It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there a soul in Prehistoric times?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Just to throw this out here and see what you think about it..

A friend of mine asked me what I think there is awaiting us after this life..

Well my answer is a little bit too harsh since I believe that there is NOTHING awaiting us, no heaven, no hell, no other dimension, no other universe..sad isn’t it..i know. It saddens me more when I think about the fact that I have to work 8 hrs a day when this is the only chance I have to experience this wonderful creation.

My idea is that we are like everything else we see around us, just a random combination of molecules and there is no soul.

A number of questions I put up a lot in order to backup my thinking is the following :

If we have a soul and that’s why we are so intelligent, where was the soul in the early stages of humankind, in the very beginning of the human race..when we were still Ape like, or we did have a soul but with less IQ? Or we acquired a soul after we became intelligent? Or there is no soul at all?

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

if you want to imagaine the afterlife imagine what it was like before you were born
makes sense doesnt it?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

lol now thats a nice riddle

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

From my OBE experiences it leaves me to believe there is a soul and is the reason I believe in an afterlife though nothing like heaven and hell. I would honestly say you should give it ago because im an atheist but it has changed my entire outlook on the world.
edit on 16-9-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I think you are making a mistake thinking there is any link between soul and intelligence.

We all have a soul. Whatever you call it. We are all intelligent, to a diffrerent degree. Well, some poeple are dumb and some are geniouses, but does that mean some people have a lot of this soul, and other have little? No, of course not.

We all have a soul, a spark of life, as do many other animals. It is nothing to do wihth intelligence. So yes - it goes all the way back. All primates, in my opinion, probably all mamals have souls. Or spirit of some form at least - it depends if you view the world from a christian, or a purely spiritual view, as I do.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

ok so based upon your post..will both my soul and the prehistoric man's one will be the same in the afterlife?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

if you want to imagaine the afterlife imagine what it was like before you were born
makes sense doesnt it?

BUZZ Wrong, Most of the time when we dream we dont remember it but those dream did occur none the less,

You dont remember what you did on August 2nd your first year of birth do you? But you existed..

You damn sure cant remember being in your mothers womb so how are you gonna remember even before that if you indeed had a past life?

So that argument is flawed
edit on 16-9-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

have you ever considered your OBE's to be just a dream, an illusion from the mind?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
reply to post by OwenGP185

have you ever considered your OBE's to be just a dream, an illusion from the mind?

I have, the reason I believe OBE's to be different from dreams are because lucid dreams are possible and feel totally different. It could very will be an illusion of the mind after all our brains are incredibly powerful, however it would have to be one powerful illusion to witness some of the experiences I have, not to mention I have had conversations with beings(whatever you would call them" that are way more intelligent than I consider myself.

I do believe they have similarities with dreams as dreams most likely manifest from our consciousness as well to a degree. People often think of them as dreams so the best thing to do is try for yourself to see.
As for prehistoric animals having souls, I believe so yes. In fact we often thing of souls as an extra part of our body when in fact our body derives from the soul, I don't believe our souls are separate but rather one conscious body.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Just a theory - perhaps we reincarnate, and in each life we gradually build ourselves a soul through the learning and understanding of compassion and empathy. Perhaps we start off as mere animals, with just pure animalistic instincts, and as we live each life, we gradually shed these behaviours. Again, just a theory. Doesn't mean I believe it though

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Im not religious (organized religion is a scam) I considered myself more spiritual. I think our souls reside in maybe another frequency. Every time I get to thinking its hard to imagine such a thing i think about this.

And I put this question to anyone..

If you lived in the 1800's without TV and radio and someone from the future told you that invisible waves floating around can carry sound and visions would you believe them? I would think they were coo coo. Most people would and atheists would as well.

Same thing with Atoms I find it hard to wrap my mind around them existing but I know they do cause we have the tools to prove it. But it still seems miraculous to me.

120 years ago these things we know now would be considered miraculous. So just because we do not have the means to film or pick up a soul or ether world does not mean it doesn't exist.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

reply to post by Shamatt

ok so based upon your post..will both my soul and the prehistoric man's one will be the same in the afterlife?

Exactly the same. The same as all men since the dawn of time, regardless of religion. Spirit returns to spirit. We are all one.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
Im not religious (organized religion is a scam) I considered myself more spiritual. I think our souls reside in maybe another frequency. Every time I get to thinking its hard to imagine such a thing i think about this.

If you lived in the 1800's without TV and radio and someone from the future told you that invisible waves floating around can carry sound and visions would you believe them? I would think they were coo coo.

Same thing with Atoms I find it hard to wrap my mind around them existing but I know they do cause we have the tools to prove it. But it still seems miraculous to me.

Good point, I think one day humans will look at our generations and see spiritual incompetence and wonder how we enjoyed life without realising the much bigger world that surrounds us. Its likely we know less that 1% about the universe and im sure a lot of important spiritual understating will be a part of the 99%.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185

If you lived in the 1800's without TV and radio and someone from the future told you that invisible waves floating around can carry sound and visions would you believe them? I would think they were coo coo.

Good point, I think one day humans will look at our generations and see spiritual incompetence and wonder how we enjoyed life without realising the much bigger world that surrounds us. Its likely we know less that 1% about the universe and im sure a lot of important spiritual understating will be a part of the 99%.

i think one day humans will look at our generation and be so grateful to us now they became immortals..till the end of the universe...because that is what i think the purpose of us..the human race..to one day achieve immortality..but afterwards..there is nothing

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

The translation of soul in the Bible is the same for man and animals,
nephesh the breath of life

ecclesia.org...

