes, no one in their right mind could do such a thing... it's not possible... i have a 6 month old daughter, and .... well, i'm speechless beyond that, i don't even know how to respond other than she is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me, and to think about destroying her within minutes of her birth... well it just plain doesn't comprehend in my mind...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA

Normal human beings who don't kill babies? just saying.

don't make excuses for this piece of trash.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join