It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wild Boy! ... not really just some 17 year old kid with a compass ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Just found this over the morning coffee.
Thought it interesting that he could walk for 2 weeks
and need a compass... I looked at maps of the area south of berlin...
he would have to cross a road

Maass says the boy asserts that he and his father took to the woods about five years ago after his mother died and have been living in a tent and earth huts. Police say the boy — who says he doesn't remember where the family came from — claims he followed his compass north after his father recently died, hitting Berlin after walking two weeks.

not a lot of info in the article ...
they don't know who he is?
I don't think the kid knows who he is?
just kinda of odd story....I guess we'll see what happens.

AP source

ATS what's your take?
edit on 9/16/2011 by spoonbender because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

Ummm..yeah - I'm in agreement that it doesn't add up. I just found Berlin City Hall (Rotes Rathaus) on the map..

Google Map - Rotes Rathaus - Berlin City Hall

As you can see its pretty much in the middle of Berlin. The kid would have to encountered a ton of civilization to get there from anywhere within 2 weeks walking distance.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
wow good stuff! that is very strange

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
right ....lived in a tent & earth hut's ... ok

now i wanna know what they did for food ?
and where'd ya bury the Oldman?

and why did they decide to go hermit in the 1st place...?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
There doesn't seem to be a much in the way of details on it at the moment. I found the local source (from Berlin) below.

Mystery English-speaking boy emerges from forest

It gives a few more details (like his parents 1st names) but not much more..

The pair had left civilisation when his mother, who the boy said was called Doreen, died. The boy said he and his father, who he said was called Ryan, had not set up a home but had kept moving. They had slept in a tent and huts they found in the woods, he told them. Maaß said the boy had told youth workers he could remember nothing about where he came from, nor anything much more than his own first name.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
If the boy walked for 2 weeks gives 14 day at 25 km a day = 350km.
Heading north to Berlin , did he start from Czechoslovakia ? Western part near the German border...
strange story so far...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
yes, i was just doing my daily bbc check up, and found that story..
www.bbc.co.uk...

very strange to say the least.. found in germany and speaks mostly english? sounds very much like this boy is pulling someone's leg, but you never know about us earthlings anymore, not nowadays!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This reminds me of that movie "Hanna", except I'm sure he's not some Government super soldier.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Aye, story as it stands doesn't quite ring true, Wherever he started, he'd have had to pass through numerous towns and villages to get to Berlin. So why not make himself known earlier?

But I wonder if the media have just elaborated events to make a bigger story of it?

Alone, not knowing much German, and having little money he, rightly, decided to head to the British Embassy, which he knew was in Berlin, and it happened to take him 2 weeks to get there.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Well the officials seem to believe his story, apparently they think he might have lived all over Europe if you can believe what the mSM are saying, but I just don't get his story at all really....

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender
right ....lived in a tent & earth hut's ... ok

Well maybe. I lived in Germany for three years, and the urban set up isn't quite like what I'm used to. You have these major metropolitan areas that are interspersed with fields and (no kidding) woods. You are going along... City... Concrete... More city... Forest... Just like that; and I mean wilderness, dense trees, acres and acres of it. Usually interspersed with running/walking trails and little pools and parks, usually plenty of people on the main paths. However, you can get lost in there, even if you know it well. I ran in this one patch for most of the years I was there, and got lost a few times when I would deviate onto an unknown trail. Get lost for hours on the trails, and I could have very easily gotten lost for a few days if I had left those trails and headed into the un-tramped-upon unknown. I don't know about two weeks though... Seems a stretch, and if he had a compass and was going in a straight line... Big stretch.

Originally posted by spoonbendernow i wanna know what they did for food ?

Deer and wild boar. No kidding. Saw 'em all the time. I almost got trampled by a large-ish buck that spooked out of the underbrush in a panic once. (I don't think he even saw me. But I digress...)

Originally posted by spoonbenderand where'd ya bury the Oldman?

Lotsa places out there in the trees IMO. No one would ever find him too.

Originally posted by spoonbenderand why did they decide to go hermit in the 1st place...?

Who knows. One would have to ask the kid I suppose.
edit on 19-9-2011 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Saw an article today that they're still trying to find out who this kid is and there's a page from Germany that the police posted with more info here, scroll down to the bottom for the english portion.

Now keep in mind the photos of him are recent and just released. I don't know what he was wearing/what he looked like when he first appeared, though it did say his teeth were good looking with no work by a dentist.

Original article:
news.yahoo.com...
edit on 6/13/2012 by PennKen2009 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/13/2012 by PennKen2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Sorry to be the guy calling hoax but.......cnews.canoe.ca...

Article titled Forest Boy A Fraud.

For all the people who said it doesn't add up.......

new topics

top topics

join