Greek and Hebrew Word Studies from the Scriptures
What is the Soul and Spirit?
www.pickle-publishing.com...

I find the new testament interesting

In the New Testament the word for "spirit" is pneuma. Pneuma is translated the following ways:

ghost 2
Ghost (with Holy) 90
life 1
spirit 151
Spirit 137
spiritual gift 1
spiritually 1
wind 1

Spirit

The English word spirit comes from the Latin spiritus, meaning "breath", but also "spirit, soul, courage, vigor", ultimately from a Proto-Indo-European *(s)peis. It is distinguished from Latin anima, "soul." In Greek, this distinction exists between pneuma (πνευμα), "breath, motile air, spirit," and psykhē (ψυχη), "soul."

The word "spirit" came into Middle English via Old French. The distinction between soul and spirit also developed in the Abrahamic religions: Arabic nafs (نفس) opposite rúħ (روح); Hebrew neshama (נְשָׁמָה nəšâmâh) or nephesh (in Hebrew neshama comes from the root NŠM or "breath") opposite ruach (רוּחַ rûaħ).

en.wikipedia.org...

He that dwells in the secret place of the Highest,
He shall abide under the shadow of the Many Breasted One.

God gave man the breath of life, but not necessarily everlasting life,Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
edit on 073030p://bFriday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185

i think one day humans will look at our generation and be so grateful to us now they became immortals..till the end of the universe...because that is what i think the purpose of us..the human race..to one day achieve immortality..but afterwards..there is nothing

Fair enough, I personally do not see any good coming from immortality not to mention it is incrdibly unnatural and going against the natural laws that made us. If you think about how everything humans are doing is becoming more and more unnatural then look at the damage we do to the planet then that to me indicates whatever we are doing is going in the wrong direction. I would much rather be a mere mortal myself, whats the fun in being part of a board game that has no ending?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Before all this neo christian BS, it was not beleived just Man had place in the afterlife, that just Man had a soul, go ask A Native American Or Hindu or Buddhist...or Druid, to them all things had a spiritual energy, like a battery that equates to the soul, when they killed a deer (a native American) they thanked it for it's life and sacrifice and paid the soul of that Deer respect like any other living thing, Even a tree or a tomatoe plant or more likely a tobacco plant, but you get the idea...Especially if you look at Buddhists, they beleive that all living things have a soul and those souls can evolve or devolve depending in the way the soul (being ) acted while alive so a good being who did no harm would from a dung beetle evolve to a soul in say a cat or dog...and evolve eventually into a human but also a human who led a heinous life can then reincarnate to become a dung beetle if they were heinous enough. So looking at their model (which may be more accurate, except I don't buy into the devolving soul theory) but looking at their model, it could mean prehistoric man was not fully evolved as man yet because at the time they were still evolving spiritually, so they needed that bridge between Ape and Fully Evolved Human. That's JMO. But, honestly I have seen souls of cats that passed on (well at least one in the home I used to live in Pennsylvania). I have also experienced though not seen the souls of humans either saying good bye or playing mind games on me (In same home as the cat ghost I was experiencing this)/ The ghost would call my name in my stpedaughter's voice and call "mom" in my kids' voices, you may say the step daughter and kids were having fun with me, except one day I stood right next to my stepdaughter in the hallway and it called my name in her voice and she heard it too!!! Imagine hearing your voice call someone else's name and you are standing there I could see her face and her lips didn't move they were shut and we both heard it!!! So there are things that tell me that the soul exists. These I beleive are the same souls that started off as dinosaurs and have evolved to the ppoint of higher intelligence creatures. That's why when you think about the sheer numbers we have in population today, alot of soul non beleivers would use that to prove souls don't exist, but think about evolution of the soul and then the numbers start to make sense. And think about how many other worlds in the whole entirety of space probably exists, and everybody at some point (every soul) makes at least one stop on Earth, but may have originated their evolution on another world altogether.
But if I'm wrong and you're right what difference does it make? Absolutely none. And Vice versa.
edit on 16-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

edit on 16-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

edit on 16-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: fix sentence

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Bodies are just vehicals for the soul. Souls have always existed since the dawn of the universe and a very 'smart' soul will only be as smart in its body as the body alows it to be. Ie a smart soul in a monkey wont be as smart as a simpler soul in a normal human as the added brain power alows the persons soul to manifest in physicality more.

Or something....

Maybe im just talking meaningless drivel......where am I? What year is this? WHO'S THE PRESIDENT!!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

makes sense doesnt it?

BUZZ Wrong, Most of the time when we dream we dont remember it but those dream did occur none the less,

You dont remember what you did on August 2nd your first year of birth do you? But you existed..

You damn sure cant remember being in your mothers womb so how are you gonna remember even before that if you indeed had a past life?

So that argument is flawed

this really doesnt come clost to debunking what i said. of course i dont remember what i did a certain day but thats because actions are irrelivant in what we are talking about
plus i can still say that i existed that day and i know this for fact
yes but life tells me that when i came into existed, part of the roll of our parents..

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious

Bodies are just vehicals for the soul. Souls have always existed since the dawn of the universe and a very 'smart' soul will only be as smart in its body as the body alows it to be. Ie a smart soul in a monkey wont be as smart as a simpler soul in a normal human as the added brain power alows the persons soul to manifest in physicality more.

Or something....

Maybe im just talking meaningless drivel......where am I? What year is this? WHO'S THE PRESIDENT!!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?

ok..so monkeys got souls right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join