There is an astonishing
amount of misinformation (or just plain lies) being tossed about in this thread. Below, I'll try to correct a few by
presenting blunt facts with accompanying references.
1) HPV is the cause of over
90% of cervical cancer and genital warts.
2) Cervical cancer is the #2 killer of women worldwide.
3) The Gardasil vaccine provides immunity to 4 HPV strains that, combined, account for roughly
70% of all cervical cancers and 90% of all genital warts.
4) By the age of 50, 75-80% of sexually active persons have contracted HPV.
5) "Safe sex" in terms of condom use is NOT fully protective against HPV, as the condom likely will not cover the warts, as they are often found
around the penis and vulva. Though, many people still mistakenly think condoms are
6) There are many, many safety and efficacy studies
for GARDASIL that are
publically available and involve large numbers of participants. Here's one of the largest
7) VAERS reporting (an adverse effect database that collects consumer/medical professional complaints of ANY side effect they feel is related to the
vaccine) found that GARDASIL's side effect rate was the same as other vaccines on the marker with two exceptions: there was a slightly higher rate of
syncope (fainting) in younger girls who got this vaccine (though they woke immediately with no problems) and blood clots (at a rate of 0.2 per 100,000
women who were immunised). Overall, only ~12,000 complaints (nearly all of minor things like fainting and injection-site soreness) were reported at
the point at which 23 million doses had been given.
8) The vaccine uses recombinant VLPs (virus-like proteins)
derived from the 4 HPV strains being
immunised against. The reason for this is that the VLPs are NOT infectious in any way (so there is no risk of contracting HPV through the vaccine),
and they VLPs provide targets for your white blood cells. When your WBCs pick up the proteins, they are "programmed" against HPV. This is what your
immune system does every day with bacteria, allergens, viruses, and even cancer cells. It's not artificial, it's not "mutating" anything. So, in light
of that...of COURSE recombinant VLPs would be detected in your blood post-vaccine...THAT'S HOW IT WORKS!
Now, hopefully these points and sources have cleared up some of the confusion in this thread. Obviously, there are those hard-line fundamentalists who
feel that change and technology are inherently evil, and whose minds won't be swayed by facts or science. I'm not doing this for them. I'm doing this
for the people who are genuinely curious and wanting to know what to do for themselves or their daughters. Please, protect yourself and your children.
I've treated and seen many, many patients with cervical cancer, and I've attended too many funerals for family members, friends, and even patients who
have succumbed to this disease.
edit on 9/16/2011 by VneZonyDostupa because: (no reason given)