It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classic Thread Derailments Of All Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
So I was reading this thread today about Is God Ugly By Modern Standards ? Which I thought was as reasonable a question as any other albeit in a slightly comedic sense. Anyway the thread degenerated pretty quickly and I’m pretty sure that Sed Non Credo was doing a fair amount of face palming.

Amazingly, and somewhat hilariously, by the end of page 1 the discussion has somehow gotten to carbon dating.

Now I’m quite partial to a good old fashioned thread derailing myself and this has gotten me to thinking, what is the funniest, worst thread derailment that’s occurred on ATS.

Maybe you were the derailer or perhaps the derailee I’m sure there must be a few classics out there, so I’d appreciate if you could share.

And by the way I’m aware of The Ultimate Derailing Thread, this thread is not the same concept but if you really feel the need ……….

Cheers

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
You must be a disinfo agent. Seriously who paid you? I'm so tired of your kind attacking ATS and trying to dumb us down.

We should start a list of people who are disinfo agents, who's with me? Ignore this OP, clearly this is an obvious reason why we should be talking about disinfo agents here.

hehehe

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

Mate

I'll give you 5 out of ten for that one.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by myselfaswell

classic derailer here
2nd line

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
already posted try using search next time.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Shouldn't this be in the jokes forum???!?!?!?!!?!??!?!

Oh my god where are the mods!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
No pic's then it didnt happen!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
But carbon dating is an interesting subject.. Can we talk about that?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Is your avatar broken?

edit on 16/9/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
4 words guaranteed to derail almost any thread....

'you are being racist'

I've seen it work way too many times.....

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

You're one of those fascist Tea Baggers, aren't you?!?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The OP is obviously a reptilian agent provocateur, likely some form illegal immigrant sponging off of the tax payers as well.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I am always accused of being a paid disinfo agent but I'm not. Neither do I drink Kool-aid.

Now did you know that in the same amount of time in office. W Bush had spent 3 times as time on vacation as Obama? 3 TIMES as much and Reagan 2 times as much as Obama. The only recent president to take less vacation than Obama was.... Billy Clinton!

Oh and I want to see the Brokeback Mountain Sequel, The Fur Traders starring Halle Berry and Jessica Alba

top topics

join